Sneaky Sneak Peek of the next Update

I mean if we put on our speculation hats it could be anything.

“A powerful, dungeon-like encounter” is just one possibility. It could also be optional challenges like “win using only skull damage”. I can rattle off a dozen of like-minded challenges.

20k gold sounds like a lot, but honestly gold is worthless. You dump it into guild tasks, then forget about it for a week. This is super cool if you have kingdoms to level, but that’s such a small portion of the game!

@ONOPALAVER I explore to farm traitstones so I can make teams that win more PvP. That’s how it helps my guild. Once I have my PvP teams maxed out, Explore might lose its lustre. But I’m about 2,000,000 souls and about 100 arcane traitstones from that point.

I know people explore for that
maybe some people not read my point

I know a lot of players need stones
I have stones and souls for everything I guess and I never explore

1 Like

As of this morning. Your data is accurate and verified.

6 Likes

I personally feel like gold benefits the guild more (because of legendary tasks). The ranking of a guild based on trophies also has no influence on GW whatsoever, so trophies are actually pretty useless. The daily gold bonus is hardly worth it.

But yeah, I don’t explore for Arcanes or whatever. I explore because it’s more fun for me than PVP. Because this is what a game should be about… having fun. It’s not another job you have to do to survive. And I don’t want to see something that’s fun ruined.

Well, I don’t want to switch teams around in explore. Explore is about speed and all that and not all that PVP-stuff of picking teams based on opponents and all that.

Same! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t have fun fighting against easy teams in explore, I want more difficult and the haters teams of psion - famine and goblins combo bring it to me.

We won lot of gold in pvp so we do lots of legendary Tasks also of course.
And mostly of us here find pvp more fun than explore, sure.

I also play some arenas sometimes but the gold who gives is so less so don´t help enough.
If you see the global benefit per match you find:

Explore : you win
exp - souls - seals - gold - stones - keys

Pvp: you won
exp - souls - seals -gold - stones - keys - gems (in defense) - trophies

I see a little differences between both styles of playing.
But I repeat again another point that maybe also someone don’t see before.

1 Like

Come on, guys and girls. Random chance to encounter Cedric Sparklesack or similar in Explore, and he drops random goodies like this gold if you win.

1 Like

That is so plausible. Honestly, I think you may have nailed it.

Just a random substitution like they were doing with the Moa event, except he could pop up anywhere with a low probability. I used to play Kingdom of Loathing and there were some ultra-rare random encounters that had an extremely low probability of occurring (like a 1 in 1,000,000 chance), but could happen any time and anywhere that you were adventuring and would reward an extremely valuable item if they triggered. I never had the good fortune to encounter one, but it was fun to know that any given encounter could be with Count Bakula (a combination of Dracula and Scott Bakula) or the Baiowolf.

I also really liked the Semi-Rare mechanics. I never stumbled into an Ultra-Rare, but every run I made I had to carefully plan my turns around when I thought a Semi-Rare might pop up. I loved that game!

1 Like

I also loved how ‘ultra-rare’ in KOL actually meant something, while ‘ultra-rare’ in GOW is the 4th most rare category of things.

Lots of speculation so I jump in. it could just be a competed Daily Task reward incorporated into the post game results menu.

I think “ultra-rare” in GoW means they haven’t been cooked thoroughly. Which is also why they are blue, as in “Pittsburgh blue.”

1 Like

That had occurred to me too, except that I’m 99.9% certain that they haven’t put any serious thought into a new daily task system yet, and that too many of the existing tasks aren’t completed in battle (level a troop, trait a troop, forge a trait, change your armor, etc.).

While I can’t comment on the other points, these three in particular I personally had tested before release and they didn’t show up on our internal servers. It appears that something got messed up when we pushed it out to the live servers.

1 Like

You probably expect me to say “do better” but

At one job, they drove me away by putting me in charge of the build script. It was this massive NAnt deal and I’m probably the only person that bothered to draw a map of the whole thing. It took 6 hours, had to run on a special machine, etc. Sometimes it’d finish with no errors but the installers just… didn’t work. So you’d just have to kick it off again. Those builds were always labeled “gremlins”.

I hope you find your gremlins. As far as I know they never found ours.

Repeat button YES!

looks like it is one of his “sacks” :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Don’t touch his lucky charms.

2 Likes

So i was close, instead of boss it will be gnome :slight_smile:

For end game, gold is worthless. I can make 20k gold in PVP in about 5-6 matches. I want more trophies and seals. Buuuut that’s end game, maybe this is for newer players. Either way, excited for 3.3

what good is trophies?

1 Like