(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

The event actually features the Eternal Elemaugrim from Dungeon battles, so he’s got the useless 3rd trait and counts as a Boss for the new troops damage bonus

The 3 Kurandoras have been released into spoilers.

1. Shade of Kurandara

Arcane: Lava
Base Rarity: Epic
Troop Type: Undead, Daemon
Troop Role: Assassin

Ghostly Oblivion
Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an Enemy, boosted by Doomskulls. Conjure a Doomstorm. [4x]

Trait #1: Regeneration
Recover 1 Life at the start of each turn.

Trait #2: Song of Doom
Summon a Doomstorm at the start of Battle.

Trait #3: Undying
Immune to Poison, Disease, and Death Mark.

So Shade of Zorn is a mythic,but Shade of Kurandora is only Epic. hmm…

This one is filler jank. The traits don’t do anything special, and the spell just does damage and gives the AI a chance to act first. Better get your Doomstorm somewhere else.

2.Kurandara

Arcane: Beast & Dark
Base Rarity: Mythic
Troop Type: Daemon

Demonic Oblivion
Deal [Magic + 5] damage to an Enemy, boosted by Doomskulls. Convert Yellow Gems to Doomskulls. Conjure a Doomstorm. [6x]

Mana Color: Green, Red, Purple
Mana Cost: 24

Trait #1: Fire Link
Gain bonus Red Mana from Red Gem matches.

Trait #2: Impervious
Immune to all Status Effects, Devour, and Mana Burn.

Trait #3: Curse of Ruin
50% chance to Curse all Enemies when matching 4 or more Gems.

This one is quite good. Impervious, Fire Link are both good traits. Curse of Rain is easy to activate given that this troop is doomskull converter. It has less damage output in theory than King Bloodhammer (damage to 2 strongest, and 3:1 ratio) and while it conjures a doomstorm, KB would too on enemy death.

Its still a nice troop, but could use a minor improvement compared to Bloodhammer.

1. Enraged Kurandara

Arcane: Beast & Dark
Base Rarity: Mythic
Troop Type: Daemon, Boss
Troop Role: Assassin

Ultimate Oblivion
Deal [Magic + 5] damage to all Enemies, boosted by Doomskulls. Convert Yellow Gems to Doomskulls. Conjure a Doomstorm. [8x]

Mana Color: Green, Red, Purple
Mana Cost: 32

Trait #1: Fire Link
Gain bonus Red Mana from Red Gem matches.

Trait #2: Invulnerable
Immune to all Status Effects, Devour, Mana Drain, Transform, and Lethal Damage.

Trait #3: Curse of Damnation
40% chance to Curse all Enemies when my turns begins.

Now it does AoE damage instead of targeted damage, which isn’t exactly exciting compared to player doom weapons.

Its also 32 mana, which usually converters are kinda needed to be pretty quick to be functional. If the boost ratio applies after the conversion but before the damage, then its really strong. If it doesn’t, this will be less exciting than the purple doomskull doomed weapon.

It also picks up the Boss typing, which gives it … what, 30+ troops that do 5x damage to it?

Surprisingly weaker than the regular version in my opinion.

The 3rd trait is also a gift and a curse. Auto-applying curse is great, but its not as great as applying curse on demand like the 4/5 match version would be.

Kurandora looks more interesting than the Enraged Kurandora version…

3 Likes

Illithia coming shifted 1 week - it will come on 17 July, not 10 July.

Looks like Kurandara is equivalent to Zuul… I didn’t think we needed another one of those.

1 Like

Too many major blue orbs out there. Gotta have another sink…

And another interesting thing: in “Pet Spoilers” we can see “Lil’ Kurandara” pet with a comment: “Seal of Kurandara Campaign”. So these new troops will be bound to some brand new world event.

1 Like

I would expect it to require some other hard to get resource. Gotta make sure the players who have blue orbs to spare don’t get a worthy use for them :smiley:
But seriously, I’m sure the campaigns will give a new kind of hard to get resource, gotta make sure players have a reason to spend money on them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find the date the interesting part:

Monday
Jul 20, 2020
34 Days

So… the next update might be around there

i think these might be oponents in another world event

one fight you will get a kuranda and another will get you enraged one to battle against

and if i’d guess i think they wont drop in chests

Is that how Zuul started out? I think he was in raid boss first and then an alternate version showed up in soulforge. Or was it at the same time?

