Queen Beetrix is major op

Nerf, like, yesterday. It’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

People need to stop calling for things to get nerfed as 99% of the time it’s over-reactionary. There are plenty of tactics in the game that can counter every other thing, including Beetrix. I suggest looking into Curse, Freeze, focus firing on QB immediately before it gets rolling, etc. And remember, there is no such thing as a single team in this game that can run over everything thrown at it. You have to actually plan on how to counter difficult enemy troops. There are over a thousand troops in this game, plenty of options.

30 Likes

Personally I’m not opposed to nerfing genuinely overpowered cards, but I don’t think Bee is one of them. Strong yes, and features in meta teams, but not that hard to counter so not OP in my book

1 Like

Honestly, having a team wide cleanse on extra turns that are typically generated by her cast is a bit OP. Some folks mention statuses for her, but unless you have a faster kill or reliable silence looping, like goblin teams with stringfiddler, you pretty much could have their whole team frozen, watch them cast and get an extra turn off their gem generation, which would cure and invalidate the freeze, curse, etc. She could use a tweak, but perhaps that lies more with fixing the AI making any gem spawns far more powerful for AI than the player. Can’t tell you how many times I’ll cast Queen Aurora for the 10 gems of any color, cast it on purple with 14 purples already present, then watch them pepper just right to give the AI 3 seperate extra turns on purple, solely because I was the player in that scenario.

The one thing I’d be inclined to do is to remove the “40% chance for an extra turn” language on her card. She’s quite likely to generate an extra turn independent of that for many of the teams on which we see her, so I don’t see why that needs to be topped up with additional chances.

And maybe the same with the “40% chance for half my mana back” because she can loop herself.

1 Like

Beetrix is just fine as she is. As others have commented, there are teams you can use to defeat her, and you generally are never surprised that she’s part of a battle. Set up several teams, and change them based upon your opponent.

7 Likes

I’m surprised this is still a topic with Elementalist hero class out.

5 Likes

Yep changing Bee when she’s one of the few defences against the (in my view genuinely OP) Elementalist class would suck

1 Like

I reckon Beetrix is pretty ridiculous in any scenario that does not involve Elementalist (going off correctly before its too late) or Obsidius. And not everyone wants to field Obsidius - to which I say tough, field Obsidius.

5 Likes

No to nerfing Queen B.

7 Likes

I can’t remember last time I lost to a Queen Beetrix team.

1 Like

In general, I say no to nerfing. If there weren’t so many trash troops/classes in the game, a particular troop/class wouldn’t appear OP. To be clear, I do not think anything is OP in the game right now. People just have to strategize to counter or simply skip the battle. If you have no desire to do that, why are you playing? If people keep asking for nerfs to good troops/classes, they will all suck and suck the rest of the fun out of this game (the devs are doing that just fine without your help).

3 Likes

That card doesn’t need nerfing. Its easy to counter.

LOL Nerf? There are tons of Troops that needs a buff first waaaaay before Queen Beetrix needs a nerf. LOL

6 Likes

Queen B is a mythic in all but name alone…as mentioned she can be hard countered more than ever now. There are 10 or so troops that are stupid OP. Heck I think empowered converters are a bigger issue than anything. If someone puts 2 on their team, there can be matches with nothing you can do period. At least with Queen B a bad start does not mean instant kill.

2 Likes

Even if she was ”op” she shouldn’t get nerfed. She’s easy to get and when u nerf things in a game u reduce its skill gap

1 Like

Do NOT nerf Queen Beetrix, it will affect the whole faction setup,

if you lose fights against teams with queen beetrix, you need to set up a better team, if you still can’t win, ask other players for more guidance.

Do not immediately ask devs to nerf a troop you couldn’t beat in pvp or in GW.

Beetrix is powerful but not overpowered.

1 Like

Do not touch my Beetrix! Yes, she’s powerful, and an incredible boon to low-level players – a complete (and needed!) game-changer.

If Beetrix is stunned, she can’t cleanse, so use Elementalist against her and try to get her stunned before she can cast. I think that goblins and Beetrix are the reason that Elementalist is so ridiculously-strong. The class is a hard-counter to these troops, thereby weakening them without actually nerfing the troops. Brilliant!

The fact that you’re using QA is more the issue here - sub optimal team use on your part simply makes your life harder.

1 Like

Beetrix is OP just as Elementalist.
I would more like to see buffs to the other troops, but lets be honest, it is easier to nerf one troop than reworking a hundred.
Mythic troops should be the strongest but from time to time there are legendaries which put them to shame. Beetrix, Yao Guai, Oneiros, and even epics, just look at Centuragon.
It is a shame I just collect most of the mythics and old ones too which are totally useless, like Fallen Valdis, skadi, grosh’nak mythics, and so many more.
So IMO if restoring balance means nerfing troops I am all for it.

3 Likes