The Price of a Mythic

I’m not a huge fan of getting a random mythic from using resources. To me, Mythics is like credit. No mythic is better than a bad mythic any day.

The worst is saving up a bunch of resources For months and of all the Mythics you can get you wind up getting something crappy like Shade of Zorn or Gargantaur. I can only imagine the heartbreak if that happened to me.

I’d rather horde my diamonds for months and pick the Mythic I want from the soulforge when the right one hits. I remember the first time I finally got enough diamonds for Infernus and he came up a week or two before. It sucked to miss it but he wound up showing up a little halfway through the next cycle and by that time I almost had enough for two Mythics. It was awesome. I got him and then I forged another one I wanted a few weeks later.

At the moment I’m sitting on enough diamonds to forge any four Mythics I want besides Zuul. I get an extra two if I convert my diamond shards I think. It’s always better to save and pick what you want than taking a crap shoot with RNG.

Those numbers are clearly off. 36% chance of mythic with 100 vip keys?
I think it should be 1-.99^100 = 63.40 %

It’s off, but I simply did a breakdown of each type of chest that would ammount to your 92% chance. My main point is that chests are capped:

So you can’t simply stack all chances as if you could open all chests or spent all those resources at once and have the 92% chance you suggested.

Yes you can.
I did take a small math short cut by breaking things to gem keys, but the error it adds is minor.

Odds of mythic:
100 vip chests = 1- .99^100 = 63.40%
10000 glory keys = 1-.9999^10000 = 63.21%
1000 gem keys = 1.999^1000 = 63.23 %

So if I toss a coin twice I can say it has 100% chance of being heads…
I’m just saying you can make two attempts at 50 Vip Chests unless you actually have 100 Vip Keys sitting in your inventory. So it’s not so easy as you make it sound.

You might…

I’d say 1- .5^2 = 75% chance. Which is the correct answer of getting at least one head in two coin tosses.

Guild mate just used 700 gem keys, 2400 glory keys, and 300 guild keys. Got 4 mythics (Undine, Abynissia, Phoenicia, and Stonehammer). Another guild mate right after him (this is minutes ago) used 400 gem keys and got 3 mythics (Euryali, Obsidius, and Champion of Gaard).

Now I’m really happy for them, they’re my guildmates after all, and if they didn’t have those troops, that’s awesome now, but I used twice as many keys, including over 150 VIP keys, trying to get just ONE mythic and I got nothing.

This is the kind of “RNG” that isn’t fun at all. It’s really fun for the people who get lucky and absolutely miserable for the people who don’t, because they’ve been saving resources for nothing.

1 Like

That’s why I said to just horde diamonds in One of my previous posts

1 Like

Isn’t that what practically every player already does?

2 Likes

Ok I’ve been playing this game a Long time and have the stats for all the mythics I’ve pulled excluding the first couple of apocalypse mythics. Since then, about 48 or 49 mythics later, the average number of keys I’ve spent, relative to the stated percentages, comes in at about 0.92 per mythic.

TLDR, it appears to even out in the end over the long run, and it’s been a very Long run. As you would expect.

So no, based on the data, the RNG is not rigged. It might feel that way over a couple of months, but not in the Long run.

2 Likes