Might be another case of that, one is crafted and the other is an enemy in campaign battles.

Salty posted July 6th for the 5.0 preview stream. The update that week or the next, with campaign starting on the 20th… sounds right :slight_smile:

Yes, it was first Raid Boss on 25 Feb '18, and he also was added in Soulforge.

1 Like

I just hope that other hard to get resource isn’t cash, I’d hate to see this only be available for battle pass owners.

1 Like

if i would guess, that might be some resource that’s reward for finishing ‘campains’
and you’ll need to finish few of those to get enough to get that troop, which means another 1-1,5 year or something :wink:

Kurandara converts yellow gems to doomskulls, so I’d expect at least five other versions to show up. Feels somewhat unlikely they intend everybody to collect resources for the next 6 - 9 years. :wink:

3 Likes

cough cough Yes, that would completely go against everything we know about this game. That’s almost as unlikely as temporary boosts being offered for money to speed up the collection progress by a month or 2.

2 Likes

Here hoping that converting yellow to doomskulls is part of the game lore theme. Yellow being holy light and doom skulls being dark and death.

That’s what I feared with the release of Godslayers outside of Raids. They are instantly devaluing the appeal of “boss” troops by saturating the landscape with Epic Rarity troops that instant kill Mythic Troops that have a 32 Mana cost.
It’s already difficult enough to average even 1 Nysha Medal a month for end gamers. But instead of helping speed up the process, they continue to try and slow it down.
At this rate don’t worry devs. No one will ever be able to Enhance every troop to gold level because you won’t be able to afford to keep the servers on to make it possible.
Oh and this means officially now that Daemon type troops will be last the ones (if ever) to get the “50% Mana at the start of the battle” boost.

1 Like

Oh and in regards to yet another “purple/green” troop that converts yellow to (Doom)skulls.

giphy - 2020-06-15T203249.124

Spoilers from the File Differences. Its pretty major.

Now, lets check out your current Campaign Tasks|
Now, to check out the Campaign Pass|
Finally, lets go check out the Artifact for this Campaign|

Looks like there is a Campaign running at the moment. Lets check out what adventure we will go on next.|
Welcome to the Campaign Menu. Campaigns run over 10 weeks and provide long term goals and rewards to complete.|

The Overview Tab provides a glance of your current progress in the Campaign, including Lore, Tasks Remaining, and the Current Artifact Progress.|
Now, lets check out your current Campaign Tasks|
The Task Tab shows you what your current Tasks are for this Campaign. Campaign Tasks are themed to the current Weekly Event, and contain many things to do.|

Gold Tasks provide the most Stars for the Campaign, but the tasks are harder.|
Silver Tasks provide an decent amount of Stars, and the tasks are easier than Gold Tasks.|
Finally, Bronze Tasks provide a small amount of Stars, but the tasks are much easier than Gold and Silver Tasks.|

Also, each Task can be skipped for a fee, so if a Task is too hard, the red X in the top corner to skip the Task and still reap the Star rewards!|

Now, to check out the Campaign Pass|
The Campaign Pass is where to find all the rewards for this Campaign. Collecting Stars provide access to more rewards in the Campaign Pass.|
You can also upgrade your Campaign Pass to the Elite Pass, which will unlock a new tier of rewards to collect along with the Free Pass.|
When you collect enough Stars, remember to come back to the Campaign Pass tab to collect your rewards.|

Finally, lets go check out the Artifact for this Campaign|
Artifacts are powerful objects that have been uncovered and can be improved over the duration of the Campaign.|
Leveling up your Artifact will provide more access to Lore about the artifact, and will power up you and your Troops across the duration of this Campaign.|

1. Campaigns last 10 weeks
  2. It reads like the old console daily tasks which I actually kinda like as it gave me something to do with a more defined goal.
  3. Artifacts are temporary power ups. I do wonder if the Elite Pass gives more power to stats.

Interesting…

Hope Elite Pass + isn’t mandatory to get the top rewards…

6 Likes

League of Legends has taught me to be very irritated at the idea of anything with “pass” in the name.

10 Likes