The Mummy Returns

everything is open to discussion, but indeed some race advantages/weaknesses (like fire) would make things more interesting :slight_smile:

Bastite Priestess is a Monster? This just feels wrong… :confused:

She doesn’t look Raksha, and there’s justification for the type in the text above. I agree that it still feels somewhat wrong, but what else would you classify it as?

20? what did i miss? at lv15 he suppose to have 6 magic so 6+6 damage, isnt he?

Wildfolk might work. Or some facelift to make her look less… cute, like extra eyes, tentacles or other monsterish appendages. :scream_cat:

1 Like

BTW the Merchant Blade weapon is in the shop for 300 Glory. Best part is that you get two Arcane Spirit stones. Can be a good way to stock up on Spirits (150 glory each) if you’re so inclined!

I wonder if it was intentional, also one get 2 event keys. Really great payout for the glory there. :slight_smile:

i think its intentional to make up for the fact that u can only get 1 merchant blade but multiple packs, so the value in the pack is calculated without the blade?

5 Likes

The screenshot up top shows him at 20 damage and lvl 15, and (if I recall correctly), the one in the bundle showed up at 12 damage for me. I do have full kingdom magic boni.
But that’s why I said “If he does”…

At 12 damage he’s no real problem, true.

1 Like

does kingdom bonus apply to arena?

No, but it does to a lvl 1 in the bundle apparently.

Well, these two troops look like they were intended to form half of a quick soul farming team, between the necromancy, the nuke, gem convert to charge the nuke again, skull-spam, and the short life expectancy of the Mummified King. Just needs a soul generator, a tank or high-attack troop, and maybe a yellow generator or an exploder to charge it all up. There’s probably a few troops they had in mind. The problem is that the Bastite Priestess fills a slot, but doesn’t provide either souls or necromancy, so between producing fewer souls, and depending on a very specific casting order and board requirements, I don’t see them competing very well. The mechanics are certainly interesting, however.

I almost support this idea, I think Bone Dragon should just have a increased mana cost from 14 to 18, keep it’s boost ratio where it’s at.

1 Like

Funny how they did the mummy theme the week of the trailer release of the New Mummy movie. Lol.

These troops look very meh at best.

The best part of this week’s event, imo.

4 Likes

Mummy should be changed into two cards similar to Werewolf and Villager.

Tomb and Mummy

Tomb be a common card and Mummy should death mark everyone on use…including allies.

What this guy said. I bought like 10 copies of the weapon pack but only 1 each of the troop packs. BTW devs you should totally do these weapon packs for glory more often!

2 Likes

It’s an interesting concept to have a troop with a drawback to itself, but so many can do what he does better without potentially killing themselves. Needs a tune up.

I do like the idea of a self-debuffing troop, but I’d personally not use one that Death Marks itself – too unreliable in the aggregate. The presence of the debuff means the spell can exceed the normal power budget for the troop’s mana cost. Other possibilities for low-cost, moderate damage troops that inflict debuffs on themselves might be:

Silence myself: Similar to TSO, prevents immediate recast
Disease myself: Similar, makes immediate recast more expensive
Web myself: Makes immediate recast ineffective (damage would be much reduced)
Entangle myself: Not sure about this one, seems kind of niche and wouldn’t be detrimental to anything but the lead troop.

How about:
BERSERKER REDUX
Berserk! (8 Blue/Red)
Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an enemy. Gain 4 Attack and 2 Magic, and then Entangle and Disease myself.

5 Likes