Sorcerer Class is Bad

Sorcerer was the first class I levelled to 100, and I never use it. It’s just terrible compared to others, and the mythic weapon is dismayingly bad: “Summon a random demon”.

Is there some secret way to using it effectively I am not privy to, or is it just awful?

2 Likes

There is a Diamantina team with Sorcerer that one hit Cedric’s Team, the one from vault keys.

2 Likes

Ah. I’m nowhere near getting her. Hopefully I’ll remember this when I do. :smiley:

1 Like

Knight is not so great too, but it has banishment.
The classes weapon only few of them are really worth. Others are forced to be in your inventory …

2 Likes

Sorceror, as well as some other classes, compared to others are definetely subpar to say the least. It does have Rising Shadows which is my hands down favorite talent and Stealthy always gives some potential. I have a few teams i like to play with sometimes using Sorcerer but its not often.

The weapon is imo the worst of all the class weapons lol

3 Likes

You hand it Secrets of the Crypt and make sure it has some meat shields in front that don’t block mana. If you pick the correct talents you’ve got one crazy powerhouse that can solo (if you disregard the three stooges keeping company) quite a lot of events.

2 Likes

This is true, but none of the others I’ve got so far are remotely as useless as the sorcerer one, lol.

Yeah, it does have rising shadows, but I’ve never used that, as 7% seems too low to ever work. In my experience with devour and such, it needs to be at leat 60% to kick in with any regularity, at least on the player side. I take it, it does actually work sometimes?

That’s a weapon I take it? Unfortunately, I do not have it. The three Stooges - LOL.

1 Like

You can get it on Sword’s Edge Tuesday, when the Crypt Keeper faction is up. It steals life from the two weakest opponents (which basically guarantees it will snipe any Valraven), plus summons an undead as replacement meat shield. It’s a purple tome, so Sorcerer can stack a ton of extra damage on top. It fills fast due to never draining completely, and you can self-enchant with green matches. You’ll never have to worry about things like poor troop selection for class events again, because Secrets of the Crypts plus spectator troops always gets the job done.

2 Likes

There is several worse classes than sorcerer.

2 Likes

To piggy back on that Sorcerer does have that bonus magic from using a Purple weapon as well.

2 Likes

Rising Shadows isn’t a talent to plan around. It’s something you’re better off leaving to work passively in the background and consider it a bonus on those occasions when it does kick in.

An example: For a long time, my Explore-12 team had an Orbweaver Hero with the Rising Shadows talent active. Every so often, it would knock off an enemy (sometimes even two, once all three!) and speed up a battle for me. I wasn’t using Orbweaver/Rising Shadows for that purpose, mind you, but it was a nice little “extra”. And while it wasn’t all that frequent that it would happen, over the course of many, many battles it would kick in often enough that it wasn’t completely useless.

7% isn’t a lot, and it’s not a check that runs particularly often for that to even happen. Megavore’s third trait has a slightly larger (8%) chance to do the same thing, but it’s something you can attempt to trigger much more often given the circumstances under which it runs a check.

Every little bit helps. But in the broader picture, this doesn’t help enough to salvage the rest of the Class.

3 Likes

Common issue OP, only a few classes are actually meta and the majority will be ignored until they get some kind of rework.

3 Likes

I use Orbweaver with Rising Shadows regularly and occasionally have had a Zero Move win following a lucky skull cascade at the start of a game! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Looks like I’m in for a wait then, since we had that recently. No idea why I didn’t get the weapon - must have been low on gems or not paying attention.

Which ones are worse?

Seems to me that reworking them ought to get some priority. It gets boring seeing the same handful of classes used on every team, even when a different one ought to be the better option.

1 Like

You happen to know the team/can you share it?

Diamantina, Leprechaun, Sorcerer with Obsidian Librian or Prismatic Orb and Myzmer. The weapon got to be purple for Maester of Magic bonus and Sorc along with Myzmer for the kingdom team bonus but for me right now with 3 nysha medals, campaign bonus and +2 magic from the guild and +2 from renown, +26 from kingdom, they still survive sometimes, maybe after the starry pet from karakoth they will die.

3 Likes

Cheers, I’ll definitely try that out sometime.

2 Likes

I’m using Wizard’s Wand because they do survive quite often. It costs 5 purple so great for cleanup.

I prefer 2x Diamantina team. Actually, I’ll try empress, thrall, wand of stars and diamantina with elementalist, no, titan. Well, leprechaun instead of thrall in 2nd position. Nevermind, 2x diamantina still faster.

1 Like

LMAO. I’m nowhere near even 1 diamantina.

1 Like