The update is here!

Yes, please, everypony is waiting…

2 Likes

Really?? Am I the only one on ps4 who hopes the update gets lost in the mail.

1 Like

Also, I had the opportunity to check out the update while I was home for lunch. All changes look like a 100% improvement except for tasks. I like everything else from the map update to the new stats screen to bug fixes to the new hero class system.

I must echo the others though that the new tasks are a major step back. I read the replies above arguing for the new system, and I must disagree.

Pros for old system:
Encouragement to keep playing - “I need to fight 10 battles to get this task done, and then another fun/profitable task may appear right after!” - Now, based on what I’ve seen, the new tasks are much harder and far less worthwhile to complete than before. Ultimately, easily completable tasks was what I was using as a guide for how much to play the game. I would continously play the game until all tasks were too hard or the rewards were too minimal, and then I would quit playing. If I used the same system now, I would only play about 2 matches, the tasks would be locked until the next day, and the other ones would have such poor rewards they wouldn’t be worth going through at all. Bottom line, I am encouraged to play the game less with the new system, which cannot have been the intent of the change.

As already stated, the tasks were presumably added to help the economy for console gamers who can’t log in every hour like you can with a phone. Ultimately, the economy is going to stagnate. New players will progress at a snail’s pace compared to how fast I progressed when I started the game. This is going to hugely discourage new gamers in my view. They see their friends incredibly powerful and the friend has to explain that a game update made it so they can’t progress as fast. I can see many people giving up at that point. Also, I’ve seen both posts here and on TrueAchevements slamming the update, and it’s only been a few hours. People looking to these forums to check out if they might want to start the game are going to be discouraged from starting it to see that there was a major nerf.

Pros for new system: Makes people who don’t have much time to play the game be able to advance more evenly with those who play the game for hours per day (this could also be a con).

Can’t think of any more pros.

I think this task update is going to alienate the console fanbase. I’ve already seen one person in my guild say they are likely to quit the game now. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see others follow suit.

I’m not just going to post here without any solutions. I think a more modest step towards what the devs are hoping for is a good solution. For instance, 1) Make the first task be allowed to repeat, but 2, 3 and 4 locked until the next reset. This at least allows for people to go for the top task repeatedly. Long term players would still be hindered by the impossible tasks like level up a kingdom, so they couldn’t advance as fast as new players. 2) I really think there has to be some sort of either increased reward or reduced difficulty in some of the new tasks. Nobody wants to play 20 matches with a sub-par team for a mere 5 gems. Frankly, it’s barely worth fighting 5 matches with such a team for 5 gems in my estimation. I know the PC version doesn’t even have tasks so it’s easy to say “better than nothing” but the problem here is that we have months being used to the old system. Once you provide such a great opportunity to people, they are going to understandably be miffed when you take that opportunity away, even if others never had that opportunity to begin with. Bottom line, it’s much more time efficient to just play 20 matches with your primary teams and reap those rewards than it would be to switch to a whole new team that are probably underleveled and undertraited and have little synergy for 5 or 10 gems. For the amount of time it would take for 20 matches each you probably more than make up for not getting the 10 gems with other rewards (which are way better in in PvP anyway, which you would never undertake with one of the new task requirement teams). The tasks need a re-work to be more viable and worthwhile to actually complete. For instance, If the task were to do 20 matches with 3 beasts on my team, I would expect the reward to be, minimum, 25 gems for it to be worthwhile. Even then I probably wouldn’t work particularly hard towards that. Rewards would need to be even greater for me to actively sit down and play 20 in a row just to complete the task.

Finally, I’m not thrilled that other rewards have seemingly disappeared and it’s only gems now. The variety was nice, and souls are going to be incredibly hard to come by now if the 500 and 1500 soul rewards have been removed for level 10/15 troop tasks.

Anyway hoping you take this as constructive feedback and hope there’s room for a future rework on these.

3 Likes

Yes.

Yes you are.

