There's No Place Like Tome

Common and an Ultra-rare, ~28k glory to mythic? This is getting expensive.

*shrug*?

I’m not seeing this as a must-have Common, by any stretch of the imagination…

I really wanted to get the staff of madness but now I have dawnbringer it seems a bit pointless. Anyway, it’s available for purchase should anyone want it. It’s good but I’m on the fence now.

This troop is really repellent to look at. Also it works in synergy with Tome; it might be a nice low-level combo- Also they would work with Krypt Keeper.

Complimentsry Colors to Death

Can I just say that this weekly snotstone event is a nightmare?

Not just a PVP event (my personal nightmare), but the whole PVP is full of Psion, Gorgotha, Famine and his three friends, Abynissia and other teams along these lines. Getting snotstones has never been so rough.

Also shows how some races get more love than other. Too many super-powerful Daemons!

2 Likes

I’m using a defensive team with 3x Quasits and 1x Erinyes.
Hopefully it’ll help players in this event. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only two defense wins, Its easy to imagine how annoying those losses must have been. Hope I didn’t destroy any computers.

I’m so happy about everyone who uses such a team right now. The Tome of Evil teams I saw aren’t bad, but the death mark can really mess someone up. Erinyes and her Quasit buddies are really the biggest blessing!

I am always very unlucky with death mark, nearly always my troops dies from it.

i set mine for the event for yas :sunglasses:

event

1 Like

There are some pretty strong daemon counters. With no Mab on those teams, a hard-looping team with hellcat/alchemist up front and then any combination of Gard’s avatar, Worldbreaker, Desdaemona or Moloch (or any other troop you like that uses red or yellow) will take care of them easily.

If playing a hard-looping team aggravates your migraines right now, I can see the frustration though. I did about 30 battles this morning and every event point I scrounged was hard-won.

@stan how long it take from common in glory bundle to be in gold chest?

4 weeks, as a rule. So Tome of Evil should start appearing in gold chests on February 19.

1 Like

Ok ty bro i wasn’t sure about 3 or 4 weeks

1 Like

I thankfully am done now. Khorvash/Valk/Ysabelle/Mab carried me through in the end. Surprisingly I only had like three losses overall, despite being pelted with Psion, Famine, Aby and War above all. It did take me two hours to get PVP tier 1 and all the snotstones, but given how my normal time for tier 1 ranks between an hour and one and a half hours, it was pretty okay time-wise. Very, very difficult battles, though. Needed a lot of concentration.

I rewarded myself, my eyes and my carpal tunnel for enduring the (partially literal) pain by being dumb and buying 24 Tome of Evil packs for the Arcanes to finally trait Myzmer fully. Which leaves only two of the GW troops to be traited, thank goodness. Hate those Arcane-eating dudes. I actually really enjoy all the common troops in the shop lately for the monocolor Arcane boost.

Now, being done with PVP, comes the nicer part of the week: Crafting Infernus, who was kind enough to visit directly after I reached 4000 diamonds yesterday (Pharos-Ra can really learn from him. Like, really.). Though I still need to grind all 42 Arcanes for him. But still. I finally got Infernus! Now to figure out what to do with him, lol.

1 Like

Wow - you are having much better luck with event points than I was. I only had 3 battles out of 30 with 4 event points and most had one or zero. At this rate, it’s going to be hard to finish the event without farming casual PVP or doing more ranked than I like to do in a week.

I’m glad you were able to finish in one session though! Just don’t tell the devs or they’ll make it 500 points next time…

I also bought 18 glory packs to finish off Myzmer this morning. Just 125 arcanes until all my true kingdom troops are fully-traited (and barring a last minute change in the Bright Forest event, 28 of those will be purchased next week)!

1 Like

I came out of ranked PVP with 151/200 stones and finished the rest in casual, actually. Not that the battles were any easier, but at least I could refresh. I am really glad it was just 200 points and not 250 or, my gosh, 500. I hate the 500-point-ones. That’s 125 PVP battles, a nightmare for me.

Lol, okay, you are much closer to success than I am. Like, waaaaay closer…
stones
The Storm and Plains Arcanes are saved for Voice of Orpheus… so yeah, I need a ton of everything still.
But I still dunno why people lack Celestials. I obviously have a ton (and just spent some crafting Infernus) compared to my Arcane collection…

1 Like

When I finished levelling up all my troops and started tracking Arcanes (August 23), I needed 827, but it was only in November that I really started picking up steam. From the first week of November, I’ve gone from 782 needed to 125 (and picked up 3 mythics and one kingdom in that time). It feels really good to finish off a color (which I’ve done 10 times now).

It’s a reflection of how they get their Arcanes. For people like you or me that play tons of explore, we get tons of celestials (more than we need to trait the troops we are using our Arcanes on). For people that play tons of PVP and use the glory to buy arcanes, they get none. A lot of those people also get a fair number of Arcanes in Legendary guild tasks, but they get zero Celestials there. If you want to get ahead on Celestials, you need to explore (or spend gems/money every day in the dungeons).

3 Likes

You finished levelling your troops two days after I discovered this game, lol. I finished leveliing my troops only… I dunno, ten days ago? I forgot. It was well in the new year, though.
But yeah, I try to either get 21 Arcanes a day to save for a mythic or at least trait a legendary fully. That is, until that schedule now gave me real carpal tunnel problems. Otherwise I might have not bought the glory packs but just grinded in Karakoth.
I actually don’t try to finish colors because there’s always the glory shop, random drops or legendary tasks. I feel like spreading out is much nicer and better. I basically don’t go by color but by troop I want to trait since I have so many untraited troops, obviously. Only exception is Arcane Bloods… I feel everyone needing Arcane Bloods will wait for a long time since Mist of Scales is such a horrid place for explore.

That’s actually super-true. I never thought about it like that because in the beginning of the game I just did TH and quests and got Arcanes and Celestials at random, but still far more Celestials than I ever needed (because as a newbie, there’s just not many troops to use them on). And when I started explore, I always had enough. As I always lack glory, I never bought more than I had to in the shop - I only splurged this week because I didn’t buy much last week and had time to collect lots of tribute, I’m at 18k Glory now. Different playstyles really show there. Poor people needing Celestais, I would trade some for Glory. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like