Slow loading screen

I can submit a ticket for this as well, but I wanted to post an example short video here so we can all confirm we’re talking about the same thing. I also have this reported under Team Selection in this thread (which was submitted as a ticket to 505 support already).

Team Selection hanging
EDIT: Notice the “sparkly relic” effect on the highlighted team is entirely absent for the length of the hang - thats the visual cue. The game will not respond to any input from the controller during this time. However, the player can press the Xbox/Dashboard button and use the console as normal during this timeframe - just the game itself is unresponsive.

The bug occurs during Team Selection when backing out from the current team. There is a hang that you must wait through until the list of teams is loaded that you can select. The same scenario is experienced whether you’re in the Troop List screen swapping between teams or at any pre-battle screen when swapping between teams.

This hang gets progressively longer with lengthier play sessions. I am unsure if the length of the hang scales with number of battles, pvp, raw time, etc… Last night I played for a little over an hour and the hang started around ~15s (video above - was captured near the start of my hour-ish session) and was over ~40s by the time I exited the game and turned my XB1 off for the night (sorry, I forgot to record a second video). During longer play sessions (for me, thats on the weekends), the hang can grow to be over ~1m and, if I’m not mistaken, I’ve timed it at over 2m before.

The bug did exist prior to this patch. The difference is that in our current patch, there is a default team selected for us. In the previous patch we were defaulted to the Team Selection (all teams already displayed) and we were forced to pick one. The hang would only occur if we selected a team, realized we wanted to select a different team, and pressed “A” (XB1) to return to Team Selection. That implementation allowed us to avoid the hang and, for some players, they may have never realized it existed because it could be avoided entirely pre-patch.

If I could take a guess, many players may never have realized this was an issue in the previous patch because there is no visual indicator on the screen that the “A” button will do anything. It’s natural to use the “B” button to cancel or go backwards in a menu system when using the controller. Since we were always forced into selecting a team (there was no default team pre-patch), we were always able to return to where we were if we had only been using the “B” button.

In the current patch, since we’re defaulted to a team, players were forced to try another button to get to Team Selection or else they’d never be able to select a different team. This is probably why there is more chatter about it now than there was prior.

Examples:

• During the previous patch, on the Troop List screen, the player could select a team, modify stuff and then use the B button (XB1) to go back to the world map and then go back into the Troop List. If the player were to have pressed the A button in the same scenario, the hang would occur.

• During the previous patch, on the Team Selction screen prior to any battle, the player had to select a team. If the player realized they needed a different team, they could’ve pressed B to go back to their previous screen (PVP search if you were in PVP, challenge selection if doing challenges, etc…) or A could be pressed with the team name highlighted to go back to the Team Selection. Pressing A would make the game hang.