Sad way to finish the year

By stating the following:

it looked like you might violate guidelines, so I just wanted to let you know in advance if you weren’t already aware.

Just gift every player on Xbox 1500 gems and let’s move on. :grinning: (I’m a PC/mobile player)

@Saltypatra Well aware lol. Been playing since release… Been very loyal and this is only the second time I have ever contacted support… Which is clearly pointless.

Part for the devs:

Here is what is on developers for sure:
Not stating in their game that they use for the 100 limit of mailbox the system A (mail 101 delete mail 1, mail 102 delete mail 2,…) and not system B (mails 101, 102,…cant be added anymore if mailbox is full).
Its only written in the game “Limit of 100 in mailbox”.
Btw any normal brain would believe its system B that is used if they had to guess…

So when you create a system that work in an not logical way and you dont even explain it in your game to the players, you are clearly at fault!

Also about what Sirrian said about players abusing contact of customer support, it was the 1st time something like that happened in my guild and so the 1st time we contacted support about this kind of problem. If there are idiots that were abusing the system, its not the honest players who have to pay for their bad behaviour.

@Sirrian @Nimhain @Cyrup @Kafka @Saltypatra (the tag to Salty is just for trolling as she didnt answer me since 1 year :wink:)

Part for the Publisher:

As I already wrote, all that will cost to the publisher much more than these 1500 gems as now I dont allow anymore real money purchase in my guild when it comes to guild keys and seals offers. About that, I advice the Publisher to check the screenshot from UKResistance in this thread (post 15) where he show his 744 guild keys showing how often we bought these little real money offers to support the game.
And no more Sentinels to 5 allowed as well in my guild.

And that was my final post in this thread. Happy Gemming readers!

5 Likes

“Policy” is not a universal absolute; it’s simply an arbitrary decision that someone once wrote down. The devs aren’t slaves to policy - they’re just deliberately choosing to piss off a heavily-spending player and torch a lot of community goodwill and make entire guilds angry at them because they’ve decided that’s all worth it in the name of dying on this one particular hill.

They’re starting with a poorly-explained design, followed by the bad decision to allow premium currency to be lost, escalated even further by responding to the situation with a shrug and a middle finger.

I cannot imagine what possibly makes them think they’ve made a good decision here, but I hope their self-righteousness keeps them warm after their stubborn refusal to do the right thing ends up driving their players away.

15 Likes

So 6 months ago you realized what a huge problem the mailbox limit is and instead of fixing the problem you added a disclaimer ingame so you could instead wash you hands of it…nice.

4 Likes

Oh dear HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

credit card company lol. Now that’s good for a big giant laugh.

I’m not talking about your case here I’m talking about future cases. If the devs did reimburse you the gems then when other people find out they will want the same treatment which would involve a lot of time.

This is going to be my last post.

I agree. He did his battles and earnt his gems. He does deserve them but if the devs do make an exception then everyone else that misses out on their rewards will want that as well and when the devs say no we will get even more of these threads.

Could not agree with this more. I paid for items in game and I got them I don’t deserve any special treatment.

If he paid for those gems then he would but they were free he didn’t a pay a cent of real money for them.

1 Like

I have to wonder if this happened to a member of your guild (I’m referring to everyone above who think the devs shouldn’t make an exception) that you might have a different opinion on the matter. We’re talking about 1500 gems here guys not a measly few LT’s. No devs time would be taken up because will probably never happen again that anyone lose 1500 gems. It’s a 1 in a million occurrence, devs should make a 1 in a million exception.

8 Likes

I agree, this thread should have been closed a long time ago. @slumzee deserves his rewards. Give him what he deserves, Close the thread, Move on.

As for VIP Level / Guild Rank. It doesn’t matter if the player is VIP level 1 or 20, Rank 1 Guild or Rank 1000 it’s the principle !

However, in the Developers defence they cannot keep checking unclaimed rewards as people will try abuse the system. Nevertheless something has got to change as the current process is obviously not working.

4 Likes

I freaked out when they wouldn’t reimburse sigils during the first Invasion events. When the people who played the first 18 hours didn’t get any Valravens.
That was the first sign of a huge issue that is evident today.
Unsatisfactory customer relations hidden behind “policies”.
One of the simple reasons that Amazon is so successful is their customer service is second to none. And if their customer service ever Franks up. They go above and beyond to make it right.

