Queen Mab, The Goddess

I think it is about that time that we consider nerfing Queen Mab. Her damage output is absolutely ridiculous. A simple fix as changing her Arcane trait to Water Spirit would greatly reduce how powerful she is. I got my first lose this week, but nearly didnโ€™t by doing a 1v4 Queen Mab against a triple devour Great Maw (1 ability, 2 skulls):

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Also, Great Maw needs a nerf too, but that is another topic. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Queen Mab is going to be nerfed to the ground before Consoles even get her :frowning:

I mostly want her for her 3rd trait anyway to combine with jarl and maybe moloch somehow.

Nice game but sadly maw canโ€™t reload his mana after he casts his spell. Wonder if they altered once per game to do that as a kind of nerf. Would it be a nerf if this was the case. Would that make mana burn even better?

I say remove her Extra Turn. Completely Freezing the enemy while gaining infinite turns is game-breaking. Sheโ€™s mowerful than all the Goblins combined

2 Likes

Yeah please nerf her, i am not comfortable with a viable non true damage AoE team. For AoE it has to be Crimson Bat and only Crimson Bat!..

3 Likes

I feel like removing her arcane would make her an essentially useless legendary at higher levels especially with other AOE true damage legendaries (that can also create mana and heal themselves depending on which ones). While itโ€™s true she can become very strong, if youโ€™re running the queen mab deck that you always suggest (Sooth/Sooth/Valk/Queen or Sooth/Queen/Valk/Queen) then you had quite a few turns of building her up to get her to that one shot potential, which is kind of the point of any arcane trait caster. I wouldnโ€™t say that a case where you sacrificed 3 cards and multiple turns (plus damage on queen) to get a large aoe off is a good example for a reason of nerfing her.

Anyway, with cards like crimson bat and maw existing, itโ€™s just going to be a jump from 1 card to the next for what needs nerfing. There are quite a few cards that need nerfed if weโ€™re truly trying to make a level playing field, and even then itโ€™s not level cause human vs ai.

The best I would say to do is drop her extra turn because with valkyrie and a pretty easy setup, you can get her spell off twice in a single turn, sometimes even getting her mana full again before the AI has a chance to react.

I love Mab just the way she is.

8 Likes

Yeah, Mab is somewhat ok. But Maw is OP!!!

1 Like

What have you done?! Put it back from whence it came. You have doomed us all!!!

1 Like

:imp: Mwahahaha

1 Like

Easiest minor nerf, perhaps, is to to increase the number of blue on the board needed for an extra turn?

1 Like

I donโ€™t own Mab, but you can counter her when I play against it, thatโ€™s why Iโ€™m saying itโ€™s ok.
On the other hand Maw is a beach :slight_smile: when paired with Alchemist or Mercy.

Maybe start with increasing extra turn to 12 or more blue.

I think I should add a โ€œNERF XYZ KTHXโ€ bingo board to my website.

3 Likes

make her AOE do mana burn + half her magic. The arcane is fun with aoe, seeing how much you can boost it.

Wish mana burn took away mana as well. Use mana for fuel to burn opponent.

Her spell really doesnโ€™t need any extra components. It does enough as is.

7 Likes

if you nerf her i want a 50 dollar refund from last weeks bundle

9 Likes

No refunds for attempted P2W :stuck_out_tongue:

If taking away her Extra Turn โ€œbreaksโ€ her for you, then you clearly completely rely on her to win matches with this unbalanced feature. Sheโ€™d still be really powerful without Extra Turns.

2 Likes

I paid for shergga when I first started playing and after her nerf the developers were kind enough to take her back and give me another useable troop, so there is a chance you can get a little relief