Can we also have the “power level” thing PC can have? It’d be funny for someone to have 9,001 team power and give their troops a Super Saiyan makeover.

That’s the 2.05 update.

your xbox has to be on the internet and you need to know your xbox ip address.[quote=“irishfury187, post:51, topic:8989”]
I would love to transfer my X box data to my phone.
[/quote]

If you have a windows phone it should work.

Arena is messed up again. Enemy Hero mirrors your own including the weapon you selected. Troops are not traited but their Ascension do count. Troops are level 15 but not exactly using level 15 skills.

Speaking of which [skills], a number of troops are messed up. Their skills do not match what is written on the card. So check your troops to see which ones have been gimped. These gross errors will screw you when you do battle anywhere except Treasure Hunt of course [no troops involved] where there are no issues that I’ve detected yet. No point playing it. Not going to submit a ticket for mere game currency in return with an apology. Just gonna hit you in the pocketbook instead and not bother to tip for your so-call service.

I’m tired of you guys Sparkgrinding this game repeatedly: If its not broke, fix it anyway!

me vs Powerlevel measuring instrument

That’s helpful, but who owns a Windows Phone?

More to the point, I believe @irishfury187 was asking about transferring an account from the Xbox One game to the Mobile game. That’s not currently possible due to differences remaning in those versions of Gems of War.

1 Like

a small detour from the actual thread: my daughter and son-in-law work for XBox. they had windows phones for about 6 months. The apps for that phone were few, spendy, and didn’t work all the time. they turned them in for Androids. People who work for MS don’t own MS phones.

Thanks for taking the time to voice your thoughts–I agree totally with your conclusions, and I think the devs are in for a rude awakening as far as player counts go as a consequence of this update (though I’m guessing they don’t mind that number so long as the actual revenue generated from the game doesn’t similarly crater). Mid/low level players fall further behind those affiliated with the big guilds and will drop out for lack of feeling like they are progressing. The current tasks just don’t have the same allure or level of rewards compared to the grinding needed to complete them.

If they nerf/‘update’ the guild quests similarly in addition to the current changes, it could well be the death knell for the game. :disappointed:

I’m making comparable Glory from doing 40 Maps a day, but way more Traitstones and Gems (100+ a day, each).

My goal is to bust out my 4 Tasks and grind 100 Maps and compare vs. doing PvP (however many matches I can do in the time it took to farm and do 100 Maps).

My early numbers suggest grinding Maps will net more resources.

Yeah, they’ve sufficiently altered the game to move people in that direction if you’re still playing it without going the microtransactions route (whether intentionally or not). The most reliable way of netting glory now is with treasure maps.

Completely unrelated, but my girlfriend (who has been an avid Gems of War fan) just got home and logged on, saw the new task objectives, and turned it off, saying ‘it wasn’t worth it.’ I suspect her reaction will not be an isolated one. I’m doing the same for the immediate future–will log on for my daily bonus but done playing unless/until things are again adjusted in a way that makes the time spent worthwhile.

The thing is that for low-level players, they get a completely different set of non-repeating (tutorial-type) tasks, which can refresh each time they complete one, until the chain of tasks completes. Mr. Strange says that this chain of tasks should take someone from level 1 to 150 or so (I’m sure mileage will vary). So the experience for low-level players is completely different than it is for those of us who were milking the old system for all it was worth and now feel like the rug was pulled out from under us.

Personally, I can see that I was maybe a little spoiled by the old system but I’ve only had an hour or so to play with the new system so I can’t really say how I feel about it. For a new player who’s only experience is the new system, we can’t say how it might feel.

I don’t get why people think lower levels are getting different tasks. I’m getting the same as everyone above 150. I’m level 76.

Yeah I’m gonna have to decide trophies for guild where the guild benefits or do 50-60maps per night where I benefit.

Certainly don’t have time to do both like some.

Now I’d say support the guild. It’s the right thing to do.

Lol, yeah you would :wink:

If you’re playing 40, 50, 60 maps a day you are no longer really playing the game. What’s the point. Different strokes