Rage quit the map!

This is a funny little request i have, that i do not think is well good but i will request it anyway so here goes.

I want a quit button that activates the treasure hunt end screen sequence. Hitting the button will make you lose the remaining turns you have and end the treasure hunt game right then and there and do the clean-up and tally and shows you what you earned.

Why is this a good idea, in life you can stop digging for treasure and call it a day, and most do after finding a bit of loot. This should fix how players see maps as for those with too many maps they can use the map, take a few turns then rage quit to get their rewards.

How to implement, Change the retreat button to act as an immediate way to lose all turns to trigger the map game to end itself and tally rewards.

Pros, the games will be faster

Cons, players who end the game before 15 turns will not get trait stones, because of obvious reasons.

What does everyone think of this idea, is it as bad as i think it is, or is it actually good?

20 Likes

Actually I think it’s a wonderfull idea!
Now I would use this pile of maps I have without the problem of waistung time and get about 600-700 gold from each. Damn that’s a lot of gold.

3 Likes

Gold and souls, maps sometime contain bags on the first screen.

While the ‘abuse’ potential (because it’s not really abuse?) to min-max 60 turn maps only is there…

At the same time, a bug-out option would be good. Say you need to leave and you have over 100 turns done and too many left.

3 Likes

Good idea! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@killerman3333 you said something sensible again… please stop, it’s shaking my established world-view…

8 Likes

i like.
i normally wouldnt quit th but what if i just farmed a really long treasure hunt and then suddenly life happens and i g2g, would love to be able to still collect it.

1 Like

I like this idea

1 Like

Only problem might be the whiners who “accidentally” end a map too soon.
But I think it’s an amazing idea exactly because of life interfering.

2 Likes

Great idea! Not to mention, the quit button can be in the same place as the retreat button for battles, that way there can be no way to accidentally hit it.

2 Likes

Lol, that’s why I like him so much. You can never predict what he’s saying and what is happening afterwards. :grin:

1 Like

Actually there is a retreat button and i want it to be changed to collect for treasure hunt. This would make it so that someone can not “Accidentally hit it”

i think this would be awesome - sometimes i too have life issues, and when i get back to my computer, gemsofwar is black and yes i can still click on stuff but not sure what. so this would be awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Being able to start and quit before making a move, even for a paltry amount of gold, would be kinda nice. Since I have 1300+ maps

2 Likes

One thing to note with this is the comparison of it being a nerf or a buff to maps.
Maps used to have 15 turns and 20% less rewards
Maps now have 8 turns and 20% more rewards than their 15 turn version.
Rage quitting the map depending on version could be seen as an avoidable nerf, or an amazing buff.

@Sirrian @Nimhain What do you think of this feature, is it something that would be benefitial to the game, or would it hurt more than it would help?

Wouldn’t it just be better for everyone if you could activate a reward multiplier by using multiple maps in an individual game?

3 Likes

That would require more coding i would beleive then just causing the one button to activate the reward sequence.

2 Likes

I still want this! @sirrian @Nimhain can i get your thoughts on my idea, seeing as your crew is away on vacation? How hard or easy would it be to implement, and would it by chance cause any bugs?

1 Like