(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Well; you basically have three choices: Campaign Pass, Elite Pass, or Hard Pass.

31 Likes

Okay, that’s pretty clever.

6 Likes

We already have gems, crystals and diamonds.
With this we will have Artifacts and Artifacts as well. Thanks for making that clear.
The whole campaign concept sounds interesting, in that it could be very good, very bad or just more of the same.
When I read skipping tasks for a fee I’m filled with dread regarding the costs.

That actually feels okay for me. Not enough time or too underpowered to complete a task? Skip for a fee and still receive the rewards.

It’s rather this part from the game files that has me very worried:

You can also upgrade your Campaign Pass to the Elite Pass, which will unlock a new tier of rewards to collect along with the Free Pass.

There’s a Campaign Pass, also called Free Pass, that allows collecting rewards, likely somewhat on par with rewards from free sigils in current events. And there’s an Elite Pass that unlocks a new tier of rewards. I’m reading that not just as extra rewards, it’s reward types you won’t ever get from the Free Pass. If that Elite Pass upgrade locks out F2P players from collectibles (like troops and weapons) I predict at least half of the current top 50 guilds to no longer be around three months after the update goes live.

6 Likes

…I won’t be playing anymore, the moment I can no longer keep up.

And no—I don’t have a “full” collection of everything mythic-d, leveled, or even acquired. My kingdom stars are in the mid-range for endgame, I’d bet, my being mythic-blocked in a half-dozen places and pet-or-otherwise-blocked in a half-dozen more. So missing out could be okay, as long as it’s not in a significant way.

7 Likes

Currently there’s only one item in the game that’s only attainable with real money right now that makes a difference game play wise. (Disregard the messy/bugged pet system.)

In hopes of squelching some of the end of the world end of the game talk that will run rampant now until release of 5.0

Be advised that the best way to get most of the resources in the game is by just playing the game a lot and being in a guild that plays a lot as well. I don’t have secret club beta access so I only know what is posted here. But if people have an option to spend a lot instead of play a lot… Then that can be only be good for the game. The game needs money. More money than it’s currently taking in considering this is the second monetization patch in a row.

If I choose the hard pass. Then ultimately I expect it’ll hold me back progression wise as much as DK Armor does. Which is exactly very little at all.

I’m just currently level 1500 something instead of 1600 something. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Being temporarily blocked also feels okay to me, you’ll eventually get around that block as you progress further. Being permanently blocked by a pay wall would likely kill this game.

Theorizing a bit on the data files, I wouldn’t be surprised if the upcoming Kurandara mythic can only be obtained as unique season reward of the Elite Pass, the Free Pass probably hands out Shade of Kurandara. Buying an Elite Pass for something like 1000 gems every three months would work out for me, buying an Elite Pass for $50 every three months would find me looking for other games.

7 Likes

Zuul’Goth was/is exactly that. The drop in players has/had nothing to do with him.

Zuul is a temporary blocker, you eventually get him, the more active you are the sooner. A new mythic every three months you can only purchase for cash would be a permanent blocker and not go down well, especially if higher kingdom power levels would require you to own exactly that mythic.

2 Likes

5%-10% (Tops) of the game has ZG and once upon a time he was a kingdom blocker.
5%-10% of the game will get the new passes.

Those who spent money on the game get ZG a tremendous amount faster than those that are free to play.

I’m probably the only one in my guild with ZG (took me 11 months to craft). Might be the only one with DB. And Xanthenos (not a significant troop, but still).

I have 1 troop gold elite, 7 kingdoms mythic blocked. Maybe I’d get crushed in b1 GW. Or maybe, if I knew how to use Mixer, and could convince my guild to let me fight all their battles, we’d pull off an upset or two despite only completing Basic Blue tasks weekly.

I don’t know all my mates’ kingdom power levels, but if they can win the Paragon, then I’d say they can be competitive despite having fewer cards.

While that’s definitely true I’m not sure I understand your point. Do you disagree that Zuul can be obtained without paying cash? We were discussing that the new season mythics might be the first troops available for cash only, never for F2P.

I’d suggest not jumping to conclusions. No other troops requires cash to obtain; it’s unlikley this mold will ever be broken. Devs have previously stated that all content should be obtainable without paying for it.

3 Likes

from a few days ago:

9 [SOULFORGE_FORGE_CONFIRMATION_SPECIFIC_TROOP] This recipe will consume any troops used as ingredients in the recipe!
10 Are you sure you want to craft x%1 %2? This recipie will consume a troop!

so… I’m assuming the free track gives you x amount of disposable troops, and the elite pass will give you access to more of the troop. (as currency)

2 Likes

Similar to how dungeons work. I was the first player to craft Xathenos in the game but it’s because I basically paid for him.

No. It just takes tremendously longer without cash.
The passes won’t block progression. They will surely only slow it down for those who don’t want to pay for them.
If it comes out and there’s a resource that is only attainable by cash. Then it won’t block anything. It’ll only boost players similar to DK Armor or RoW. Which a large of the community has no issue with.

So though I do expect the devs to Frank something up with 5.0

It won’t be the season pass structure that causes folks to quit the game.

1 Like

Might be 4, there’s also mention of Elite+ Pass:

[ELITE_PASS_HELP] Unlock the Elite Pass and earn extra Rewards during this Campaign.
[ELITE_PASS_PLUS_HELP] Unlock the Elite+ Pass for this Campaign, and earn 20 bonus Stars every week (including 20 Stars for all weeks that have passed).

Not sure if that means the extra stars are a bonus for having the Elite Pass or if it’s an upgrade to the pass.

Difficult to know:

• if the extra tier rewards of the Elite Pass will contain troops/currency that you don’t get in the previous tiers.
  • which currency will be used for Elite Pass and Elite Pass+. My guess is gems for Elite and dollars for Elite+.

Still the most likely.

I would gladly pay for a campaign pass if they provide meaningful rewards for a sensible price. I enjoy the game, but I don’t buy anything anymore because everything in the shop except DK armor is a plain rip-off. Currently the only thing left I would ever buy is a flash offer with Rope&Dart, beyond that I really feel insulted by all other offers they are showing me in daily or perma shop. Let’s hope it won’t be another 2k gems for 100k gold or similar.

2 Likes

Not sure how you could be the first. It was probably someone on Xbox since at the time we could buy unlimited daily gem deals.