[Reported] Campaing task reset 17 january 2023

Wow, you so morally upright and all around superior, I should feel quite cowed.

Only not.

There are reason why I chose to buy super duper campaign passes.

The first is, I’ve been away from the game for LONG. Years. Power Orbs and whatnot help me to realign with my Guild, even if they are super nice about me missing essential troops for war.

The second, I like to support a game that I like.

Neither choices allow you to lecture me or the dev to make a joke of my financial support.

Peace out.

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

The development team is still trying to locate the cause of this issue and apply a fix so it doesn’t happen again. Once the fix has been applied we’ll be working on getting compensation sent out.

When I have any further updates I’ll post them here.

Thank you all for your continued patience

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

9 Likes

Hey Gman - So does this mean we’re all cool to complete these new tasks and collect the rewards (if we have the $10 pass)?

2 Likes

Please let us know if that’s ok. I really want to push that button!!

Looking forward to the 50 gems :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I really want the extra stuff, but more than that, I just want to do what’s right by the devs. We all know they feel it’s ‘exploiting’ a glitch, but I think this one’s fair game. We just have different perspectives. I just wish they understood the thrill and excitement of extra rewards dangled in front of me. Goodies. Forbidden goodies!! Even more tempting! Easiest path forward is to just make sure every gemmer gets the extra round of 1000-1200 rewards. I think it’s the easiest fix, most acceptable to all involved, and I really doubt it would cost them anything in terms of hurt future sales at all.

1 Like

Call me cynical but I think they will let people get the extra’s. However they will not announce this until it is no longer able to be obtained (reset on Monday). This mitigates the ‘loss’ as some will be cautious and others won’t know. I mean it can’t take a week to decide it players can or can’t even if a fix will take longer. Because it’s now COB Friday.

i stupidly posted this in the wrong section this morning before coffee :rofl:

its no longer about the compensation or that others got what they didnt pay for. its now about owing up to what they did and making sure it doesnt happen again. I would like to see the dev team not enter the “oh shit” mode and act oblivious. there have been many Many questions posed to the devs which have either been lied about, (no auto bans) ignored, (duration between events), or straight up dismissed (TW not accurate).

i get that the devs here are not the programmers but they are the customer facing staff that represent IP2. part of their job is to take the criticism of their companies failings. Please note i am not saying they should have to deal with abuse this is diferent from being called out.

People who farmed GAP when it released got to keep everything. Granted, the “error” of GAP being able to loop infinitely was due to an oversight, not a bug, but its impact for those who farmed it was far greater than this campaign mess-up. We still see the effects of that GAP issue to this day as some players still have a massive quantity of verses farmed during that time, as well as vault keys and a variety of other resources.

I don’t believe there’s any way the devs could justify punishing players who use/abuse this bug. It’s not exactly something you have to seek out with malicious intent. It’s affecting everyone who opens the campaign menu.

3 Likes

Thats me. I am sat on 41 palooza, though i didnt fully abuse that Thursday. But wish i did

5 Likes

I got to farm some, but not farming the crap out of GAP that day is my biggest regret :joy:

5 Likes

It wasn’t an error, it was an officially intended and promoted feature. The Community Manager even streamed a preview of GaP where she showed you would get more verses from a run than required for the next one, then encouraged players to do the same. Of course players farmed and got to keep everything.

6 Likes

Exactly, it still surprise me that they did not expect the matchs/ gap that we would end on getting. Everything was working as intented, they were just not ready for what we would be able to accomplish.

The saddest part of it, since then, they try to slow us down, but end up really hurting those who would love to just do this event. Most of us, who were there the first thursday, already have everything we need.
A bit off topic, sorry for that, but I still believe that this first gap is a turning point for the worse.

5 Likes

i am going to go to 1200 points only by doing only the 4x 3point tasks that i had left , by just playing the game other tasks are filled but not collecting on them only going to collect on what is owed to me b/c of elite pass plus i bought. I dont cheat in this game or any game i play i hate who does, i hate hackers too. they ruin it for so many. and you better not ban me. anybody that knows me in any game they know i help where i can to all players. Also you all in gow development should get program proof readers b/c there is no quality control. I love this game when it works right , its relaxing but when it dont work right its frustrating to say the least. I know a lot about program codes and know how they are written so mistakes can come real fast if you dont take the time to go over every new additional part of the program by proof reading them before you release a new part of the game. And sometimes a programmer has to go back into older codes to see if the new code disturbs an old part.

1 Like

How I read this is:

We don’t really know how to run a game or compensate players for this mess. Let alone the recent bugs/errors in the past.

7 Likes

I broke on Thursday and decided to finish all the tasks. If I get banned for this it will be just the kick I need to start playing more other games again. Honestly, I think they should just give people who bought the elite pass a free regular campaign pass for next round. It’ll keep them playing for another 3 months at least, and they’ll probably upgrade to elite again.

3 Likes

If they actually cared that people did these tasks, they would have had the response time they did with the Dungeons.

They’re going to sweep this under the rug and pretend it never happened. Faster than actually fixing anything.

10 Likes

Yeah, this one is a bit odd. They are usually all over fixing anything related to monetization faster than any other response, even gameplay being broken or players being banned erroneously. I’d guess the solution to this is too hard to fix/rollback and parse who got what than it is to not address it, go dark on the forums, and hope the problem goes under the radar until weekly reset when the campaign ends. That way it mitigates some of the damage by not drawing more attention to it.

The silence, as has been mentioned by many others, from the community team on practically anything related to the “extra” gnome event, broken campaign, constant android image issues, etc for the past week or so has been interesting. Jeto is still posting the new event articles, GMan has responded to a few bug reports, but absolutely no one has addressed the mountain of responses to various things transpiring lately. I can’t tell whether it’s out of embarrassment, hostility, or circling the wagons against the community, but it isn’t a good look.

It’s always one step forward, two steps back from an open line of communication and transparency point of view. It’s like they keep re-realizing good communication is the correct approach, but when something invariably blows up due to bugs, miscommunication, or whatever, and things get hard, then they default into treating the customers as the enemy with silence at the worst times. This is different from not chumming the waters when people are upset about the latest shitshow. People get angry and frustrated when they feel like they are shouting into the void. I worked in customer service and retail for over a decade, and most of the time people just want to be acknowledged and feel heard with actual empathy. They are (mostly) understanding on the limitations a frontline worker has to make broader changes, but being a consistent part of the community and having an advocate for the community in the company to accurately and effectively reflect their issues is how you do this.

21 Likes

do they have specific responsibilities?
before it was Kafka who handled customer relations, and they said 2 weeks or so ago that they were sick.

could it be as simple as that?

article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408

7 Likes