I would forget these devs and go straight to 505 games. Support.505games.com. file a complaint that you won a week long event and they refuse to give you your rewards due to a imaginary policy that was created without informing the players. In America thats fraud Its like changing the fine print without informing everyone . Ive asked twice for the post regarding the policy change and got no response. I think we are dealing with a bunch of greedy amateur devolpers. 505 has live chat also. Good luck

1 Like

I don’t see the problem since this HAS NEVER EVER HAPPENED ON CONSOLE BEFORE.

Really tired how console is ignored and how your ‘policies’ unfairly target console players.

Maybe tribute and mail can only be collected by mobile players when GPS detects they are home. That would be FAIR.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking this over and here are my two cents:

While it might be players’ “fault” for doing too many LT’s and overflowing the mailbox, this is not exactly the case. The point here is completely absurd mailbox design that deletes old mails instead of refusing to accept any new mails when the limit has been reached; and the blame for this lies squarely and completely on devs’ shoulders.

They have come up with this counter-intuitive procedure in the first place (well, none of the other mailboxes I have ever used have been set up this way) and they have completely failed on informing players about how mailbox actually works. This thread is the first place I see information about mailbox deleting messages (do not confuse this with messages expiring) and, judging from reactions above, I’m not the only one. If the mailbox is, by default, set up this way, there should be big red block letters hovering before our eyes every time we open the mail - OLD MAIL WILL BE DELETED TO PROVIDE SPACE FOR NEW MAIL.

This particular case is a very bad spot to be hiding behind do-not-refund and no-exception policies…just bite the bullet and deal with the fact that great part of why this situation occurred was failure on your part to provide adequate information for users regarding system you created.
This is not the case of missing rewards because they expired or even the case of missing rewards because there was no more space in mailbox to accommodate them;
this is the case of your system deleting rewards without player’s knowledge about the fact.

9 Likes

Also, the person that actually lost the 1500 gems did nothing except not login for two days. Other people (though guild mates and accidentally) caused him to lose them through no fault of his own.

I saw Kafka telling everyone (pc/mobile 001) to be careful of LT gold drops over the holidays. Like most, I figured if I didn’t check often enough, I would lose those newest LT’s. Never once did I think my GW rewards would be at risk, even if i took the week off. That’s just counter-intuitive and a really bum deal.

5 Likes

@Sirrian

Thank you for your reply in this thread. Taking the time to explain your position is good customer service and a sign that you care.

Without opening a huge debate, I would like to point out that this situation differs from the “slippery slope” that led to your staff spending way too much time on compensation issues, fraudulent or real. Here, the player (a loyal, high VIP player, it should be mentioned) was the victim of two policies, one of which was not understood at all.

The first policy, one that has not been discussed much here, is that Guild War rewards show up as mail that has to be collected rather than as a simple notification of what has already been awarded. What I mean is the player already participated in the event, already satisfied the requirements, already earned the reward. For something as important as GW rewards, why not send a congratulatory Message announcing the rewards that have already been credited rather than drop them in as a Reward with an expiration timer on it?

The policy that was not understood at all was that mailboxes, once full, would push out the oldest mail rather than refuse to accept new mail. That is a bit counterintuitive to most, I suspect, and to my knowledge not something that was made clear.

So, there is a way here to compensate this player without violating your policy of not providing compensation for overflowing mailboxes. If you decide, as the community here seems to have decided, that “Limit of 100 in mailbox” does not make it clear that the oldest mail will be deleted, you can grant this player the compensation sought as a one-time fix in recognition of the lack of clarity and then work to improve the clarity problem. That does not open you up to a flood of future compensation requests because “Hey, why did you compensate that other player and not me” can easily be answered in the future with “well, that happened before the message said ‘Limit of 100 in mailbox. Oldest mail will be deleted.’”

In short, it would be nice if you continued to provide excellent customer support by doing the following:

1. Award GW rewards immediately and change the Reward mail to a Message.
  2. Change the mail system to refuse to accept new mail rather than delete old mail
    or, in lieu of that, add text to clarify that the oldest mail will be deleted.
  3. Grant this player the compensation sought.
11 Likes

When it’s the reset time you already got rewards for gw result, pvp result+ other event results + daily login. Adding the rewards for the gardian tasks, And if everyone decide to donate 1M which is the requirement in most of guild, you already got over 60 rewards in the mail

this happened during holiday, slumse didin’t log in for 2 day cause he spent time with his family and it’s totally fine. But what if there is a big storm and slum lost electricity for 2 days? Does it mean he doesn’t deserve his GW rewards?

Does it mean the rest of the guild need to stop spending gold to help the guild during 2 day or more and wait for the electricity to come back? This is stupid design and of course the devs should do something to prevent these things to happen

2 Likes

I’m curious. His daily Rewards should of been the first mail to get deleted right?