Queen Mab, The Goddess

I also think she’ll be left alone since she’s been out a whole of 2 weeks now? Maw has been around for a lot longer and still is untouched. Let her breathe some. Who knows what else will come that will change what works.

6 Likes

Poor Mab.
Give the girl some time to shine. I don’t understand it myself. I just beat a team with 2 traited Mabs without a Mab in my team.
Still seeing a lot more teams exploiting Maws bug :rage:

@Justakid yep my son bought Mab and he will certainly want his $50 back. Saved his pocket money for two months and that’s what he blew it on.

8 Likes

Mabs strength is not on a defend team but on an attack team. She is really broken and I know this to be true as I always seek to use the least effort/best reward team I can find and Gorg/Mab/Valk/Mab is that current team.

My two cents, I agree Mab is a bit OP. I don’t even have her third trait and she can spank enemy teams. That said I don’t think she needs a heavy nerf. She only does massive damage if the enemy team has a lot of mana buildup, which puts you at risk for enemy spells. And there are definitely other invade teams that have super high success rates; frankly it does have a lot to do with human v. AI. So while I do think Mab will need a nerf (maybe even a higher mana requirement), it probably should wait until the meta has time to adjust.

I think what really needs to happen is for the AI to get good enough that it doesn’t do outright stupid things like transform gems without getting a 4/5 match. In a human v.human match, I think Mab could be very effectively countered, but that does us no good at the moment.

1 Like

I’m going to agree with the original post. Mab has many powerful abilities at her disposal, but Arcane’s probably the biggest game-changer that encourages heavy looping.

This way she’d remain viable for late-game looping, but isn’t so quick to single-handedly dominate once she’s left alone.

I’ve been saying this for a while now. NEVER put Arcane on an AOE troop. She’s the only one who has it, and she has too many other things going for her. Her sole saving grace is that the AI isn’t guaranteed going to abuse her like a player can.

If there is no intention to nerf her directly, I’m going to be a bit upset. $50 bundles or not. Even just a minor nerf, as simple as raising the 10 blues to 12 or something! Just make it not so eeeeeasy.

Hasn’t escaped my notice that all three of the latest kingdoms have had scary-overpowered legendaries. (Well, and Borealis…)

2 Likes

Is there a reason why the imps don’t factor in to this argument? I feel like gaining magic on 4-5 matches is potentially a stronger trait than arcane (there will generally always be more matches than spells in a game).

But the imps don’t seem to cause concern. Anyone want to explain this for me?

3 Likes

@Personette
Shoosh you :wink:
I’m running a winter/mab combo in one of my teams. :smiling_imp:

Because the Imps’ abilities do split damage, and magic gain on them isn’t that scary. Plus their damage isn’t already stupid like Mab’s is, and their effects aren’t anywhere near as strong (with the possible exception of Spring which is neat).

Furthermore, don’t see Imps anywhere near as much.

3 Likes

But on the other side of that coin the ones that did buy the bundles will be upset if she is indeed nerfed. They can and do nerf troops all of the time, give us the opportunity to get out souls and stones back that we used on said troop. That’s all fine and good but this doesn’t put the money back into our pockets when these nerfs happen. Let us not forget that these bundles that people are buying is a big reason why this game has grown as much as it has. If they keep nerfing troops after people have spent their hard-earned money on them ,then we will get more and more apprehensive about paying anymore money. I think that we can all agree what will happen to the game if and when this ever happens.

6 Likes

The Devs just made a troop that is good and that many players payed 50$ to obtain. I havent lost any games against Mab teams, so the CPU doesnt use her on her fullest, so I guess I am not the only one of high level that has not much problems against her. When that is said, low level players might have some problem to battle her, but also along many other troops, but in the end I think most would find a way to take her down, with the correct build against.

So the Devs has made a troop that is fun and very good for Humans to use, and quite the opposite for CPU. Still people scream nerfing? I would had understood the screams of nerfs a little better if computer was mastering Queen Mab quite well generally, but that is not the case.

5 Likes

Ah, so the imps only gain +1 damage to the spell with each match, so you’d need four 4/5 matches to equal one click of Mab’s arcane?

Though I suspect that’s still comparable. The ramp up may be slower but not THAT much slower. Hard to say, since I’ve only just got the Winter Imp traited and haven’t used him much yet.

Mab’s damage isn’t that impressive on her first few casts, if her enemies are low on mana.

I believe the argument is that winning with Mab is too easy and so the troop should be nerfed on principle. So that we don’t forget what it means to struggle for our fake computer gold, like we’re meant to.

1 Like

The winning rate for humans generally is above 90% in invading battles, with or without Queen Mab in the team, so it doesnt makes it easier. It might make it a faster win tho, but I believe there is a few teams that is likely fast to use as Mab-teams.

2 Likes

This made me laugh out loud. It’s sad that it seems to be true. I’m really curious why there are people that care how easy a fight is or is not for another player on invades. If a person personally thinks Mab is too easy to use for invades and that person wants more of a challenge, they could simply not use Mab and use troops they think aren’t “broken”.

3 Likes

Whats the point of a leaderboard if everyone is winning 90% of the time? You are also losing 90% of the time. What’s the point of a def team in the first place?

Maybe they care cause some feel that if they’re level 800 or higher, their team shouldn’t lose to anyone level 200 or lowrr and if a troop lets the lowbies win then it must be overpowered and nerfed.

Maybe.

I think leave arcane but remove extra turns or make it harder to get them. It slows her down enough, that the impact of arcane is lessened.

It looks to me like the leaderboard is about who plays the most games. But anyway, before Mab arrived, people had huge win rates on invades. If they nerf her, people will build other teams that have similar high win rates. This is especially true for people over level 500.

3 Likes

Very true.

Yet if they fix Maw and Mab, what’s the meta then?

Part of it is easy wins and the leaderboards, part of it is seeing the same defense team MORE than half the time. Consoles don’t have these Troops and the variety of teams is huge. You actually have to Scout and change teams. Winning at over 90% is fine by me when there is variety.

The current meta on PC right now promotes staleness, provides easy wins, eliminates skill and is making PvP boring. All of these things hurt the game’s longevity and will cause players, especially new ones, to quit.

However, since GoW is gradually slipping towards a P2W model, maybe this is intentional on the development side.

1 Like