Sad way to finish the year

I guess im not sure, but pretty sure he lost over 10-15 rewards

It would be cray cray if his GW was deleted but his daily Rewards weren’t.

I can’t tell you i didin’t see the video

1 Like

I agree initially it felt counter-intuitive to me too but then started to think it makes more sense since most mailed rewards are time sensitive. It makes sense to drop older rewards that will/have expired before dropping newer ones. Seems it would be especially punishing if the system would keep older rewards that would expire before you log in and instead stop storing new rewards that have expirations lasting beyond when you’ll log in next. So if it worked like voice mail or email systems like we expected, we’d lose rewards from both ends.

I’d be pissed - no ifs ands or buts about it. I wouldn’t get over it for weeks if ever. And I’d also raise a stink about it in hopes of getting an exception. I’ve lost several of the 120 gem snotstone rewards because I fell asleep plugging away to finish the event in the last 2-3 hours before reset and forgot to collect them. (why these can’t be automatically mailed like other rewards I don’t know but they aren’t). We all think we personally deserve an exception, that our situation is different or important enough and should therefore receive special attention.

And therein lies the problem. Tens of thousands of players all thinking they are an exception. I feel 1500 gems is something extraordinary to lose, but everyone has their own idea of what the threshold is for being an exception. 1k gems? 100 gems? 10 gems? 3 glory keys? Where do you cut it off where the reward is no longer valuable enough for support to want to waste time on it and just send a blanket “sorry nothing we can do” response? And many people will put the ticket in any way in hopes of getting something out of it regardless of how minor because what do they have to lose? A rejection?

A blanket “we don’t reimburse ANY lost mailed rewards” cuts back on tickets & processing time dramatically. It may not be the friendliest way to do it and certainly not appreciated by victims of these situations. But support can bring in a kindergartener they don’t have to pay to just hit a button to send an auto-reply while they work on other things. Never said it was the most customer friendly method but logistically it saves time/money and most victims move on whether they like the response or not.

And for the record, note the OP stated he & his guild are done spending money on the game, NOT that they were going to quit. Shows the level of addiction involved in this game amd at some level perhaps the publisher knows how much they can get away with before they lose players so they push the limits of it. shrug

2 Likes

We spent so much time and money in this game, it’s hard to just quit. That’s also the reason why i never want to see a GOW 2 get release cause i will never start over. Unless they find a way to import old troop, that would be my goodbye signal

3 Likes

I suspect Sirrian has been working on the next version for half a year or so in the background. That is reason why so many poor design decision have slipped by into production. Hero classes, Weapon Perk, etc.

This is probably gems of war 3 already

But Sirrian licenses and consults on other match 3 games.

@awryan My daily rewards in fact were not deleted.
I kept my:
7 day log in reward
December log in reward
happy holidays login reward
Daily VIP reward
“extra guildseals and gold”

Unfortunately I am not allowed to post the video here. My last reward in my box scrolling down my feed was my “Daily VIP reward”. So if I was not a VIP I would of had my GW rewards.

1 Like

If this is the case @Cyrup. What’s to stop guild event rewards from being coded the same way? As in not to be deleted if the mail box fills. Only delete Legendary tasks.
On a side note, kudos on fixing the level deal in profiles with a server side patch. Hopefully the same can be done with the mail box limit.
My guild is doing over 150 LT this week. And to a certain point, I’m ruining the fun of it by telling my guild when they can and cannot donate gold. I don’t want a single LT to go to waste due to lazy coding. I hope I can eventually go back to being a guild manager and not a micro manager.

1 Like

Having read part of the responses, just want to focus on the 1 part.

In regards to the 1st mail being deleted 1st, its a standard FIFO system.

Its not a new system they have used, it is simple 1 of many they have picked from, and done so assuming when they did, many years ago now, that it wouldnt be an issue (this is my assumption of them making an assumption). I believe they have even expanded the mail box to 100, where as it used to be smaller.

Yes, being pissed is natural.
Yes, everyone understands being pissed.
Yes, you worked for and deserved the rewards.
No, the devs do not “have” to refund anything, or resend anything, as it was standard policy before this happened.

Now, instead of letting it go, and attempting to deal with it in private with the devs, and come to a solution, as most times, every interaction I have had with them, has been them willing to work with players to come to a solution.

Instead, we have a thread on forums over 100 replies long, with people threatening to boycott shit, and report them to other authorities and do charge backs and whatever else was mentioned in the thread. The devs have given their position, and forcing the issue after a public statement of what was done and why, will simply cause them to start ignoring all reports on the matter, and take further action, which i believe can be done with justification of abuse of the support system with spamming it, as I have seen it done in other games.

2 Likes

Agreed 
 do the Elsa thing and let it go. Just agree to the phrase “be a player, not a client”. Because it is true and should be on your mind anytime. Also in cases like that.

Hey, I’m a big fan of policies because policies are important.

That’s why there are policies such as escalate to the publisher 505 Games if unsatisfied with infinity+2 support.
And

That’s why there are policies such as escalate to Microsoft if you are unsatisfied with 505 Games support.

So our guildmate followed policy, now the Gems of War crew will have to follow policy and explain their action to Microsoft and 505 Games.

1 Like

Unless TOS in this game is different from ALL other online free games i played so far doubt they gotta explain anything to anyone seen basically all the tos i bothered read are saying at the end “you own nothing nm if you csed 1 million euro’s and we can do w/e we want with your account, that’ actually ours and we let you use it, whenever we want”.

Just x fun you lot can try do some chargebacks so we see how it work here x those, again, in all other games i played chargeback = automatic ban (x investigations purpose is the most common “reason”)

1 Like

It is because we play through Xbox Live and it’s Xbox Live TOS the Gem’s team needs to follow.

Yeah and I don’t care to go in a circle but here’s the part of that discussion I feel is bad faith:

The sense I get is some people in this thread are out for some kind of “revenge” and won’t quit going up the change until they’ve been sated. I’m thinking about the “What if 505 and Microsoft say to go pound sand?” and I feel like it’ll just result in the continuation of this thread and more yelling about how wrong it is.

Thing is if they deny the petition, then it sort of isn’t. This isn’t a unique situation in these kinds of games and I’m nowhere near as certain as some parties are that this will be reversed and “the devs will be sorry”.

I’m pretty sure Microsoft’s policy (and by extension, most CC agents) is concerned about if you got the item you paid for. In this case, if money was spent for gold or gems, that gold or gem purchase was fulfilled by GoW. The claim is that the items bought with that secondary currency were not delivered properly. I feel like Microsoft’s view on that will be “tough cookies, talk to support”. That is a major reason why games sell currency instead of actual items. It turns issues with in-game purchases into their problem, not Microsoft’s.

I’m also fairly certain 505’s aware of this policy because they might have even suggested it. I don’t think if they heard, “This kind of request saturated our support queue so we had to stop supporting it.” they’d insist an exception should be made. I’m less confident in this assessment though, it’s possible they might care.

I could waste time with more cynical views but they really all fall under the umbrella of “I don’t think individual players, even ones with high VIP levels, are as valuable to the game as players evaluate.”

In the end the only action that will “get the devs back” is if some significant portion of the game’s upper crust voluntarily quits and vocally makes it clear this was the last straw. There is a snowball’s chance in Hell of that happening because it would mean their guilds would lose progress in a way that probably can’t be recovered. It’s a voluntary checkmate.

1 Like

For Microsoft it will probably be when not what if. I’m 99% sure they won’t do a thing especially since the person didn’t pay any money for the items. The last time I contacted Microsoft was when I payed for 4 episodes of a game and it was cancelled after 2 episodes because the company closed down and Microsoft said I had to sort it out with them. They weren’t interested when I wasn’t receiving something I paid for why would they care if someone didn’t claim thier free items and lost them.

If someone does contact Microsoft please post the response here. I’m sure they won’t do anything but still curious.

I have refrained from interjecting real life reasons why this “Microsoft Case” isn’t going anywhere because this is a rant tread,you should too. If a specific item was purchased directly from the marketplace and then not delivered that’s 100% different in legal terms from not getting a in game gizmo, item, or in game currency as part of gameplay.

Yes people knew about the 100 limit possibly, including the victim. Yes its unfortunate it occurred. Yes the developers need to fix the 100 cap soon (but not their definition of soon).

1 Like

MS charged me for a EA subscription I had tried to cancel. I didn’t even bother calling MS, I called my bank and filed a dispute. Bank gave me my $50? back then, and six or so weeks later I got a mail from my bank that the dispute was finalized in my favor. When you pay for things with a credit card company backed bank debit card (visa debit card) you have recourse through them.

It might not be too late for you to get a refund from that cancelled game from your bank.

I’m sorry, but this is the Fallout 76 bag all over again. A company makes a decision to give poor customer service and call it policy. They should be called out for it. They made a rule that only hurts their most dedicated players. How stupid is that?

4 Likes

The more I think about this whole thing the angrier I get. The devs literally said the only reason they can’t give back rewards is because too many will then claim lost rewards. Um
 in other words “Our game is so flawed that we cannot possibly return all lost rewards to players that rightfully deserve them, sorry”.

If they took this stance with people who actually did something dumb and stuffed up by crafting the wrong thing or bought the wrong thing etc. I would fully support such policy. But to refuse to help players who for no fault of their own lost rewards
:rage:

The mailbox limit could be increased with the push of a button. They could have consolidated same-like mails together when they revamped the mail system in last update. Instead of attempting either of these fixes they chose the easy route and just deny all claims.

1 Like