Sad way to finish the year

Please keep it civil in here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, there is no need to be rude or aggressive.

6 Likes

The only person entitled to anything is @slumzee and his 1500 gems.

Give it to him.
Close thread.
Move on.

The alternative is not worth your time because we will continue to complain about it because we are right.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if this is possible but maybe we could receive a msg ā€œsorry one of your guildmate mail is full, please try again laterā€

I think it could prevent this kind of bad surprise to happen again.

4 Likes

It has to be blanket policy. Not fair to give one policy to a VIP 10 or 12 and another for a VIP 5 OR 6. Or even FTP player. They have to be consistent. The issue was not Christmas it was several players doing 30 LTS at one time filling up mailbox. It does suck that the player did not get the 1500 but on the bright side he got much more value out of all those LTS. So for people to threaten the Devs to not spend any more money is unbecoming to say the least. I think this issue has been addressed in the past that spending money is entirely optional. Now if you threaten to stop playing game my ears are wide open. We all know thatā€™s not going to happen. :wink:

3 Likes

Youā€™re trolling everyone right? You canā€™t honestly believe that 25 LT = 1500 gems?
The only way that could possibly make sense is if those were 25 Mythic Legendary tasks. Odds say they werenā€™t.
And yes itā€™s fair to have different policies for F2P and VIP. If someone is investing money into your product and asks to be compensated for an error. A company going above and beyond to satisfy that customer makes more sense than not. Compared to a free player asking for time or resources from the developers that enjoy the game for absolutely free. Thereā€™s not even ads in the game to justify any gain that free players give to the devs. Every single time a support agent helps a free account itā€™s 100% a loss of money for the company.

3 Likes

I did agree that the guy should get his 1500 gems back but all this VIP talk is changing my mind. Anyone with any VIP level should not get treated better than FTP players everyone should be treated equally. I say that as a VIP 6.

8 Likes

I thought it was like 100 LTs. 25 would not fill a mailbox. I think my guild did 60 at least this week so I do not know.

Well if you want FTP to become paying then you better have same policy. VIP players are compensated in daily mail btw. Iā€™m just talking policy. The rules are the rules and everyone especially in top 10 guilds on every platform know the 100 mail rule.

From what I read. They did know the rule. They didnā€™t know that the ā€œruleā€ would delete old mail in favor of making room for new mail. I read everything I can from the devs or the forums and I had no idea thats how it worked. It honestly doesnā€™t make common sense either.
It was a mistake that the player themself shouldnā€™t be screwed over for.
Sirrians reasoning is he doesnā€™t want his paid staff wasting time dealing with fraudulent tickets.
In this one case. The claim isnā€™t fraudulent and it comes from someone who has spent at least a grand on the game. Definitely worth his paid staffs time.
I assume youā€™re not a VIP. Which is fine. But the mail we get daily certainly shouldnā€™t be considered ā€œcompensationā€. Itā€™s a nice gesture from the devsā€¦ Thatā€™s it.

5 Likes

Iā€™m VIP 10 and no I do not think I deserve special treatment. They had a product for sale and I chose to buy it. My Alt is VIP 3 and I canā€™t tell you how many rewards I am missing because I did not log on for a week on that account. I think the Devs position is not that his gripe is fraudulent but that if they compensate one person then they have to compensate everyone or investigate each one which takes time. The time it takes to do this is not something they can still do because probably the game has grown. What the people in that guild should be doing is making sure it does not happen again instead of coming to community threatening not to spend another dime. It should be a learning experience.

But they have the understanding right to refuse to spend money anymore.
This is something Iā€™ve been on the devs for a year now.
SATISFIED CUSTOMERS SPEND MORE MONEY THAN UNSATISFIED ONES.
1500 gems and an exception to a policy is not worth the revenue they will be losingā€¦

5 Likes

To reiterate what I said earlier, there should not be any limitations put on a guildmate trying to help out their guild. It seems the focus is on the number of LTs, the VIP level and so on. As for whether the VIP level is 0 or 20, I do agree the service should be the same as bad service to someone who hasnā€™t put a cent in the game is a damn well certain method to keep it that way and from paying players by the looks of it.

