There's something needs to be changed in Guild Wars brackets

The low members guild is’nt the problem. It’s the non-participation guilds that are the problem. Should’nt there be a percentage of matches played, based on last GW, to determine if they are eligible? Maybe 60-75%, somewhere in there? I understand that not every member will play every battle every guild wars, but there should be decent participation involved.
Also, I am honestly curious if a Guild leader can simply not register if their guild majority does not want to play GW.

1 Like

Which brings us to a participation fee feature request :wink:

I see your point I did say I DON’T DISAGREE WITH YOU.
I also added an example of a valid concern.
I find it frustrating when I provide a valid concern and then you just paint the entire team with the same brush because I said “I’m” going to have the same opinion in future.

You needn’t worry though, because I’m not a designer. It’s not my decision.

5 Likes

You don’t have to put any time window on this, but isn’t “rework Guild Wars” among the promises for “some number of versions in the future”? I vaguely remember that being in one particular post about a longish-term roadmap but I’m trying hard to not corner you into agreeing to a specific version or specific time window so as to get the most honest answer.

But uh so as to not give you “forever” as a basis let’s wave our hands and say “Is something coming within 2 years based on plans, which can change due to unforeseen circumstances?”

2 Likes

What’s more frustrating is when someone complains about other people not budging in their view point but in turn refuse to accept there are valid view points other than their own. Everyone gets it. You’ve repeated it over & over & over again. Every time someone has said anything opposite you dismiss it & repeat your “simple & perfect” solution that would “fix everything”. Clearly it doesn’t otherwise it would be implemented.

For example, your “entry fee”, while many guilds would be willing to pay it, there are also many guilds who WANT to play GW (it’s the only way to obtain the 6 special troops after all), whether they’re any good at it or not, but wouldn’t pay the entry or even couldn’t afford the entry, thereby excluding them from an entire weekly game mode. But I guess taking away someone else’s ability to play the game how they see fit doesn’t matter as long as you get what you want?

No other event mode has an entry fee. Every player can play free sigils to get some rewards without having to spend anything, so why should GW?

3 Likes

Flaming… Nothing more

Thanks for proving my point. Have fun getting others to accept yours with that selfish & myopic attitude. The devs have a lot more players to keep happy than just you.

Going into thread-muting mode so you can continue your tirade without me interrupting it. :wave:

2 Likes

If you have provided any point maybe your presence in this thread would have been legit.

I didn’t say no.

That hardly inspires confidence I’m afraid. Nor did you say yes. It’s these evasive, non committal interactions that upset the community. How often have we asked for transparency? Even if said transparency revealed something which wasn’t universally popular, we would respect the fact that you were forthright and forthcoming with the information that matters to your players. Sitting on fences benefits nobody.

2 Likes

Can you name a single pro sport, amateur sport, college sport, e sport, card game league, tiddly winks club, or 70s game show that would pit a team of 4 against a team of 30?

If a guild of 30 merely set up their defense teams and played their games, losing horribly every time, they would still beat the guild of 4 even if they score perfect 9800s.

I don’t think a worse system of matchmaking has ever been devised by any game in the history of ever.

2 Likes

The game as a whole has moved on a lot since GW started, and it hasn’t had an update for most of that time, if ever. The game mode is horrendously out of date.

The prizes are laughable, although to be fair it is the only game mode that doesn’t require gems to buy sigils to complete the event, so I guess that’s fair enough. Extra copies of six exclusive troops on a six month rotation is excruciatingly slow, and is now pretty much irrelevant since Orbs of Ascension became a thing. Also there are a number of new resources that have been added to the game which could be used as GW prizes.

And the promotion/relegation system is also excruciatingly slow now that the event only happens monthly. In particular, there are many guilds that have effectively stopped playing, but are only losing 1 or 2 brackets each month.

Also, my guild are regularly finishing 3rd for promotion (currently bracket 23, PC/mobile), but every month there is at least one guild that is promoted to our bracket that we can’t hope to keep up with.

If nothing else, I think promotion/relegation should be accelerated. Maybe +5 brackets for 1st place, +4 for 2nd, +3 for 3rd, +2 for 4th and +1 for 5th. Obviously 6th-10th would lose a corresponding number of brackets. This change probably wouldn’t be great for the top few brackets, but that can be worked around if necessary.

2 Likes

It’s not my job to make these decisions, it’s my job to pass feedback on. I’ve made this very very clear in the past, but I was tagged here I think at least twice and asked for my thoughts anyway, so I gave them.

I believe you complained I didn’t answer so I answered with what I had.

Please don’t tag me in a thread, complain we ignore you and then complain about my answer when I respond. All I can do is BE TRANSPARENT by giving you ALL the information I have.

Transparency is not being told what you want to hear.
Transparency is being honest and giving you all the information I have, even if it’s something you don’t want to hear and even if I can’t give you an action plan for the future. Which is what I did.

We can’t be both transparent and not, so don’t ask for transparency if you’re going to complain about it afterwards.

I’ve addressed both your complaints:

I answered you so you weren’t ignored.
I gave you all the currently available information.

I’ve also done my job and passed all the feedback on.

So as my posts simply elicit further complaints, I’m no longer engaging in this topic.

8 Likes

You can’t expect to be in a top bracket if you started a new guild last week. If you want to be in a top bracket then you need to join an existing guild. Starting a new guild then yelling and screaming that you are not moving up quick enough is not the fault of anyone but the Man in the mirror.

Total BS. If you were not attentive enough, I’ll repeat: joining an existing guild is stupid, idiotic, moronic idea. Moving through the dead guilds is something that bothers more. Moving even 30 brackets per war (as we do now) is not the solution as you might see from the screens, where the members of bracket above score 10 times less, that discourages most.

Just to be clear for anyone who comes up with “stop whining, keep the pace” or “join another guild”: you seem quite comfortable with ways you suggest, most probably because of the laziness, all I seek here is a competitiveness, not going with the flow.

But I see why nothing is changed and probably will never be - the recent season event showed it - developers simply cannot count the balance of even a single event.

2 Likes

As an off-topic, public service announcement, please heed my advice: If the person in the mirror is looking at you in a manner you find disagreeable,do not punch it. I would also extend this advice to include any and all photographs encased in a glass picture frame. There are tendons, ligaments, and other delicate features in the hand. I recommend head butting the individual instead.

This may seem like common sense stuff, but remember, a three person guild in Bracket 2 has three members for a reason. It may seem like the perfect opportunity to join a “Top Guild”, but chances are, you’ll find yourself worse off afterwards.

If managing 30 personalities was easy, everybody would do it. And remember, eye contact is a form of aggression. Don’t take any grief from that individual staring back at you; make it look away first.

3 Likes

The worst thing is - whenever I create the ticket for their support, they’re sending me here. But whenever it comes to devs to reply here “I’m not in charge of anything, just giving my opinion”

2 Likes

There are no 3 person guilds in B2. If there was a few months ago then that issue has since corrected its self. Most guilds that think they are competitive enough for B1 Wars are sadly mistaken. We have guilds that move up to B1 all the time and get moved right back down. The devs did make it more profitable to win whatever bracket you are in. Most likely that would be more than you would get in B1 if you do sentinels at all. I see the same 3 or 4 guilds win every time and it’s not because of the guilds below not making it to B1. It’s more likely because it’s hard to get 30 top players in a guild to play the right way. Congrats to the guilds that do. :sunglasses:

We got your point already. Move on

1 Like

You TAGGED me, TWICE. Asking for my thoughts.
If you sent a ticket you probably got the answer from me or Salty telling you we’re not responsible for this and to post here but you tagged us anyway?

1 Like