(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I’d assume that’s similar to werewoods… ability usage flips it back and forth.

1 Like

That’s a tough question to answer. Generally speaking, it depends on the balance the gacha developer wants. However, the trend is clearly to be more generous than not these days.

However, a huge difference between GoW and almost every gacha out there is that gacha games generally do NOT allow players to passively generate premium currency. There’s a fixed amount available, and the player has to jump through all the hoops to scrounge up every unit of “free” premium currency there is. Even then, the amount of “free” premium currency, is far, far less than what is generally needed to optimally play all events. This handicaps people who are F2P or light spenders, as they are always a power level behind high spenders.

In turn, this allows the developers to be “generous” with various temporary currencies to look like they are assisting those struggling players with trying to catch up with the spenders. However, no matter what, these the temporarily currencies and/or giveaways never lets the F2P / light spending crowd fully catch up with the whales. It also creates an environment where players have to keep checking daily to see if there are any giveaways in a given week, else the players will miss out at their “chance” to catch up.

2 Likes

Thank you for that beautiful and completely understandable explanation of why I no longer play Square Enix mobile g@mes.

5 Likes

Fun Fact: Your example game can be played free nicely and I never had the feeling I did miss something. My team grow stronger and I progressed in story. Also I could farm the events without missing too much.
In GoW on the other side I see a lot of “Buy this - buy that!!!” and I have very slow progress since my 3 main teams are at max level with all traits. In the current version I will hit a wall that will stop my progress for years: Collecting pets.

So while that game has a lot of gotcha mechanics it has overall the better game design for F2P players. I hope that 5.0 will add or change something to motivate me.

1 Like

Yes pets are part of kingdom power progression. Only 3 level 20 pets at this point though and totally unnecessary at this point since all it does is increase tribute chances. If you play without a guild then yeah pets are going to be a pain for you. But since they don’t matter until after power level 10 (I believe). I don’t see what that has to do with your personal power creep.

It sounds like you know a lot about the Final Fantasy mobile games. But perhaps need to learn more about how Gems of War works.

I personally know a free to play player who is able to farm at least 2 million gold a week and usually does at least 51k points during Guild Wars Bracket 1. So it’s hard for me to fathom this sentiment…

As criticism for GoW.

today’s language file diff suggests 1 thing and then the rest is completely filled with some amazing gibberish.

|[ARTIFACT_30000]||Kundra’s Portal|

It can. Powercreep is so strong in that game that any relevant DPS unit can solo everything that isn’t a current endgame trial. Over the last year, the devs have moved to make the entire game trivial to clear, so that new players feel the sense of accomplishment and stay attracted to the game. Not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing, as there are very sound reasons for this type of game design decision.

I will agree with you that GoW is more “in your face” with flash offers. That’s an intentional decision by the devs.

In regard to slow progress, if you’ve reached the “pets needed” stage of kingdom development, then your account is not a new account anymore. You’re at the current meta in terms of kingdom development, and this is absolutely to be expected. The top 1% of players in the game still have pet collection issues right now. See the myriad threads on this forum about that. Again, this is an intentional decision by the devs for pet collection to be a very, very slow process.

Out of curiosity, what would you want to see in the 5.0 update? Do you want better spending options in-game? Do you want the game to be made less difficult somehow to assist you with earning kingdom stars? Or something else, entirely?

That sad. I have been a Gems of War player since December 1, 2014, from Brazil, leader of a guild that has been in the game for 3 years and with a YouTube channel focused on Gems for my Brazilian friends, since we don’t have our language in the game. I wanted to participate in beta 5.0, but I think there is no time. :sob: :sob: :sob: I really wanted to have this experience after all these years following the game and its evolution.

MeghatroN, there will be other opportunities:

from

you will have another chance, just keep an eye open for the next beta tester call.
Good luck!

1 Like

There is at least one Brazilian in the 5.0 beta program. (Please don’t ask me who. I just remember the country of origin coming up.) No idea if that means a new language, though.

1 Like

After 5 years, I do not believe that the presence of a Brazilian among the betas team is the arrival of a new language (our uhuuu), but I am happy to know that we are represented there. The Brazilian member present is a great friend of mine, he is part of my (Brazilian) Whatsapp group for debates on Gems of War and we talk practically every day. Although we do not have the Portuguese language in the game, we Brazilians are a united community and very fond of the game. André Vidal, our Brazilian representative, is an extremely active player and we are proud to have the opportunity to see one of us among the betas.

2 Likes

Thank you. Even though I was unable to participate in this phase, I will continue to bring explanatory videos and tutorials about the game in my language to our players. And maybe I’ll have more luck next time? One thing we are sure of, we, Brazilian Gems of War players, have never given up. And we will continue to be present here with you, in the forum, as well as in the game.

Pridelands leaves KP14 purgatory with a cosmetic pet by Wednesday Aug 05, 2020
Wargare pet for Maugrim Woods on Jul 15, 2020
One more cosmetic pet dated, but its currently set to Broken Spires. yawn.

My guess for Illithia’s Kingdom link:
Karakoth.

I think the troops will be Merfolk based so I’m ruling out Blackhawk as the kingdom link.

Also:

Tuesday
Jan 01, 2030
3498 Days Dhrak-Zum

Illithia Faction Weapon

Rarity: Legendary
Weapon Type: Artifact
Weapon Role: Striker

2 Likes

Ahhh cool thanks!
(The banner for the Faction is different though.)

i kinda copy/pasted directly from Tarans Weapon page, but that’s the banner for Dhrak-Zum

1 Like

It is a common and reliable method: if you want to know linked kingdom for a faction, look at the faction weapon. Its kingdom will be the linked kingdom you want to know.

1 Like

I totally forgot that world events can have new troops on top of new events… this time we have a new boss killer.

more wiggle room for the design process i guess

More Godslayers to add to explore as well. :roll_eyes: