Sad way to finish the year

Read again.

Its because 90% of the reports are people CLAIMING it. Not that they had lost rewards. Be it to check, or a lie. Most of the reports were not from lost rewards. Id wager a small % of them were from actual lost rewards.

They stopped doing it, because human nature made a bunch of people lie and try and get free shit when the chance presented itself. So instead of dealing with a bunch of idiots trying to get free shit, they went for the option that saves them time dealing with the 1 issue, and allows them to work on actual problems, and said no they wont do it.

Instead of getting annoyed at devs for making the policy, why not get annoyed at the people who forced the devs to have to have a policy like this in the 1st place.

2 Likes

How many people would you think have ever claimed their mailbox overflowed? Not very many I would think and easily checkable. Also I think you need to read again. They said if refunds were given gullds would take less care when donating knowing if exceeded they would get refund creating more tickets. Again the flaw is in their game, they need to fix it like 6 months ago when they were for certain aware of the issue.

From Sirrianā€™s post:

Basically, it comes down to a few things:

1. We need to be very consistent in the way we deal with any request. When we make an exception, everybody expects that exception to apply to them too.
  2. Checking that all compensation has been correctly received & not missed, takes our customer support team a long time (30-40 minutes per request)
  3. Once word got out that we were potentially providing compensation for overflowing mailboxes, dozens of requests (30-40) would roll in every day, with people telling us they missed rewards. Most days, I believe 90+% of these were mistaken, fraudulent, or ā€œjust checkingā€. Note - Iā€™m not implying that this request was fraudulent, just that most of the other ones we received were.

Furthermore, there was also, an added pressure, where once top guilds knew we were providing this service, they would complete tasks faster at the beginning of the week, knowing that any members who missed would be compensated. We noticed the number of recovery requests start to trend upwards as that happened.

We had to discontinue this policy at that point.

That last sentence.

Check this out! They added this to the policy 3 hours ago!! It was never there before.

2 Likes

Reimbursement for missing mail. updated:3 hours ago

4 Likes

If I were that mad I would do something else like find a hobby. I hear snow skiing is fun. No one makes anyone spend money or play the game. The Devs gave their position so now itā€™s just idle conversation.

1 Like

I think this is a clear indication that the devs arenā€™t gonna back down despite continual bumping of this thread.

Yeah, I would be pretty annoyed too if myself or other guild members missed the chance of claiming 1500 gems due to current mailbox shortcomings/logistics. It sucks for him, I can sympathise with that ā€¦ but this is going nowhere.

Will they be able to fix the mailbox by Friday? The new class means a new class weapon that gets delivered via mail. If your weapon is deleted you will NEVER be able to get another one.

No worries slum we will win the next 1500 gems for you :wink:

2 Likes

Our hobby is winning guild warsā€¦ :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

And still nowhere in the policy or in the game itself its stated that the 1st mails will be deleted by new mails if limit of 100 is reached!
I thought it worked in a way that new mails wont be added anymore if limit of 100 was reached.
So you lost GW rewards because of this not logical and NEVER EXPLAINED way of how is working the mailbox!
Devs, are you aware that nobody had any idea of how the 100 limit of the mailbox was working? Wellā€¦not nobodyā€¦all the poor dudes who had to endure the thing now know. Discovering the hard wayā€¦

1 Like

My 5 cents after scrolling through whole thread.

1. The 100 mail limit was and is clear for everyone. Every person with a normal intelligence level should assume that passing the 100 mail limit results in a couple of mails being lost.
  2. The guild mates knew this guyā€™s gonna be offline X days. They knew that finishing 100+ LTā€™s gonna surpass the mail limit. They knew that the guyā€™s gonna miss out on a couple of rewards (but they didnā€™t knew which ones).
  3. They decided to take the risk and go all in on LTs.
  4. The decision bited them in the ***, and a mail with 1500 gems went poof together with other reward mails (exactly as the guild mates were aware of it will happen).
  5. People (including guild mates of the affected person, and the affected person itself) take to the forums and try to strongarm (and even threaten) their particular point of view and to shift the blame for the situation from themselves to the devs, by using the ammounts of money (that they freely chose to) spent as an argument, between others (like vip levels, and time spent playing).

Now to the conclusionā€¦

Am I the only one that is scratching its head, and keeps searching for a Facepalm meme on internet while reading all this, and canā€™t find a suitable enough one (as ultimate godzilla Jesus-from-Rio facepalm seems to be the strongest I can find)?

If Iā€™d be the guy affected, Iā€™d rather be royally pissed off at my guild mates that actively took the decision to dump grand in LTs, knowing that it will imply a risk that I will lose one or more rewards.

8 Likes

Of course i know what all my guildmate do every day, i also ask them to let me know when they go to toilet

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t resistā€¦

Lol in fact any person with normal intelligence would assume that when the mailbox is full, then no more mails can be accepted! But no, devs made a system where the 1st mails got deleted to make room for new mailsā€¦too bad the GW reward is in the first mails.
So to conclude, devs made the mailbox limit in a DUMB way and they didnt even explained it to their players. And its still not explained while I am writing these lines. But no, its absolutely not their faultā€¦

And when I say there wont be anymore real money packs purchase about guild seals/keys in my guild, its not a threat, its a fact. A threat would have been to say ā€œyou better give him his 1500 gems back or we wont continue to support your gameā€. But as I was not expecting them to give the gems to my member, I just explained one of the collateral action in relation to their decision (which will cost them 100x these 1500 gems btw).

2 Likes

The threat part was aimed mostly to people that started suggesting microsoft, chargebacks, fraud, etc.

The thing with the assume that new mails wonā€™t be received is exactly what I meant with knowing and accepting the risk that one or more rewards will go poof. Thus a sort of a gamble on your part. You knew some mails will go poof (either deleted or not received), but you took the risk. And it turned out to be a bad risk taking.

THAT part canā€™t be blamed on the devs.

What can be blamed on the devs is the 100 mail limit. And the way mails are sent out (LTs not being massed together as ordinary tasks do). One can ask for a fix for those issues (increase mail space, send LTs together etc). But that doesnā€™t fix nor justifies the previous decision taken by the guild members.

3 Likes

Man, we had no idea this member wouldnt be online these Xmas days and nobody in the guild knew who was gonna contribute more gold than usual. Just some spontaneous actions from some members during the 1st 2 days. It was Xmas, we cant all check who was online or not, be aware of everythingā€¦etcā€¦ it was Xmasā€¦it was 1500 gems from GWā€¦the devs are wrongā€¦I found a way to compensate these 1500 gems to my memberā€¦no more money support from my guildā€¦ Thats all the resume of this story. For me its no prob, case closed.

But the devs can still take 2 mins to add in game and in their policy how is working the mailbox limitā€¦or maybe thats too complicated for them? As a non english speaker, I feel I would be able to write it so Im sure they should also be able to do itā€¦

2 Likes

Yea, there I agree.
The Mail limit 100 text could be changed to Mail limit 100 (oldest mails will be deleted if surpassing), or something along those lines.

1 Like

So seeing as how the mailbox limit has now been fixed and will no longer be an issue with taking up customer support time, what reason now remains to not give Blessed his 1500 gems?

3 Likes