Queen Beetrix is major op

Why reworking a hundred? I much more prefer to just buff a single troop, than nerf a single troop.

Cause most troops are weak or even useless.

well, be happy with just a single buff then, as they are rare as…

Are you wanting for all of them to be weak and useless?

4 Likes

Weird how some players want to nerf Beetrix, I assume because of her cleanse on 4+ matches. She can also loop, of course, creating 9 green and 9 brown gems (although creating 9 gems of a color isn’t guaranteed at all to loop. It’s a rather low end amount for looping).

Generally I think though it’s the cleanse people are upset about the most, which is interesting, because she isn’t immune to ANYTHING. You can stun her, freeze her, silence her, web her…

Meanwhile, Voice of Orpheus cleanses everyone just on yellow matches. One yellow match. Not a 4-match, just a yellow match. And he’s immune to all status effects, so outside of cursing him first, there’s no shutting down the cleanse.

With that in mind, I think what people are REALLY upset about… is that they can’t play against Beetrix without playing any counters.

3 Likes

It could be the looping mechanism; not only is it possible from her gem creation but her spell also gives her a 40% chance to generate an extra turn independent of everything else.

It could be the damage potential – she’s the only non-Mythic troop that deals damage that scales off of “Magic x 2” and it’s True Damage at that. It’s not quite as high potential as the handful of Mythics that can say the same (Megavore, Pan, TINA-9000), but it’s something that just isn’t very common in the game and therefore can jump out at people.

That all being mentioned, there are plenty of counters to Beetrix. More than dealing with an aggravation like a Hero using Life and Death, a weapon which does an awful lot of useful things as well and can be more of a headache to counter depending on how the Hero is configured.

Her damage is scatter damage though, so it’s being divided among all targets. If there are four enemies, you’re dealing (Magic*2)+6 / 4 to each enemy. At 45 Magic, that’s 24 true damage to all enemies.

For comparison, the Legendary Crimson Bat deals Magic+1 true damage to all enemies. Venoxia deals Magic+4 true damage to all enemies (and similarly creates 9 green+9 blue gems, and uses green mana, same 16 as beetrix as well). But Beetrix is from Delves and Venoxia and Crimson Bat aren’t, so she’s slightly more powerful as a Delve troop. Crimson Bat has 5 less magic than Beetrix, and Venoxia has 11 less.

Against 3 targets (and the same 45 magic on her), Beetrix would deal 32 damage to each target. That’s STILL less than Crimson Bat (41 to all) and Venoxia (38 to all). Only when Beetrix is fighting against one or two targets does her damage ramp up (48 and of course then the full 96 – but at that point it would be overkill).

The point is though that in two casts, Venoxia will deal 304 true damage total (76 to each), while Beetrix will only deal 192 (48 to each). So if you’re fighting against a team where each enemy has between 50 and 75 health, Venoxia would kill them all in two casts, but Beetrix would require 3 casts.

It does help though that she has a way to artificially increase her chances of getting another turn, whereas Venoxia has to rely only on gem matches. But Venoxia only has to get a second turn – Beetrix needs to get 3 turns.

Also worth mentioning is that Beetrix is classified as a Generator, so she only gains armor/life from her Elite Level upgrades. Mages for instance get 6 magic, would be 12 extra true scatter damage for her, not a small amount.

2 Likes

Yeah go away with that crap it’s stupid OP end of. Like LnD and EoE and many other’s that get overly used in PvP defence it’s stupid.

1 Like

Absolutely agree, I was wondering long time already why this shit broken card was never nerfed.
Broken ability, low mana cost, absolutely broken 3rd trait. Even if they removed her broken trait she would be still overpowered. Not to mention she is extremely boring to face and thats every 2 player in PvP. You let her live 2-3 turns and get full mana? well prepare to be looped til the end of match lmao, exciting and interactive gameplay.

3 Likes

Literally just stun and freeze her… oh look, there’s a class that can STUN and FREEZE a target at the same time! But y’all want to nerf things instead of learning how to play around them.

9 Likes

Yes I would like it more than a few troops being op so they dominate the game.
If every troop is on the same level that means balance, it doesn’t really matter if all are strong or all are weak.

1 Like

You just repeat the same thing like a broken record, “you can counter them”.
Yes of course she can be countered, but the biggest problem is that she have to be countered. You can’t have a gw day without facing her. Makes the game boring.

