(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I meant on Troop Traits, (Burn all enemies on 4 or 5 gem matches)

Gotcha, yes a near constant death mark all through gem matches would be pretty rough.
Deathknight death marks all, but only when the hero dies.

but wouldn’t the death mark reset every time you match 4 or more? isn’t that how death much works? I’m not sure. it would definitely suck. But maybe not as much as it seems.

What a horrible trade off. You can keep your troops from ever dying to death mark, but you must feed the AI a 4+ match every turn. :scream:

2 Likes

Which kingdom will be associated with the City of Thieves faction?

Leonis Empire

From the spoilers section on the Discord that (I think) Taran is responsible for (all thanks to whomever deserves the credit!):

All spoiler (unofficial) information is subject to change.

This is a great spoiler sent to me by Chris (Faith/Squishy). Thanks you!!!

The game files now list the sister kingdom of factions. So here’s the full list!

Amanithrax: Zaejin
City of Thieves: Leonis Empire
[DarkCourt]: Ghulvania
[DepthsOfSin]: Sin of Maraj
[DrippingCaverns]: Grosh-Nak
[Duergaroth]: Karakoth
[Eldrazhor]: Zhul’Kari
[Emperinazar]: Khaziel
[FellRoost]: Blighted Lands
[FireRift]: Broken Spire
[HellGate]: Maugrim Woods
[IceRift]: Stormheim
[Illithia]: Dhrak-Zum
[IndrajitsDen]: Pridelands
[LyraszasLair]: Shentang
[MirroredHalls]: Glacial Peaks
[TheBlackHeart]: Blackhawk
[TheDeepHive]: Drifting Sands
[TheLabyrinth]: Wild Plains
[TinkerTown]: Adana
[Werewoods]: Urskaya
[WildCourt]: Divinion Fields
[Wyrmrun]: Dragon’s Claw

Names in brackets do not have localised names yet.

8 Likes

Thank you for help, man. \o

1 Like

So what happens when every kingdom has a class and delve? Anyone care to speculate?

New kingdom time or nothing else releases (speculation)

Sky kingdoms! Castles in the air!

2 Likes

That’s my guess too. The Underworld (Hell) is kind of the “baddies” and the Overworld (Heaven) the “goodies”.

2 Likes

Then star trek evil alternative universe where they all have goatees?

Yeah, I think they mentioned something about having multiple ‘directions’ (e.g. Overworld above Krystara) they could go in! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Can’t remember where or if it was a player/speculation.

I do remember Sirrian mentioning the need for something after all 34 classes had been allocated on stream, and saying probably a new game mode.

http://www.twitch.tv/infinityplustwo/v/441113203?sr=a&t=3262s

Time stamp 54:22 (I tried to make it work in the video, but think it only works for the link).

you’re absolutely right. I take back what I said.

A small, but fruitful, spoiler update today:

Troops:

• Several troops got renamed; we now have, upcoming: Algorak the Slayer, Amaru, Guardian of the Fields, Kobra, Stringfiddler, Toadsqueezer, Ulfr Huntsmaster.

• The four troops from Wild Cort got additional info. Their signature trait, Revenge, puts Hunter’s Mark on all enemies, and a couple of their spells synergize with Hunter’s Mark as well. Glad to see this underused mechanic get some focus.

• In particular, the Wendigo got its unique trait: Hunter’s Mark a random enemy when matching Red Gems.

Other:

• The Faction weapon for Wild Court, Wild Hunter, seems really good. It deals Magic + 3 true damage (27 + 3 = 30, if you have maximum Magic bonuses and a Green hero class), tripled if the enemy has Hunter’s Mark (really easy to apply with the Archer Hero Class, which can do it on 4+ matches at Champion Level 1). It then applies Hunter’s Mark.

• However, the most notable thing about this weapon is the affixes: Gain 4 Life, Deal 5 damage to the first enemy, Create a Leafstorm (Great since this weapon uses Green, and Green is a great color for Skulls, which work well with Hunter’s Mark), and, notably, Apply Hunter’s Mark to all enemies. This affix is new, and very powerful. This along with Leafstorm makes me think this weapon will synergize excellently in a Green Skull damage team with The Wild Queen.

• Wait, is this a bug? The in-game data for the Wild Court banner lists (+2 Green +1 Red -1 Blue -1 Yellow). Glad we’re finally getting a Green/Red banner, but I guess we’ll have to wait on that getting fixed.

• Minirino (a Goat Pet) is the Wild Court faction pet.

I also wanted to point out a recent addition to the game’s localization files, that is very exciting… a new status effect!

• Reflect: Reflect will deal 50% from a single instance of incoming damage back to the inflicting Enemy troop. It lasts until it is used.

Looks like a powerful and useful counter to Doomskulls, and many other strategies. It’ll probably be coming with the Mirrored Halls faction, and since the status effect hasn’t actually been added to the game yet, we’ll probably have to wait until 4.4.5 or 4.5 before we can experiment with it.

EDIT: Just wanted to point out that the Wild Plains rework gave Mongo the ability to transform himself into a random Fey, among other things.

9 Likes

Wow, crazy stuff with Hunter’s Marks. I’m actually pretty hyped about this.

1 Like

A curious name this “Duergaroth”. Will it be about Dark Dwarves (Duergars)?

1 Like

Can’t wait to see Lust + reflect troop it will be awesome…

2 Likes

Deal 5 damage doesn’t really match with the True Damage.

Apply Hunter’s Mark to all enemies is actually not new. Its on Prey Seeker and Eagle Eye weapons at least.

I actually don’t know if this weapon will pair well with TWQ since I don’t know if you want to actually drop your turn for these effects. Think you’re better off with sticking with a hero class with Hunt (don’t really need it in PvP either). Most hero weapons don’t pair well with TWQ besides the Doomskull weapons or something that can entangle first slot like Writhing Staff so I guess you could be right? shrug

Yeah, that needs to be fixed. I’m sure it will, but that really needs to be pointed out lol

… can I sign a petition to reject that? You’ll be glued on to a hero class with dispel or looking for something that does the old 1 splash damage, or hope its the enemy first slot and you can explode for minimal damage. Its really not ideal to deal with for most non-looping teams…

3 Likes

So you want to reject the reflect
Imagine the amazing possible meta

Dawnbringer + reflect lol
Life and death + reflect
Rope + reflect
Etc…

Hours of pleasure