PvP points should be the same for everyone

I honestly do get your frustration and it may be different if i was 1500 + .

However, At the end of the day you have a massive advantage beating teams as you have every card with Max stats, teams are stronger and battles are quicker so it balances out. e.g. against lower levels rope dart team does one turn wins, so the only team that can reliably beat rope dart is one that also does one turn wins. and if you are doing one turn wins, then you can beat literally any team in the game regardless of how OP it is.

I’m not sure which way your are arguing here. Having every card in the game doesn’t provide a massive advantage, you can only run four within a team, and you don’t need more than one good team to win almost every match. You say that Rope Dart can win against any team, no matter how OP it is, so I don’t really understand your point about stronger and quicker battles. Note that the only “advantage” of a reasonably progressed level 1750 player over a level 1250 player tends to be 5 extra stat points on the hero and less than 1% extra mana surge chance.

1 Like

I accidentally used a team with three lvl 1 troops and a lvl 5 against a full power legendary team and I still won. There isn’t a reason why we should get less points for playing the same game in the exact same way. Its DISCRIMINATORY. Next it’ll be less points for using mythics or less points for having them. Or being born as the seventh month dies, I don’t know.

How about making it based on VIP level? Those with high VIP levels obviously have much more resources at their disposal, making them much tougher opponents, so fighting them should be worth much more points. Going against players with lower VIP levels is preying on the weak, so those fights should clearly be worth much less points. :smirk:

Disclaimer: No, I’m not being serious here, save your torches and pitchforks.

While I strongly believe PvP points need to be addressed, I actually disagree with the notion that having a significant advantage in a competitive mode due to efforts made in the past is appropriate – i.e. the “end-gamers have worked hard to get where they are and deserve to have an easier time in PvP” argument that’s come up several times on this topic.

Parity, though, I’m all for – and I think it really is just the matchmaking for those players in the last ~100-200 points of max team power, so ~13,400-13,600, that needs addressing. I start feeling it when we do LTs and I go up to ~13,290.

I don’t think it’s entirely unreasonable that lower level players be able to compete on the leaderboard, either – but again, with a re-addressed comparison of difficulty or improved availability of ‘difficult’ (very high team power) matches for endgame players.

Actually, that just kind of sums it up, really. Improved availability of difficult matches for endgame players. I think I’ve seen someone write it like that here, somewhere :stuck_out_tongue: maybe Slyp. It makes sense that there would be fewer opponents at that level, but it doesn’t make sense that those players aren’t able to compete for the PvP leaderboard, should they so choose, or have to work disproportionately harder for Tier 1 (and you can imagine this might be somewhat hidden, since they would most likely be putting in a lot of effort anyway, given their progress).

It especially seems like a solvable problem when you consider they had “fake” opponents for the rollout of the switch—why not populate the game with a few of these, for high-level players to have a high level opponent that is not always the same?

Even if they only had 2 dozen of these accounts the saturation point would be much improved.

Populate the game with a dozen accounts at every 25 levels of progress past 1200, though? Problem (probably) solved!

1 Like

That’s kind of exactly what I was thinking! Although I wasn’t sure how ideal a solution it would be given that the defences wouldn’t be player-set (and therefore not actually PvP, in this context). :thinking::man_shrugging:

Raise the minimum points for a 3t battle from 31 to 50. Problem solved.

1 Like

Playing a lot is not competition. Pvp is a boring grind fest for people with A LOT of time to kill. Should make everything actually competitive and stop making everything he who has the most time wins.

1 Like

I just realised that I was wrong re: there not being enough high Team Power defences to go around. I’d forgotten the exact contents of this post by Mithran, which I think sums it up alright:

This is his other post that I think provides a better solution than just making the 3T slot ~50 points without caring about how difficult the opponent is.

If you do that, I think end-gamers would have an unfair advantage (along the “I’ve worked hard for this and I deserve it” lines) compared to new players and everyone else, and it could shut newer players out of the (not particularly attractive) Leaderboard, or make them feel like the game is rigged against them for not already being end game.

Making the score range for opponents considered to be ‘worthy’ (and therefore with good Gold/Point payouts) as Mithran puts it, wider as your Max Power score increases, rather than a static number as he’s observed, might be a good option to help with this:

I also think that if Weapon upgrades and Hero Champion levels are going to impact team power scores as much as they do,

Then they should be more balanced.

For example, a Hero with Lightning Strike selected would have the same Power contribution as one with Elven Sentries – “All Elves gain 1 Magic and Attack at the start of a battle”.

