Server having trouble error

Hey guys, remember that time when you could play Gems of War? Good times, good times…

2 Likes

I don’t understand all the complaints. I can play just fine after about 50 or so retries.

12 Likes

Maybe I need to post another “Fix your shit” post? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Actually @DonBoba, I believe the correct, technical fix, is to take the Database cartridge out and then blow on it as hard as you can, put it back in the server but not ALL the way in so when you close the lid it kind of slams into place…

THAT WILL FIX IT FOR SURE!!! :wink:

12 Likes

Yes it has, I was actually referring to the compensation you get when you send in a support ticket

[quote=“DonBoba, post:55, topic:19184, full:true”]
Who said we are getting any compensation xD
[/quot
Probably won’t, except for the one support ticket I sent in before I gave up in frustration :smiling_imp:

Then they should have hired a DBA that knows what he’s doing.

“Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays!” “I believe someone should get beat up for sayin that”

1 Like

Whoever was able to get Mongo in the Glory packs this morning, please stop using him so the rest of us can play!

2 Likes

I just don’t understand why communication with your player base to keep them abreast of the situation is so hard.

“Hey guys, we created this post because we’re still trying to fix the issues. Will check back in with everyone in an hour if the servers aren’t fixed by then. Sorry for the trouble.”

COMMUNICATION! Where is it @Sirrian? It’s not that hard to have the common decency to keep your players informed. Just dropping out of communication is not acceptable behavior. Please address this permanently.

This is becoming like a bad relationship where you really like the other person and have lots of fun together but where at least one day a week you come home and your house is trashed and your partner has disappeared with no trace. Then they show back up the next day and apologize that they trashed your place and then disappeared and they say they’ll do better. And you want to believe them because most of the time things are awesome but you know you are going to have to break up with them if they keep doing this shit.

2 Likes

Keep in mind the time difference between US and Australia. It is 6am over there. And the don’t have a large enough staff to run 3 crews at 8 hours each.

Still pretty bad, showing the connection and server time out all the time. Can’t play at all!

That excuse no longer applies when it happens every week. Lots of companies support international clients; saying “Hey we know we tend to have lots of issues during this specific period of time week over week but we can’t do anything about it because we’re sleepy. Sorry!” is absolute bullshit (excuse my language).

If it was something that rarely happened then sure, that’s understandable. But the game has been unplayable for more Mondays than not for weeks now. That “Oh, sorry, it’s late.” excuse no longer holds any water.

3 Likes

Simply Unplayable.

I have to admit that it does seem like I see less of the devs on here…
Crazy question, may not even be the right place for it, but:

Do you think that they are focusing so much on getting new WEEKLY content (troops) that they just dont have the time to come out and play anymore? If so, then I would be more than willing to say take a break from new troops, come and talk to us and maybe bug fix while you’re chatting. :wink:

2 Likes

He communicated with us just a bit farther up the thread, stating it wasn’t a server issue but database issue he was attempting to fix, clearly it wasn’t completely fixed. As far as communication from devs go, Sirrian is crazy responsive. Better than 90% of the game devs out there that dont relay anything and faster than half of the 10% that do.

1 Like

For most things this is true but not these giant outages. The Devs communication is sporadic at best. Like I’ve said before, if this was an isolated instance then I’d completely understand but this is happening every week. Maybe it’s a different cause each week but the end result is the same.

The game becomes unplayable; if we’re lucky a dev says they’re looking into it. And then nothing for hours as the game continues to be unplayable on the busiest gaming day of the week.

1 Like

@Sirrian I know you’re busy but can we get an update? It’s been 4 hours now today and I can’t get into the guild tab, can’t complete a pvp properly and watching people debating US politics on global isn’t entertaining anymore.

What’s going on with the game today?

1 Like

Its 6AM dev time. Stop wondering where Sirrian is.

It’s 6:25am right now in Ozland. Patience. The team needs to get some sleep at SOME point…

I can’t get into the iOS game at all due to the server timeouts. I’ll go and attempt the console game in a bit.