[Known Issue] Game is laggy

Platform, device version and operating system:
PlayStation/all platforms?

Screenshot or image:
No need for this. Just imagine spinning gems.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Play without long loading times between battles, especially PvP/GW. This hasn’t been possible recently. It is taking minutes for some players to complete a single battle.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Frequently, on and off. Seemed to have started happening before last weekend.

Steps to make it happen again
Play any battle, especially PvP or GW.

A similar thread was created earlier, but wasn’t filed as a bug report:

2 Likes

I don’t like to moan, but this problem is getting very annoying now and making me reluctant to do certain things in the gme. I had all afternoon free and planned to play PvP to grind some gold and just for fun, but it’s not any fun when it takes longer to wait for a game than it does to play it, just couldn’t stick with it :confused:

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the report.

This is currently a known issue to the development team who are working actively on resolving this issue!

Apologies for the inconvenience, and it’s perfectly understandable to be frustrated.

Thank you for your patience in this particular matter. It is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s getting annoying to try and play gems, with so much lag and the ring of colour…

1 Like

Hi @Bramble

Do you have an update on this issue?
It is so bad for one of my Guild Members that they can barely do any battles and I am worried they are going to quit playing.

I echo what othes are saying this lag is unplayable everything is stuck loading

1 Like

Played all day, 99% PvP matches, must have been at least 10 hours. Wonder how many of those were just watching little circles spin around and around and…

Hello :slight_smile:

I’ve notified the development team today again about this issue.

I can confirm that we are still investigating and to keep an eye out for any updates.

In the meantime, I’d recommend troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cache just in case!

Thank you all for your patience :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Update has made PvP even slower now :zzz:

It’s hard to play the new update, I keep getting the ring… And it’s annoying…

I can do one battle before I get stopped in my tracks. Then I have to restart the game, do one battle and do it all again. Do you think this is FUN for us…

We’ve made some improvements to performance so there should be less lag now. We’re currently also working on further improvements which will take more time to work through, test and release (possibly able to release these improvements sometime next week, we’ll keep you posted), but hopefully what we’ve already done has improved things a bit.

3 Likes

I was able to actually play on my tablet for the first time in ages because the lag is fixed. I’ve been just collecting tributes on mobile and playing on PC.

Morning Kalika, just finished playing this morning and the PVP is running even slower for me since the new update. I actually like what you’ve done to refresh the PVP but with its current performance issues it’s almost unplayable.

I’m seeing loading between PvP battles hang to the point that I get multiple timeout errors between battles.

Unfortunately, whatever has changed has made things way, way worse.

Platform (don’t think it matters): ps5

From Friday last week, there was ~10 second extra spinning circles lag between battles, over the usual few seconds.

Once the update landed, the lag increased instantly, average extra lag time now 20+ seconds.

This morning, returning to the game (5 hours before this post) and playing throughout the day, the lag has been anything from 10 (very rare) to 72 seconds (mostly in this upper region). Scientific timing method: 1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3…

All the changes to PvP look like a really good start bar a few niggles and transition hitches (leaderboards, teams, etc.) but the lag is ruining the fun incredibly. Please don’t leave it this way all over xmas/new year).

it is not laggy - it is UBER SLOW!!!

Playing Gnome-a-Palooza, my average time: 8 seconds, average time to next battle: 38 seconds. The time I waiting to play is almost 5 times more than I play. This game is unplayable…

5 Likes

Definitely not the time to be running GaPs in PvP, not even for triggering the pet first. Just stick to level 1/2 explore and maximise your time.

2 Likes

I’m skipping this Gnome event, it’s hard to do anything on the game. PvP is unplayable having to keep restarting the game after 3 battles is not fun… So skipping everything to do with Gems until they decide to fix the game.