The +9 on your Rope Dart, if you have it, contributes the same as the +9 on your Mang.

Otherwise, something more dynamic akin to what Slypenslyde suggested,

or perhaps a Global record with teams featuring 3 of the same troops,

might be more appropriate.

2 Likes

And you even got a pile of extra points from that large number of defense wins. Maybe they should start selling armor that reduces your level by 25%, 50% or 75%, bound to be a hot item for all those who play PvP. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Two of those folks are within 100 levels of me, it just makes no sense.

6 Likes

Same again.

1 Like

2 other things, apart from what has been mentioned in the thread (particularly def score bonus points) - players higher level with nearly 25% less matches and we have not done any LT yet…

I did run a quad mongo team for a number of battles and won comfortably with 3t battles. It was a challenge but certainly fun, I blame the alcohol at the time for the personal challenge :+1:

1 Like

Team score disparity depends a lot less on level disparity in the 1000+ range. 1 to 500 I believe is a couple thousand points, but I believe even 500 to 1000 is only a few hundred points. 1200 to 1300 is like 30 points, if that, which is less than an armor or life point upgrade from a kingdom or faction.

Also, you can just have matchmaking sometimes where you inexplicably only have lower score opponents the whole time based on whatever mystery factor they still roll into matchmaking instead of it just being score based. I will frequently have situations where I play PvP battles back and forth between two accounts and the lower level account with less bonuses is somehow getting matched with higher score opponents.

In the end, the bulk of the problem that would be immediately solvable in the short term is that matchmaking doesn’t give you appropriate opponents consistently enough. They exist, it just doesn’t give them to you consistently, and sometimes it seems determined to not give them to you consistently.

Long term, yeah, this system could use a revamp, possibly including flattening out the PvP point curve completely, modifications so “tough” teams are actually higher payouts in terms of gold, and a number of the other things suggested that would help here.

But matchmaking is an issue now:

My three trophy battle should never be within 10% gold payout of my absolute minimum, but it is just a common occurrence sometimes.

Versus this:

Wherein the three trophy is still 400 points below me, but the payouts creep much closer to acceptable. Not sure what criteria that 1900 point team got matched with me by, though, and honestly, that shouldn’t be happening either.

I’d show an image with high 50s PvP point payout fighting a team at about my score, but its so dang hard to get because of matchmaking being essentially broken for what the game needs it to do, which is to just offer battles that give consistent payouts (a “consistent level of challenge”) without just being the same fight over and over again.

But a single refresh on alt with about 12.8k MSP (in the same guild, 200 levels lower and a few less kingdom bonuses):

And one battle later:

Its even more frustrating to see matchmaking like that on MSP ~10k accounts where they don’t even benefit for getting matched above ~11.5k. I would have gladly swapped the twos matchmaking in a lot of cases, because it would have meant easier battles with no determent on one, and higher payouts on the other for almost no additional effort. Now that is a broken system.

And meanwhile back on the 13.2k account:

So yeah, first and foremost, fix matchmaking.

9 Likes

“Ages ago” counts as long term right? Just in the other direction?

Mostly because any complaints of this sort get brushed off by them “looking into it” so we can get the (eventual (maybe)) perfect long term solution, while leaving the crappy broken thing fully broken when it could be mostly fixed with comparatively little effort.

See also: 50 gem fee to change hero class in place to “prevent bad play patterns” in a system where almost nobody uses the hero and you have to enter a separate menu to change hero class but then not being addressed in any way after transitioning to a system where the hero is valuable and you can quickly swap classes directly from the troop menu. The amount of menu shuffling to set up a hero on a team has barely changed by being able to bind a class to a team slot (and which switching between teams pre-made teams, you generally still tweak your talents if it is a commonly used class across different teams), but thats when they decided to remove the fee.

See also also:
Weapons introduced since raid/invasion events started all having a soulforge cost readily available to put them back in rotation periodically (like the original Shentang event post promised), but older weekly event shop weapons don’t, and we only sold the older ones for cash for a really long time and people didn’t mind because they were paperweights, but then we made them (semi, long term) important, so lets wait until we have a solution for all of that apparently (even though the newer event weapons should have just been soulforge the entire time)

Come to think of it, where is the shop where you can purchase emoji, titles, and portraits you missed? Didn’t they specifically say they had a solution for this for people that missed them first run? Is history repeating itself again?

7 Likes