(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

Anyone excited for the worst mythic in Gems of War so far on Friday?

It was buffed yesterday, but it went from bottom of the garbage bin territory to center of the garbage bin territory.

Spell Description: Deal (half)-[(Magic x 3) + 3] damage to the first Enemy. If they die, explode 8 Gems.
Spell Cost: 24

To:
Spell Description: Deal (half)-[(Magic x 4) + 3] damage to the first Enemy. If they die, explode 8 Gems.
Spell Cost: 20

Its almost useable, but not really. If they made it targetable and explode 8 gems on cast instead of on death, then it’d be… something. Average?

Maybe someone sees something exciting about this troop that I don’t? I’m not even excited Magic x 4 since it also has half-magic as a result too.

2 Likes

So…it’s just simply magic x2 then? Am I reading it right?

2 Likes

If I understand it correctly it hits between 2x magic and 4x magic. The “(half)” part means half of max damage.

2 Likes

And it still Mana blocks Gaard’s Avatar. If they changed Ahries’ mana designation Brown and two other colors that aren’t Red and Yellow, then at least it would be a good support troop for Gaard.

If by support you mean using it for the third trait you can just stick it in the back, the trait will still trigger. I wouldn’t really bother though, Shield of Urskaya provides much better support.

Magic Low: half of high Average High: (Magic x 4)+3
25 51 77 103
50 101 152 203
75 151 227 303
100 201 302 403

Troop uses red, yellow, and brown. Note that Megavore uses red, blue, brown, and deals (Magic x 2)+7 damage to any single troop AFTER removing all armor from ALL enemies.

Magic True damage
25 57
50 107
75 157
100 207

So Megavore deals less damage, but it’s all true damage (whereas Ahries has to go through Armor and only ever hits the first target). Ahries does have 50% skull damage reduction AND deals double skull damage to stunned enemies. That’s pretty huge. However, Megavore is Impervious… and Ahries is not.

Megavore is one of the better/best (base) mythics out there. It probably isn’t fair or reasonable to hope that Aries will measure up to him. On the other hand, one should hope that Aries isn’t entirely useless, but he seems to be headed that way even with the bump to his damage and the cut to his mana cost.

On the other hand, the third trait on King Oberron is precisely what I figured it would be in light of his spell being mildly lacking. He’ll synergize with an all-Fey team well enough and I’ll probably even try him with mine – though the Fey team I use is heavy on Green and therefore won’t think much of the Firestorm – but I question how well he’ll work outside that.

Not that there isn’t a place for a healer/support type. But I suspect that a troop like Divinia still comes out ahead in the pecking order.

Screenshot_20220303-113520
Looks like we are having Umbral Nexus weekend :frowning:

Depending on what the devs do, we might need chaos shards again. Could be worse, I guess.

We’ve been asking for weekend delves to return for ages - don’t complain just because you’re one of the lucky few who has them all done! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I have no problem with this, as i can now feel free to completely ignore it.
Or, I wonder how many full clear tiers will get me all rewards? Hmmmm. Remembering you get 9 free…

1 Like

Oh, I’m not concerned about Weekend Delves returning because other people need it done and I don’t. Quite the opposite, its a good thing and its a weekend I can take easy once I get all of the stages done with my already leveled hoard.

This is the concern:

and that could mean anything. I’m holding shards back.

They’re going to increase the max level for every delve. Probably to 600.

Just my guess, all speculation at this point.

I don’t think you’d want that.

For a lot of people, that would be redoing yet another weekday/weekend faction with gems, only this time to 600, just to try pure faction again at 600 stats.

Doesn’t seem ideal.

I did beat up to 600 during Crypt Keepers first weekend, so it technically was a thing at one point. shrug

2 Likes

Adding new troops to Factions will hopefully be beneficial to all that still need to make progress in them :smile:

However, Increasing the max level of renown would be hugely unpopular for those that have already thought they have already reached “completion.”

If it actually happened, it would be one of the worst changes ever made in GoW.

14 Likes

Let’s see if the idea of adding new troops to a faction ever gets off that drawing board; a lot of things never do, and a lot of things on that drawing board seem to be “trial balloons”. You can see some interesting things way down the list if you look, such as suggestions for future traits… some of which actually happened. For example: the 3rd trait on the Elementalist class appeared in that “hypothetical” section long before the new kingdom did and went largely without comment in these spaces.

And if they do add troops to a delve? I have two hopes. First, that you’re looking at narrowly crafted spells of limited ability that synergize with what the troops for that faction already do and cover some of the blind spots in that team. Second, I’d prefer Common-rarity troops because I feel there simply aren’t enough of those in the game; outside of the Nexus release, we haven’t seen a new Common-base rarity troop in a very long time.

But I have a bad feeling that this won’t be the case, that it’ll be a higher base-rarity troop and the spell just might be some sort of “I win” button as a way for the developers to try and quiet the complaining masses.

1 Like

Friday is now here and to the surprise of no one, Ahries is awful.

3 words

Just use Pan.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s the worst mythic, it has some potential synergies with Megavore, Gaard or Obsidious.
I mean looking at Gargantuar and Kalika.

I put this one along with Wulfgarok and Ubastet into the prep-work mythic tier. It can’t really sustain itself, but needs some help from other troops. :wink:

My predictions:

For all rewards(16) (500k points):
LVL230, 22 Sigils-9(3 days) - 10 (5 Valravens)=3 Sigils (Tier III=210 gems)

Without shop items: 9 sigils(3 day) + 8 (4 valravens)=17 sigils / LVL180 / 300k+ points / Reward 13

*If you get lucky and get 1 more valraven you will be needing Tier II. Or reward 14 without buying.

1 Like

The thing is though, there’s no new weapon or even title or emoji. I don’t know why anyone would want to unlock all rewards. 2 chaos orbs? Meh.

1 Like