(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 2)

I agree. Although I don’t think Magic Orb/Staff are Broken Spire weapons, likely just placeholder, including the name.

This two though…

I thought Ace of Wand doesn’t have a kingdom yet, but it’s on K00, so it can’t be anywhere else now.

It’s either a modified Journey, or brand new event with no data at all right now how it will be.

Meanwhile…
This 2 troops is also another mystery.

Due to the background, it can’t just belong only to their main kingdom now. So, all Factions will have 5 troops eventually? Will they just released directly to the Chaos Shard, or buying with gems in the event is also possible? How will that effect pure run? Will the level cap be increased for more renown?

4 Likes

Looks like the campaign specific heroic gem is Bomb Gems, as they’re mentioned in both the Adana Mythic’s spell, and an Adana weapon.

I’d wager it’s the last gem that Mitamata mentioned above, that explodes all gems around it. So like an Ultra Doomskull but without the skull hit damage.

Agh. I get frustrated at looking at the design of mythics nowadays.

The Sparkinator is almost a good design.

But something has to give here. It steals armor and it gains armor from a 3rd trait from red gems. That 3rd trait would be fine and all if the mythic had any sort of boost from its armor! In the world of many instakill troops and true damage troops, why would I want that much armor?" Then explode a random Gem boosted by my Armor would be very nice on this troop.

Or… don’t give it a boost and make the 3rd trait something more useful. How about Explode 2 Gems at the start of my turn, to set off the Bomb Gems?

Something? I really don’t want to pay another $10 for another Tihamata-level mythic.

If Sparkinator had something better than “Armored”, it might make him a more viable tank. But 25% blockage of skull damage just isn’t enough, especially if one is dealing with Enraged enemies or the handful of troops that can ignore Armor altogether or the myriad of ways in which one can stun him.

Boost it to 50%, so all that extra armor really helps with tanking and blocking skull damage. Or change his middle trait (the spell damage reduction) to Razor Armor or something similar so the Armor can help in other ways.

And even then, Sparkinator will likely be considered the “third best” mythic in Adana. At least until a fourth mythic releases in that kingdom.

One more question: will those new troops be mythic or common?

Right now, each faction has one of each rarity from rare to legendary.

- old new
[SPELL8765_NAME] Pan’s Vale RB Daisy’s Cudgel
[SPELL8766_NAME] Sword’s Edge RB Flail of Gaard
[SPELL8767_NAME] Ghulvania Journey Bloodkeeper

The associated troop or weapon (probably weapon, the two above are raid boss weapons probably) is not in spoilers yet. Could it be we will have a journey event in Ghulvania? :thinking:

2 Likes

Pure conjecture on my part, but I can very easily see faction teams expanding out to have a mythic associated with them. I could also see that being made a requirement for higher tiers of Kingdom Star levels that you need to collect the mythic from each faction to advance.

Not only does it kind of line up with other things they’ve done in-game tying mythic collection to advancement, it also theoretically helps with nerfing the difficulty of some of these impossibly hard or RNG-based Pure Faction 500 battles. This way they don’t have to make any systemic changes like adding Hero w/ Faction weapon (as much as I’d love to see it happen) count as Pure Faction, while still giving a beefier troop to help. The real test would be if these potential mythic troops actually round out the deficiencies of the other faction troops to complement them and make beating PF 500 much more reasonable, or they are kind of thoughtlessly thrown in without thinking about balance or strategy.

1 Like

I mean, I’d love mythic troops in factions, but lore-wise/thematically, it’ll be a pain to design. Generally speaking, something like 90% of the underworld factions have the Legendary troop as the King, Queen, boss, ruler, or general “biggest baddest monster ever” of the zone, and it would be weird to have a king be legendary with a Mythic knight protecting them. Or would they make “super” versions of the legendary troops? Like an Enraged Blackheart, with an altered spell and brand new traits…

4 Likes

This seems like the likely candidate for Ghulvania Journey Guide troop. Those are all Epic rarity and would have the Pathfinder trait as their 3rd trait (unless that is also getting reworked somehow).

