The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: Third Place Match

This is not true if he casts his spell. Getting multiple skull matches bypasses entangle.[quote=“Bobomb, post:80, topic:7100”]
Any way you look at it, my troops are far more consistent than his.
[/quote]

This is half true. If the gems are in the right position then you are guaranteed this. More likely with 64 gems that 2 will be in an area that you can get a 4 match.

After reading this thread and the heated discussion, I would really like to see a live player vs player mode and get one side destroyed like they claim they can. An epic best of 5!

5 Likes

How do you figure? BD would have 0 attack from the entangle. It might do a point or 2 from sets of more than 3, but that’s not much. Especially against a Hydra with Huge that does 3 damage to each of the opponent’s troops when hit with skulls.

Countdown to vote is at 200 minutes!

You answered your own question. For every skul past the initial 3, it adds 1 attack to the minion.

Yes, but the whole board doesn’t count as 1 big attack. It counts individual chains, so there isn’t much extra damage. Plus, my troops don’t have much armor, so the number of skulls generated isn’t like in the old Sheggra days.

You have a very good piont,even if your troops have no armour bone dragon still makes 8 skulls though.

Sure, but 8 skulls on a board with 64 gems means few large skull sets. Any sets of 3 get cancelled out by entangle, sets of 4 do 1 damage.

Also, initially there Amy not be many good opportunities to create sets of 5+ gems, but once both the Green Seer and Giant Spider have been used once, the board is a lot more homogenised so further loops create a lot more sets of 5+.

You have another fair point. My question is how many times can you loop seer and spider before you run out of green and purple normally?

I don’t have to keep using Seer and Spider every move. You get a board that has lots of sets of 4/5. These charge Boar Rider. Then you hit with it, keeping other sets on the board to charge it again. When you’re close to being out of sets of 4/5, you use Giant Spider/Green Seer to homogenise the board again. If used properly, it’s luck-proof. And lasts longer than the enemy team’s life.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to get Wild Plains and Troops like Giant Spider on Console.

Also Mercy and Green Slime. Hydra’s going to be fun.

His claim is always “I can loop them forever!” Entangle hits one random target, it wears off, and Behemoth is immune. It’s not that effective.

What happens in a tie? We each get 2 Arcanes? That seems fair.

1 Like

When they remade Spider, getting it to change gems into Purple instead of creating some on the board, it made a huge difference. Suddenly combo decks became possible with other colors than Valk/Alchemist - I find Green Slime a bit too uncertain, as it destroys it’s own ressource.

I agree with @Bobomb on this. I have lost control after securing it with this setup exactly once over what must be 100 matches now. The only time I have lost with it is when something can Zerg rush me before I can get set up. Granted, I have mythic troops, but all the other looping teams I’ve got eventually cede a turn; not this one.

I’m OK with that too. But I think the Commish gets the deciding vote in those cases.

Entangle hits one random target each time Green Seer casts her spell. In a loop, that’s a LOT of times. Behemoth is immune, but when it dies, everything else is and stays entangled from the many castings.

I wait until the poll is about to close, if it’s tied then I cast my vote (that I made previously as to be unbiased).

I kinda love that we’re tied going into the final couple of hours. So intense!

2 Likes

Few minutes remain. it is almost high noon. will the bombs be successful or will studs show how much of a stud he is.

1 Like