PvP points should be the same for everyone

Lower levels and people in guilds that don’t complete all tasks can get 70+ PvP points for a 3 trophy battle. It’s not fair that I have to do twice as many battles to get the same amount of points

PvP points should be the same every time for everyone

15 points for a 1 trophy
30 points for a 2 trophy
50 points for a 3 trophy

I have done more battles with less losses but I’m 30 places behind these people

31 Likes

I totally agree, I’ve always thought it didn’t seen right that after putting so much time and money to get to a high level, that you get penalized in PvP for it

4 Likes

Exactly. I have put in a lot of time and effort to get where I am and I am getting penalized for that.

3 Likes

Can someone please explain how this is fair. We have won the same amount of battles and I have lost less but I am almost 50 places lower

3 Likes

That’s one of the reasons I stopped playing PvP. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

i want to get more points per level…this suggestion has nothing to do with me being the highest level ingame xD

4 Likes

I agree this is dumb. I get why it happens but I think it’s the result of “a bad algorithm for PvP rewards” and a smarter one should be used.

I like the part of this algorithm that is supposed to reward people for more challenging matches. But that algorithm fails people who are past about 1100 AND in good guilds and, statistically speaking, aren’t likely to satisfy the algorithm’s definition of “challenging”.

3 Likes

I’ve been asking for this for a long time, would love to see it happening!

2 Likes

I agree, but i must add: IF the deciding factor for 1, 2 or 3 trophies is something like the total score of teams it could still be exploited by players restricting their level gains and guilds that didn’t completed all tasks.

Short battles of 2 trophies worth 30 points each would still net some score gain over time compared to longer battles of 3 trophies worth 50 points each even if we assume players are relentless machines.

As it stands right now PVP will remain as a faulty semi-competitive feature, the devs could look out for some other models to follow/use, but on the top of my head what could work better, in a sense to maybe use less time and resources (that should be directed at Wild Plains reworks with great urgency) would be a League System.

Imagine it as climbing brackets or even an extention of the PVP tiers where you would only face people with similar score points with better score gains and also bigger score penalties if you lose to the A.I. This way, people with less guild/personal progress would be at disadvantage and consequently unable to have their way into the leaderboard.

Well, that’s just a quick idea.

2 Likes

It could still be exploited but it’s better than someone in a good guild getting between 31 - 52 points for a 3 trophy battle while someone in a guild not completing tasks gets 70 points for a 3 trophy battle.

The numbers are just there as an example. If the points were static and the same for everyone then they would have to be adjusted so doing 3 trophy battles was the best way of getting on the leaderboard.

1 Like

Actually I feel like you could make 95% of people stop caring about this issue by changing the PvP Rank tiers to be by trophies instead of PvP points. It takes anything from 28-30 wins for me to 3-trophy my way to rank 1, and I’m mad that it probably takes someone else 26-28 to do so.

I’d be fine if it took a flat 90 trophies to reach Rank 1. This way if you already rush 3-trophy matches to get there it won’t feel different but everyone has to do the same amount of work. It looks like it takes ~60 for me to do it with 2 trophies and ~90 to do it with 1 trophy, so wow, it’s almost like this is already the factor.

Except some people are technically getting 3.2 trophies per match instead, and that’s not fair.

If people complain, let the PvP leaderboard stay the mess it is and based on a point system where some people get more points per match for arbitrary reasons. The people who fight for that would have a better idea of how to fix it.

But I’d be pleased as punch to know everyone else has to do as many chore PvP matches as I do.

2 Likes

id be fine with just changing the leaderboard to trophies all together. Would let people that do mostly arena join in the leaderboard hunt as well, and make the whole point of points per battle not an issue

3 Likes

It’s even worse now.

2 Likes

I noticed that as well. I may get the occasional one that is higher, but now seems like the majority are on the low side

1 Like

I agree with this smart person but would like to point out these days it takes an endgamer more like 35-40 wins to reach PvP Rank 1 while many people are able to finish in 23-25.

So the devs are listening! They changed it to make it worse. I think the message to endgamers is clear.

5 Likes

I agree, I think the suggestion to base off trophies would be the best all around fix for everyone, and the most fair. They can leave the points the way they are to use to set difficulty, not for rankning

1 Like

I agree but it’s not just getting to tier 1 it’s also the leaderboard. How the hell is it fair that endgamers have to do double the amount of PvP battles than lower levels to get to the same position on the leaderboard.

2 Likes

And not just “lower levels” but lower levels and end gamers in lower rank guilds. One of the best parts of moving to i4 is how quickly i can fly to tier 1.

2 Likes

Does I4 complete all tasks?

I think the problem is that 4.3 took away the bonus team power (100 or 200 something points I can’t remember what it was) that ALL defense teams got. This buffer is what helped us stay above the dreaded 31 point victories.