Ooh, or the common troops being added could have a multiplier on their skill, like x3 damage per allied faction troop

True, I hadn’t taken into account the established lore. Like I said, no clue I just don’t see how adding lower-level troops would appreciably change things up unless they were specifically crafted to supplement the failure points of PF teams.

It’s always possible @Dr_Killbrew that they could retrofit some multiplier to do the job. That’s another way to tackle the difficulty curve.

1 Like

Part of why I wouldn’t want to see a Pure Faction “mythic” troop is that we’re seeing an increasing number of mythics that are just “meh”. And that’s what I fear a bunch of new faction “mythics” would be, either very lackluster – especially outside the limited universe of a Pure Faction run – or they’d be abusively powerful like King Gobtruffle and Queen Beetrix seem to be at times.

I also want to see more Common base rarity troops because they simply don’t get introduced into the game very much anymore. We got two new Commons from the recent update and one when Nexus released roughly a campaign-and-a-half ago, but those are the first new Common troops we’ve seen in a very long time.

I also believe it would be easier to tailor a Common troop with a limited spell that addresses a blind spot in current faction builds. And @Dr_Killbrew 's idea about putting a multiplier on a common troop to make it significantly more effective in the limited universe of a faction run seems (to me) to be a more elegant and tailored solution; it would have a much more noticeable effect inside the faction run without (hopefully) being a balance issue outside it.

2 Likes

In the world of Zuul, books, and Elementalist, I completely forgot about using (most) Mythics as a front slot.

Can it be stunned? yes
Then I stop caring

1 Like

Cross between the Shining and Nelly from Little House.

The next monthly mythic looks like it could be pretty good just looking at the spell. The caveat is that we haven’t seen the traits or mana cost yet, but a Ketras-esque troop that does AOE damage boosted by Life, Armor, Attack sounds enticing.

Also doubling down on the bold prediction that Ghulvania will be the next kingdom with a Journey event and that the Deathclaw troop has the hallmarks of being the Pathfinder troop for that event. Flaming Skeleton for glory troop and Gemini for the monthly mythic all make sense.

Next weekend long faction event:
From Friday, Apr 15, to 2022 Sunday, Apr 17, 2022 - The Black Heart

Based on the first two Zodiac mythics, I would assume that the third trait would boost all troops of a certain color when matching that color gems. I’m thinking “red” and “attack” would make sense here, and “purple” with “life” for Gemini.

The boost ratio is going to be an important thing with Tauraeus. Part of what makes Ketras so amazing – and many of the lesser Tauros troops so “meh” – is the boost ratio. Ketras has a very beneficial ratio at 2:1. Some of the other Tauros go as far down as 20:1 on their boost.

I suppose the question of balance becomes how high you kick Tauraeus’ boost ratio. Ignore the “knock the first enemy to the back” thing because that’s pretty useless in judging how good a mythic it will be. But “damage all” as opposed to “splash damage” has a greater damage potential with the possible drawback that Submerged status can neutralize “damage all”.

2:1 might be too high, but 3:1? 4:1? That seems more reasonable to me.

Of course it is. Because I just finished The Black Heart (pure faction / potion-less) last Friday! Stupid freaking RNG festival of aggravation…

2 Likes

A better Rowanne, potentially? Not getting my hopes too high :grimacing:

You never know, might be. I think @Kezef is right about seeing what unfolds with the damage boost ratio before making an accurate assessment. That mixed with the mana cost will have a big impact on viability. There are two different options to do 50% mana start for Tauros troops, so it could theoretically get up and running quickly with Leprechaun or some other empowered converter. It would probably have to be a frontline troop then to take best advantage.

We could always have useless pipedreams for an awesome third trait that steals x Life, Armor, and Attack from a random enemy on 4+ matches or something to bulk up damage stats.

By the way, are there any troops that have a trait that keeps them from being jumbled/moved in team order? I can’t think of any off the top of my head. You’d think that would have been developed as some sort of tactical counter for troops that knock back.

2 Likes