T.M.N.D.T - PC/Mobile Event

We now need electric status to attack this underwater troop :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not
In
Synch
Yet
:frowning:

Wonder if thereā€™s going to be any more shark people when Merlantis hits? I want a full team of sharkmen!

1 Like

Remember folks, a common in the glory pack pool means that it wonā€™t immediately be immediately in chests. Donā€™t bother opening your gold keys until another month after this event.

Clarification on submerged. Damage is specified, so I assume status effects will apply normally? What about traits like tentacles? What about Aspect of Plague, which is only ā€œdamageā€ 25% of the time? If an action is either a skull or a spell, then basically these troops that arenā€™t in the first slot are just immune to group damage once they cast once, unless dispelled, because theyā€™ll submerge again once they cast a spell, because the submerge is tied to the spell. I wish we could get some counter mechanics in here that donā€™t deal in absolutes like this.

2 Likes

The effect only applies to Group AoE damage effect. Eg troops like Garuda and Behemoth that ā€œdeal x damage to all enemiesā€.

1 Like
2 Likes

Teehee.

Are we going to see any existing troops modified to have this effect? Thatā€™d be niceā€¦

I know Oz answered you butā€¦

We all know itā€™s going to be buggy, so while a dev can tell you how itā€™s supposed to workā€¦
The rest is a mystery lol

So ā€œall damage effects targeting the whole team.ā€ = damage to all + split damage?
If the Submerged troop has a barrier, does the Barrier pops up?

I think Submerge should be dispelled when the troop is taking damageā€¦

Looking forward for a Legendary/Mythic with a ā€œSubmerge a random ally on 4+matchesā€ :slight_smile: .

1 Like

What of AOE that affect part of the group, like Ketras or Drake Rider? They hit 3 .

Orā€¦ if you only have 2 troop left, does it means an effect like Khorvash would not hit a submerge troop? (Since now your ā€œentire teamā€ is just 2ā€¦)

My guess is that any spell that hits ā€œall enemiesā€ will miss, while any spell that targets specific slots will connect. Letā€™s find out in a few hours if I am right!

This is correct. It only applies to effects that target the whole team.

The effect is based on the spellā€™s targeting, rather than the current state of the target team.

Shouldnā€™t it be T.M.D.T (Teenage Mutant Dragon Turtle) instead of TMNDT?
Unless youā€™re saying this turtle is secretly a ninja too?

Well itā€™s constantly hiding (under water) and popping out to attack something before going back into hiding (in the water)ā€¦ Iā€™d say thatā€™s pretty ninja-like :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It depend, does it use a tuba?

Thatsā€¦ rather ambiguous still. Aspect of Plague does hit the entire team, and when it does, it always hits the same stat on each enemy. If you used Plague and rolled life with his trait, its functionally the same as a 3 true damage AoE. If you rolled armor, or any other stat, its not ā€œdamageā€, because ā€œreduce armorā€ is not considered damage for things like barrier. Damaging armor, is still damage for things like barrier - Tentacles is functionally the same as a 3 damage AoE. So are traits included?

What about Plagueā€™s spell? It targets all enemies, but only does ā€œdamageā€ randomly since the stat that it reduces is rolled separately for each enemy. Would this damage be nullified if and when it rolls damage, since it targets all and can deal damage? For that matter, what about something like Famineā€™s spell? It targets all enemies (mana drains all enemies), but only does damage to one enemy. Are the ā€œtargets allā€ and ā€œdeals damageā€ conditions read separately?

It helps to have them on record with how things are supposed to work, though. Harder for people to make the argument for keeping clearly broken stuff around. Whether or not it is ā€œworth fixingā€ or if the game works better with it being ā€œbrokenā€ are different matters.

1 Like

Traits are not included.

No. It only applies to spells that target and damage the whole team. Eg troops like Garuda and Behemoth that ā€œdeal x damage to all enemiesā€.

Iā€™ll edit my post further up for clarity.

1 Like

They probably should be.

Nice new troops, mind. I wish half the epics and legendaries in the game were as strong as this new commonā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d have to agree. Although it probably wouldnā€™t make sense for things ā€œsubmergedā€ to not take damage from ā€œTentaclesā€, this is probably one of the best ways in the game to deal AoE damage right now. On the other hand, the mechanic looks more annoying that useful, since very few are going to stick around after half their team dies to AoE damage but on defense you still have to finish out the fight. Plus, it wonā€™t even work as a wisp counter because they dispel.

And even without dispel, it presumably doesnā€™t protect from status effects or the charm effect: so a submerged troop can be charmed, and can also be damaged if an adjacent troop is charmedā€¦