The Mummy Returns

It would essentially be the same troop, just less powerful at the end game. When dealing with armor values on average of 40 in late game, he spawns about 21 skulls. At that nerfed amount it would be 18.

Yes, it probably needs to be nerfed even further than that or have a mana cost increase aligned with others at 16, but that change would somewhat fix Bone Dragon without completely nerfing him into the ground.

Yup, the Yellow/Purple will let me trait Couatl and get Dragons Claw to 6* I could use over 40 of them, but I don’t have enough glory for all that!

Well why not just 16 mana cost, and moving ratio to what you suggested (1:5)? No need to increase base skulls from 8 to 10. With 20 armor he gets 12 skulls. There’s about 90% chance to make an extra turn out of that. And 20 armor is low amount of armor compared to what he usually destroys.

2 Likes

Bah - pure arena fodder here…

for one, i agree with everyone who says "mummy needs to have death mark enemy"because then it becomes more than just a suicide troop. for two, priestess is essentially only synergistic with the mummy because of the same thing, the self-death mark. for three, khetar does need a rework on the troops overall, since bone dragon is in need of a nerf or rebalance. finally, how many meta-sets are there that get common use? several, including 2x manticore, bone dragon, deep borer.

1 Like

New troops: cool ideas and plot flavour, odd spells and unlikely to see much use…

Reworked Khetar and fixed the Broken Dragon: oops, missed opportunity… though I don’t agree with @tacet’s suggested fix. I think its mechanism is just incompatible with the game now; tweaking the numbers can’t fix the end game without screwing it for the early game. A more thought rework is needed. Best idea I saw here was steal (scales with magic stat) Armour and then create skulls based on Armour stolen.

1 Like

which makes it like morthani’s will, that steals armor and does true damage. the armor steal also scales with magic, the only difference is instead of doing true damage, it creates skulls. too similar to morthani, not sure if good plan. tacet has a better idea by nerfing the spell. bone dragon is OP with deep borer because brown spawner feeding brown. as it is now, bone dragon gets a hearty :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: for its use as a staple meta team core troop and overpowered ability.

that’s a very big difference

because both steal armour? that’s like saying Goblin and (anything that deals one-target damage) are too similar… hence, disagree…[quote=“Deadpool01, post:27, topic:16187”]
bone dragon is OP
[/quote]

yes

except Tacet’s idea isn’t a nerf, it’s a rebalance that ends up with too many skulls in the early game

deep borer is a bit OP (should destroy the column after adding browns) but we only notice because of the synergy with Mantibore and BD…

Killerman is that you? (The way of quote-responding) xD

I aspire to be @killerman3333 I really do…

EDIT: and back on-topic - looking at the new cards:

• really like the Mummified King artwork, very cool
  • really hate the Bastite artwork, face looks naff and overall is too cartoony

5 Kitties!!! All mine… pretty kitty!
Muahahhahaha

Mummified King has cool artwork.
… but disappointingly weak power.
Maybe if the damage was True Damage instead…

1 Like

I wonder why there’s no mention of the Merchant’s Blade weapon now available for glory.

Also comes with 2 spirit arcanes and costs 300 glory, anyone who’s in need of spirit arcanes, this is quite a bargain

5 Likes

With everyone crying that the king is too weak, no one is considering arena? If he does indeed do 20 in arena, that means one-shotting lots of potential targets, with only a risk of losing yourself.

2 Likes

I appreciate that Mummified King has the Necromancy trait. Might test him with Avina, Bastie Priestess and Giant Spider in Explore.

EDIT: @Kharybdys Barely anyone here plays Arena, so that mode is often overlooked by many.

1 Like

Barely anyone here plays Arena, but last I heard lots of players in our general base did play Arena quite a bit…

@Jainus I didn’t know the actual numbers, so I stand corrected.

Assuming level 15 and no bonuses, that’s 12 damage. The risk of losing yourself is not worth it. There are many troops with a much higher damage potential (especially those with a boost factor), and some of these also have a chance for an extra turn.

2 Likes

Please no. Make it a flat constant number of skulls and something reasonable like every gem generator: flat 8 or 10. For 14 mana, to strip an opponent of all armor (this is quite massive actually in itself already!), gain armor and spawn skulls this is too cheap.

Compared to the dragon, the mummified king has been stuck in his sarcophagus for too long and came out quite poor. I would like some sort of card type immunities/advantages: undead should be immune to deathmark. Would give a bit more depth to races/types.

I would rather consider a immunity to poison…