What is glossed over is guild bundles are included as well. If a member of my guild bought each pack, its not one mail for 7 keys, its 3 separate entries. Same for factions and pet upgrading. I donā€™t think these guys should get flak for essentially doing too well nor get extra treatment. I do think they should get FAIR treatment, which is the 1500 gems which as I said before, is no small thing if we value it the same as the devs.

As I said, the forum is a minority, and if basically we didnā€™t know, I guran-*****-tee, the average player doesnā€™t. It may be rare, but it sure as heck isnā€™t fair. Forget the pc vs console, payer vs free to players, guild 1st vs guild 76th, and especially not devs vs the player base. It isnā€™t right because penalizing players for the fundamental basics of the guild system in working together is unacceptable. In a future update, if tasks from the same general type (faction, LT, pet, guild pack) are consolidated until opened, it would most certainly fix this issue.

While this is an oversight, the devs donā€™t have a luxury of resources themselves but all this infighting is sure as hell getting us nowhere and putting blame on people for not getting mail or doing too many tasks is missing the point.

TLDR: No one should be punished for being helped out by a guildmate. Otherwise, it further incentivizes hoarding gold for oneself towards gold keys or not buying guild packs.

7 Likes

You and also maybe @Jonathan read my opening post wrong (probably because of my English), The GW reward mail stay in mailbox at least 6 days (if not moreā€¦but 100% sure its not for just 1 or 2 days). What happened is something different: We completed many Legendary tasks the 1st 2 days of the week and when mailbox had 100 mails, then mail 101 replaced mail 1, and then mail 102 replaced mail 2, etcā€¦
As the GW reward of 1500 gems was one of the 1st mail received on Monday, it got deleted.
The problem is that nowhere in the game its stated that mail 101 will delete mail 1 and so onā€¦in fact the most logical guess of how this limit of 100 would work is to think that when there is 100 mails in mailbox then mails 101, 102,ā€¦ cannot be added anymore.
This whole system of limit of 100 mails is not explained in a clear way which makes it even worse to refuse him his 1500 gems.

6 Likes

Sirrian might as well fire Cyrup and the rest of ā€˜customer no-supportā€™ because they officially do nothing now except send automated emails saying it would not be fair to other players blah blah blah.

@slumzee try filing a complaint with Microsoft, if youā€™ve been a Live member for years and spend money (which you do) they will investigate. Tell them you are owed $100 in in game currency and they refuse to compensate you.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree with this, imagine being taken for $100 by any other business and just accepting it, get on to Microsoft immediately and demand your rightful compensation.

1 Like

Did you even read Sirrians reply?

It takes a long time to deal with these requests and with the amount of them support was spending most of their time dealing with these.

Do you really want support to spend most of their time dealing with mistaken/false with a few legit requests for compensation and have everyone else needing support have to wait weeks?

What do you expect Microsoft to do when he paid no real money for that item?

He wasnā€™t taken for $100 he didnā€™t pay for those gems it was a free in game item.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s what support is for, if they canā€™t be bothered over missing 1500 gems ($100 in game currency) then we donā€™t need them.

And at VIP 13 he has paid a lot of cash through Microsoft to gems of war and yes he can get a refund through MS. If he were a mobile player and bought through the google play store he could complain to them and google does give refunds.

1 Like

I think it sucks your buddy missed the rewards and I also donā€™t know why they canā€™t make it so they donā€™t expire but I also think it is what it is.

Since I have been playing (which is only a short time) the reward mail has always expired after 24 hours. Iā€™ve known this because it always pops up when I check my in game mail. I always work around it. I knew this going in when I first started playing the game and I know this now so if I missed any rewards itā€™s on me. Itā€™d be awesome if they change it but I donā€™t see how itā€™s on them if I decide to spend time with my family instead of playing their game. Thatā€™s just my take on it.

1 Like

I literally have spent thousands on xbox. And continue to do so. So I will contact Microsoft about this. Poor judgment from the devā€™s to not refund the the lost gemsā€¦ its gonna cause them alot of money loss.
I have put in 3 tickets. so they have already wasted there time and money looking into this. With no refund in sight.

3 Likes

Sorry I disagree, if $100 of in game currency is the reward for being first in gw and heā€™s then denied that reward through no fault of his own, he has been taken.

Itā€™s without question that he was a member of the Thieves and that he didnā€™t receive the reward so just give the guy his gems.

2 Likes