Queen Mab, The Goddess

Thank you @Sirrian. I love that approach you’re taking.

This is my favorite thing.

3 Likes

Big hypocritical words @Machiknight

http://imgur.com/gFD5o

Let’s try to stay civil here, please. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I’d rather we focus on issues (as it were) than individuals.

4 Likes

If I were to tweak it, I would say make the extra turn a little harder than arcane. Just my opinion without having all the data they do.

My apologies. I rescind my earlier statements, it’s unfair and uncalled for to act that way. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I hope they show us more of those charts!

I rarely comment in NERF blah blah blah posts because I find the “arguments” and even occasional ad hominem nonsense rather distasteful. But I wanted to mention that I think your statement very encouraging.

I sincerely appreciate your endeavoring a counterplay approach instead of following the nerf first and ask questions later forum meta into which we seem to have fallen.

5 Likes

Keeping the Extra Turn means the developers fully intended for the player to receive near-infinite looping while preventing the AI from having any itself.

@Sirrian You’d probably need Maw’s Trait to be 5% to fully counter the broken 5-match glitch. Three 5-matches is anywhere from 3 to 6 hits currently

If we want to go the counter path, we could just get a troop that damages a troop based on target’s magic + mana drains.

I think the only thing I’m taking away from this is that Sirrian’s post is blue…

2 Likes

Even though most of my losses this week were at the hands of Mab, I still don’t mind seeing her on a defense or avoid facing her, the way I do with Maw. I’m still in favor of scrapping Maw’s third trait entirely, but I’m glad the devs are at least taking a look at fixing it. Mab may be the most powerful (non-broken) troop in the game, but I don’t think she needs a nerf.

(For the record, I am using her on my current defensive team, but not on my primary offensive team, which is based around Morthani’s Scythe.)

Maw and Mab are different troops so it’s not positive and negative comments cancelling each other out.

Thank you for commenting on the possible changes to Mab and Maw. I’m really happy to see your 3rd point. I think counters are far superior to nerfs so that people can make their own choices about what troops to play and what strategies to use. I’m also happy to hear that your dev team only places weight on actual data not the latest cries of the nerf brigade.

2 Likes

Mainly because it’s a random-split spell, so it only adds one point of damage to the entire enemy team, rather than adding 4 (one to each enemy)

Appreciate your insight here. The problem with the Maw is that devouring ability as it is way over-powered. It is too much of a game-changer. This combines the ability to take out a full-strength troop in one shot with the ability to increase your own. No other attack does that in the game. There are a few that can take a full strength troop out like death mark (maybe), one hero weapon can (maybe) and one of the cats uses opponent’s health and may take one out. Devouring does. It’s overpowered on that basis by itself.

People write about counters, but if the line-up has the Maw and an enabled Mercy your counter MUST fire in your first or second turn (maybe) or you get a troop devoured and it’s 3 against 5; essentially game over. Any victory beyond that is pure luck.

As a player I can withstand any other nasty thing that troops can do in the game if the computer happens to fire them first and still have a reasonable chance of winning, unless the computer gets real lucky. Devouring is something I can’t chance particularly when it’s automatic. The contest strategy revolves around the need to take the Great Maw out first. Nothing else really matters. That takes the fun away from the game, because there are essentially no other potentially winning tactics in a contest.

Now if to devour the troop it had to be below a given total combined armor and health (say 25), that would help bring it into balance particularly if only one attribute of the devoured troop (or a portion of it) was added to the Maw instead of all four.

I don’t waste my time against those line-ups (Great Maw with enabled Mercy). Occasionally I will fight a line-up that has a Maw as the first when there is no enabled Mercy (or other similar supporting troop) and there’s time to take it out first before it can earn the 24 mana points needed.

1 Like

Assuming Mab does get nerfed with arcane spirit disappearing, all we’re going to see is an increase in maw/mercy or crimson bat decks. Maw is still very powerful with just it’s spell + skull generator (getting it to 40ish damage per attack) so that’s strong even without the 3rd trait though can be dealt with by having 2 people with stone skin. Problem is that the person using Maw still has 4 people to use, along with mercy. Developers say they are creating a way to fight against maw but unless it’s cards that can prevent devour, I don’t see much happening.

1 Like

I think Epics and Legendaries should have a limit of one per Team. Most are named and unique and not “generic” like the other rarity classes.

EDIT: one COPY of a particular Epic/Legendary, not one overall

2 Likes

Mab has only been in existence for two weeks. Most players only traited her this week, because the stones are available right now.

And yet, for some reason, a lot of people insist that the only reason why anyone would be so fascinated by their shiny new toy is because… it’s game breaking.

Like, have you given a child a toy? What do children do with toys? They play with it to the exclusion of all else for a little while, get bored, throw it in the pile, and demand something new.

And we are all children at heart, my friends. We are all children at heart.

Last week Jarl was my shiny new toy. He set everything on fire! Wooooooo, that was great. The Jarl team I used was every bit as fast and effective as my Mab deck, but I cast him aside the second I got my hot little hands on those spirit stones because… new! New is fun!

Half of these arguments are completely, completely missing the point. “Everyone’s using Mab!” … well, yeah, duh. SHINY NEW TOY.

5 Likes

This would be great actually, forces a lot of team diversity. Though of course the community would push against it heavily because a lot of people run multiple legendarys in their decks. Perhaps make another game mode for it specifically, or just make ranked require you to have only 1 legendary, and you can use w/e in casual?