Compared to VoO, come on, VoO does normal dmg, boosted by mana, which is already broken. Costs 22 mana instead of 16. Can he loop? No! Can he get an extra turn? No!
A mythic which is must weaker than a legendary for similar purpose.
Her scatter dmg is a big bonus not a disadvantage, it scales extremely well as enemies die. On a single opponent she can do 100+ true dmg, show me one more troop which does 100+ true dmg to one troop and has so much beneficiary effects, cleans, mana gen, looping, extra turn.

3 Likes

So you want to play against troops that don’t have to be countered? Am I reading that correctly? The entire point of positive and negative effects is to counter troops…

On a single opponent she can do 100+ true dmg, show me one more troop which does 100+ true dmg to one troop and has so much beneficiary effects, cleans, mana gen, looping, extra turn.

As you mentioned, it’s not just on a single opponent. All other enemy troops have to have died first, which is not how scatter damage works. Furthermore, it’s true scatter damage. So let me put this into context:

• If Beetrix is the only enemy troop casting, all your troops are going to die at the same time, so her single target damage is irrelevant.
  • If another enemy troop is also casting, it needs to also be doing single target damage so that it can kill single targets before Beetrix does.
  • By your own admission, there are no other troops like Beetrix, so if someone is doing true damage to your troops and it isn’t Beetrix, they aren’t looping/getting extra turns. Venoxia can loop and do true damage, but it color blocks Beetrix and vice versa, so no one would run those two together.

Therefore, your point about Beetrix’s single target damage is irrelevant. Yes, she does a lot of single target damage. That’s how scatter damage works. But you know, for the sake of argument, let’s look at some other troops that deal TRUE DAMAGE in massive amounts and have similar gimmicky things like Beetrix:

Tesla deals true scatter damage boosted by ally and enemy armor. How much armor do you need to match Beetrix? He does 8 base damage, and scales at 4:1. To deal 100 true scatter damage, all ally and enemy troops would need to have a combined 368 armor. If you have 4 troops and the enemy has 4 troops, that’s 46 Armor per troop. Let me just start up a PvP game real quick…

Wow. That looks like overkill. That’s 67 true damage per enemy! That’s nearly three times more than Beetrix. Seems overpowered. Okay, time to soften them up a bit!

Hey, uh… I’m about to do 277 single target damage against this lone enemy troop. Seems pretty OP. Probably needs to be nerfed.

1 Like

Queen Beetrix is not OP. Or she’d be in every blue or green offense in GW and she’d be actively used.

2 Likes

No, I just don’t want to face beetrix 10 times out of 30 battles.
You can try to prove that Tesla is more op, but she do not cleanse and do not loop, and you have to carefully preserve the enemies’ armor or she becomes a dead weight.
I am pretty sure meeting Tesla in any pvp battle has a very low chance, yet she is OP (:rofl:)

3 Likes

I don’t want to face certain teams over and over and over again either as it gets boring. This is more of a function of people having no creativity in setting defend teams. They are ALL beatable. I’m in br2 and lost one battle last war (and it wasn’t to a Bee team). Ironically, I had Bee on my team and it wasn’t OP enough for me to win that battle. I’m not whining to the devs to affect the entire playerbase to make the game easier for me. A new meta will eventually emerge and everyone will use that and then people will whine about nerfing that. Can we stick to complaining about bugs??? That is where the devs need to focus.

9 Likes

To force people to be more creative in defense teams would require removing the extra turn functionality completely since that what is the base for looping teams (this my dream btw).
Also would require a better “AI” which can use teams not just the looping teams. If you watch carefully you can see that any advanced strategy team is useless in the hand of the AI and the CPU can only give you a hard time with some mindless looping teams like bee or truffle or the stupid books.
So def team recipe: freeze loop

2 Likes

If you think a troop is too strong, get hold of it and use it yourself.

Or build a better team. Or stop choosing the right-hand battle – you’re supposed to lose that one, from time to time.

More important, stop setting good defence teams!!!

You get more resources for losing on defence than winning, especially if people want to fight your team. So make it obvious, and get bonus Honour as well as more resources.

In short, the devs are guilty of a lot of things, but they’re not responsible for players not knowing how to play the game.

3 Likes

Please don’t nerf decent troops. Stun/deluge deals with QB, which we have on one class ready made…

We need all the cleanse options we can get in this game since Elementalist. Let’s get a brown troop that provides accessible cleanse before we take any more cleansing options away…

8 Likes

oh look there is one counter play against this bs - stun+freeze, it means she is well balanced
nice logic. Oh wait u are just abusing her over and over again so u got butthurt about the topic.

3 Likes