Queen Mab, The Goddess

I’m not sure about there being as much variety on consoles. Goblins and Knights are a large majority of what I see (easily 75% of what I have to face). Fey and Dragons are the next 2 common ones though far less than the above. While I do see “different” ones, by in large I see the same teams quite often.

And between the 2 I do find the pc PvP to be way more interesting and the rewards more exciting than the console grind which will still have many months to catch up.

You listed 4 types of builds while suggesting there are more.

PC is currently 60-75% the same 2 builds.

Sounds like variety to me

No I said 2 builds take up 75% of what I see with 2 more taking up most of the rest.

Thing is on pc, I have a choice of 3 matches at a time. While the rewards may not be worth some of those matches, I do see quite a bit more there than simply what the top tier talk about.

Now I know between you and the Mrs you probably have a different experience than I do. But from my experiences, console is far more repetitive

1 Like

I am level 360+ and I’m lucky if I face Maw even once a day (I’ve played 20 games today, 1 Maw, 7 goblins, 1 Mab, 3 Gorgotha, 2 Infernal King/Shergga, and the remaining where composed of 2nd rate cakewalk teams)
I always face the 3 trophy team except when the revenge is in play (2 revenges today worth 2, none were the easy choice)
I’ve checked this info by checking my battle log and I’m consistently scratching my head as to people claiming they see Maw everywhere, where I usually face between 1-3 and they don’t alway have their traits
Is it my level? Or perhaps have I just been dodging the bullet

2 Likes

I see Goblins a decent amount but the only Knight that is commonly used is Knight Coronet.

Dragons, Fey, Venoxia/Webspinner, Jarl teams, Bone Dragon, Luther builds, etc. are all prominent on Consoles. There are others, but I’d just be reinforcing my argument even more

Like I said our experiences are different cause I get goblins every other match still.

It’s probably your level. My friend that is in the 600s sees mostly some version of a Maw team. I’ve watched him cut through Maw after Maw after Mercy Maw. Then, I see him fight some Mabs in between.

Now, I’m around level 155, and I see mostly stinking, annoying goblins with the occasional Maw team or Mab team. Then, there is a small percentage of other teams.

1 Like

1 thing I see a lot of is @Justakid. I beat him, he revenged me, I revenged him, he revenged me again, and I’m about to return the favor again.

2 Likes

Well I DO PvP 2-3x more than you :wink:

We will have to agree to disagree buddy :v:

2 Likes

I agree with @shimrra and @tacet in that Mab is just too good… Playing with her is basically easy mode…

With minimal set-up, two Mabs and casting a Valkyrie you can easily pull off 2-4 consecutive Mab casts while holding the turn.

I’d suggest all of the following:

• lose Arcane (way too much on an AoE troop as I have said elsewhere)
  • give her Magic/2 scaling not Magic scaling, the same as Crescendo has (and as all AoE really should have but that’s a different thread…)
  • tick up the extra turns to 11 blues not 10

With all of that she’d still be a powerful legendary, but more situational. Her spell should be Mana Burn, with a little core damage, not huge AoE with a little Mana Burn on the side.

Her third trait is cool, annoying, and strong. She gets to keep that, at the balancing cost of making sure her spell doesn’t trivialise the game.

5 Likes

This is an interesting perspective. Creating a strong troop on purpose, grab the money and nerf it later on. I can’t believe someone would do that, so let’s assume they are just bad at designing, testing and don’t learn from mistakes.

If you ask me, i’m fed up with this nerf cycle thing (and bugs). Remember the words “We promise to do better” after the Dust Devil saga?

3 Likes

@Jainus

You made 2 nerf suggestions up above that I agree with you half way, in my opinion changing Mab’s spell to scale off of half magic and change her 2nd trait from arcane, is a bit too harsh, I think one or the other would more than suffice (maybe it the part of me that uses her thinks this) I think it would be best to let her keep arcane but implement the half magic scale as it would take 2 spell casts to net 1 additional damage and Crescendo goes up an entire 1 true damage on every cast.
I would ideally like to see her left alone especially since she’s not a huge threat on defense (in my opinion) but if I had to choose a nerf for her I would not enact both of your suggestions (I am ok changing the extra turn to 11-12 if needed though)

2 Likes

That’s fair…

Maybe because not everyone has a big variety in legendaries and their levels? For example, the top player is running Bone Dragon/Shadow Dragon/Sheggra/Queen Mab which is obviously not a normal build (he might not be running this on offense admittedly).

Seriously?
“Maw is too hard, game is broken!”
“Mab is too easy, game is broken!”
Positive and negative cancelling each other out, game fixed…?
Nothing to see here…

4 Likes

Based on the above suggestions: I would keep Arcane, have the AoE scale to 1/2 magic and perhaps change extra turn to either 11 or 12 blue. This would still make her feel like a Legendary IMHO.

In fact all AoE spells should scale off 1/2 magic and this is coming from a guy who was part of the Peasant pitchfork brigade when the beloved Crimson Bat was about to receive that adjustment. In retrospect I would have learned to adapt with Sirrians initial change during the switchover to Ghulvania week. Perhaps give his base magic a bit of a boost to not have it hurt so much :wink:

best thing ive heard in ages, zach!

I still don’t understand why this conversation even exists really. Yes, she IS strong, but only on offense, so what?

Running basically the same team but with bat instead of mab:

Sooth
Valk
Bat
Bat

Wins just as often, and at almost the same speed, yet there was nobody complaining this hard about the bat before mab.

Sure the extra turns are different, but still my point stand. You think she is too OP? Don’t past with her, play another build that will probably be just as powerful and fast.

9 Likes

And by the way, you know what happens when troops become “situational” ?

They never get used.

4 Likes

Quite some good points by you Machinknight. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like