(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

Kalika vs Ahries:

Kalika might be boring, but she’s consistently hitting 4 times at magic + 4 compared to Ahries magic x2 - magic x4 range to the first enemy troop. Kalika does more damage output and less likely to waste damage output compared to Ahries.

Neither troop has particularly amazing traits, but Kalika is more offensive focused with that potential elemental star generation, while Ahries is more defensive, but can lose it all to stun. Kalika doesn’t lose as much if stunned.

I’d take Kalika.

Gargantuar vs Ahries

Ahries has a higher damage output, but in the age of Elementalist stunning and freezing everything, Ahries can be a huge hinderance being frozen on the color of brown on top of being stunned and losing any support with its 3rd trait.

Gargantaur has Impervious, so the enemy AI defense would have to go an extra step to be a nuisance. Gargantaur’s gimmick is kind of silly, but its also brown so you can use a life gain team like Sycorax or Emperinazara to stack life so you have enough time to work its gimmick (unless its an instakill troop, in which case good luck). Not a fast win, but it exists. Emperinazara can make Ahries viable too, but at that point just use Pan lol. (Pan over Gargantaur too)

I’d take Gargantaur over Ahries just because of Impervious, honestly.

4 Likes

As much as I gave credit for Piscea - the contrary exists for Ahries.

A proper buff would be Impervious or Thick Head at least, in this age of virtually every team having freeze/stun/entangle on 4/5 gem matches.

A second race would be something. Construct only? Khaziel? What about Fortitude at the absolute worst…

Useless as a front slot, despite stoneskin as permanently stunned etc. 3rd trait wasted.

Risk to casting because of range. Creates contradiction with medals, do you go Seasons or Nysha. Seasons, it has less attack than standard, Nysha, still range of damage issue.

Explosions, 8 gems? Why not 12?

Who does it synergise with?

Nobody…

Please when you create Mythics, consider giving far more of them Impervious or something that helps being crippled all game - 3 colour troops are a liability to use in the current guise of the game.

Yeah, I went tier 3, and it seems to be holding true. Umbral Nexus (like 75% of delves) consistently falls below the x4 multiplier at the end which is usually an indicator that you will need extra sigils at the end on tuesday delves.
Will update on Sunday after all sigils done to see if had to buy past Tier 3.

Jason from The Golden Keep Inn

1 Like

I use Kalika in my Phoenicia team, because it’s a 4th Elemental (for the extra 6 Magic) and of the elementals (that aren’t Phoenicia or Magma Dragon), it has the best trait – 50% chance to make an Elemental Star at beginning of turn.

I could use Maraji Queen for 50% mana start I suppose. But getting mana isn’t that hard when you start with Lavastorm and have a good chance of an elemental star (makes for really easy matches and you get all the mana from destroying gems).

3 Likes
# Item name Old New
1 [EARTH_DREAMER_REFUND_MESSAGE] Hello Adventurer, During the Wild Plains Raid Boss event last week, the wrong troop was put into the Event Shop. This Troop was not intended to be released in that event, and its release date has been corrected. We have refunded you for any progress you had made for this Earth Dreamer, and sent you Earthcaller instead. Please note that you will need to ascend and trait Earth Dreamer once she officially releases.
2 [EARTH_DREAMER_REFUND_TITLE] Earth Dreamer Troop Refund

Gems of War on Nintendo Switch must be interesting right now.

@TheIdleOne Eh, not so much, just that week. Raid for Wild Plains & shop troop of Forest of Thorns (and not a godslayer) during Ghulvania week. You know us, we have to keep things interesting being 9 months behind in content!

1 Like

Journey for Broken Spire possibly coming up? There’s a new tarot card (Ace of Wands), several new troops (Fire Beetle, Fire Cyclops, Fire Rhynax) and several new weapons (Broken Spire Weapon, Magic Orb, Magic Staff). This sort of fits the reward template of the previous Journey.

I think you mean the Kingdom Pass potentially, and not the Journey event as that only had a new weapon and troop with the Pathfinder trait. But that would only make sense contextually for a brand new kingdom.

However, you’re right that something definitely seems to be cooking with Broken Spire from the spoilers, but it’s hard to tell what. Maybe now that they’ve gotten caught up on new delves/factions until brand new kingdoms are released, they’ll be doing some sort of new unreleased content that would explain this. Possibly these are the new faction troops that were hinted at during the most recent livestream? But if so, then you’d think they would have the Fire Rift association and not just Broken Spire. This is intriguing…

Taransworld spoilers don’t show any events after the next campaign starts save for Guild Wars and an Arena weekend. No world events. No daily events.

Maybe something big planned?

Taransworld also doesn’t have any troop spoilers beyond Tower of Doom week. The usual inference I take from this is that the major update is likely to happen sometime around Tower of Doom week, either that week or the week before. And once that update drops, information for the next 10 weeks or so will populate the spoiler websites.

It has worked this way many times in the past, whether or not the major update includes new features or special gem types or what-have-you.

3 Likes

Well we know 6.2 is coming at some point from the Amazon stuff up, and that it contains some kind of new event(s)

For reference: Amazon releasing 6.2 patch notes early

There’s a “new quest type”, which I assume is just more quests in the kingdom, not really an event. And “Adventurer’s Path” is probably just like a static, ever present campaign, with “Hero Pass” unlocking the paid track of rewards for it.

I don’t expect anything useful out of this one for most players, other than a chance for Explore to give some extra rewards. A bug fix or two would be nice too.

1 Like

Oh my, Gemini :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Some inspiration from “The Shining” film I think?

Doppelganger’s spell image already ‘borrowed’ from this too.

3 Likes

Forever, and ever…

Anyone have a full art for the new hoard background? Can’t find it on Taran’s world, just like previous Gnome Bar one.

Also, really curious how Ace of Wand will be released, now that it’s already have its art. Could be release before Adana Campaign is over, as new update will come to add another Major Arcana by then.

PNG link: https://i.imgur.com/z11U4oh.png

5 Likes

Thanks a lot! :hugs:

I thought there will be no new background until new Faction/Kingdom, so I was really surprised for this one. Looks so good too!

Now I’m exited to see the new Artifact, and how it change during 10 weeks. I’m sure it’s in a file somewhere, but I don’t mind waiting to see everything on that Monday. Curious what the new Heroic Gems will be too, and how the other 2 will be released. Tied to the Mythic again?

For now, I will just enjoy the cute pet. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

From the new language file, new heroic gems:

298 [TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3351] This Gem will inflict Web on a random Enemy, reducing their Magic to zero until they recover.
299 [TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3352] This Gem will inflict Entangle on a random Enemy, reducing their Attack to zero until they recover.
300 [TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3353] This Gem will give a Barrier to a random Ally, protecting it from the next instance of damage it receives.
301 [TUTORIAL_DESCRIPTION_3354] This Gem will explode all Gems around it when destroyed.

There’s also been mentions of other heroic gems in the past that we haven’t seen yet.

1 Like