PvP points should be the same for everyone

You just made me realize something. Maybe the 1-Gem “refresh fee” is intended to be the next Gem sink?

I don’t toss out the possibility that it could be part of enhancing leaderboard runs, but it adds some gambling. You can’t waste a lot of time when shooting for the board, sort of like in my proposed changes. If you’re trying to make an extra 20 points, but you spend more than about 15 seconds chasing it, you’ve lost points compared to someone who just took a 38-43 point match and moved on.

I think I’d prefer a PvP system that matches by PvP score instead of team power rating:

• Left fight for an opponent with somewhat lower PvP score, center fight for an opponent with roughly the same PvP score, right fight for an opponent with somewhat higher PvP score.
  • PvP score and gold gained based on the score difference. As long as you aren’t leading the pack there’s always a juicy target to go for, if you are leading the pack you’ll get slowed down a bit for others to catch up.
  • Part of your PvP score at the end of the week carries over to the next week, so the casual gamers won’t meet and get trampled over by the PvP-coholics on Reset Monday.

There’s one flaw here, new players. They currently get a huge score gain boost to allow them to compete with veterans, arguably to an extent where they have it much easier to place first. Two possible approaches:

• Same rules for everyone, no quarter given. New players will have a hard time in PvP at first, as they progress within the game they’ll also fare better in that area.
  • PvP brackets. Somewhat similar to Guild Wars, introduce multiple PvP brackets with increasing tier/placement rewards, new players start in the lowest. Top X players at the end of the week move up to the next higher bracket, bottom X players drop down to the next lower bracket.

Personally, I feel like the second approach is way better. The PvP reward system is long due an overhaul, being able to compete within your bracket instead of always going against the same top 10 global insomniacs you can’t possibly beat should spice things up. Best of all, it’s self-balancing, players will end up facing opponents at roughly their strength level.

I totally agree.
After the 4.3 Update, the situation just grew worse.
I will completely boycott the PvP mode from now on.
Getting 31 points for strong meta-teams for 3 trophies is just not interesting anymore.
It feels more like a chore or a job than anything else.
This game is no longer fun, quite the opposite in fact.

You should treat everyone equally in this case, no matter what.

Example:

2 Likes

I like all of this except the brackets, because those are god-awful slow in Guild Wars, so l can only imagine the brakes their implementation would put on people not already mid-to-high- tier already.

But the idea that matches were dynamic—based on the current week’s performance—rather than static, with (arbitrary?) team scores is an interesting one, especially if it were somehow coupled with Slyp’s win-ratio idea.

Bracket size would be dynamic, not fixed like in Guild Wars, so there would only be a few brackets around (ballpark figure 10). To initialize them, just take the full PvP ranking list at the end of the week and distribute players evenly to all brackets, going from highest to lowest, possibly announcing that a week ahead so players will know what they are fighting for.

1 Like

You said the word “bracket” and it got me to thinking, too:

What if, during GW weeks, some of your PvP choices were the day’s GW opponents? It’s a neat tie-in between two modes.

All of your other ideas are cool. I think what’s important here is there are a lot of ways points could be allocated we’d like better, and all of us don’t like the way it is now.

1 Like

Were any of your battles against 1 or 2 trophy opponents?

most of my pvp 3 trophy battles are 31 points. less points and gold per battle makes it so i don’t want to even play PvP anymore.

PVP has just become more grindy than it was already. If I beat a level 500 zuul I get the same damage score as anyone of any level who beats zuul 500. Towers etc…same. PVP should follow suit to remove the bitter taste that some of us are being cheated. As far as quitting PVP goes? That’s unrealistic if you are in a decent guild and you want to get your reqs done effectively. Plus its reliable glory, which can only be sourced elsewhere in delves and treasure maps…think I’ll pass on that.

While on the topic of PvP, does trophy differences have any impact on the chances of ingot quality? Feels like the harder the opponent the better chance should be at a Ultra or Epic ingot.

Sadly, it’s all random, so, no.

A couple of revenge battles but 99% of my battles were 3 trophies.

Da haben sie recht bekomme 31 Trophäen bei dem letzten gegner total lächerlich

Are you honestly surprised you are only getting 31 PVP Points when your team is most likely 13,000 +

How is it fair that you get the same points as someone with a team 6000 less and playing people 700 levels higher ?

How is it fair that not everybody gets the option to play people with 6000 points higher team score or 700 levels above them? Just to point it out once more, team score and player level have next to no meaning, they don’t reflect how difficult an opponent is to beat once you get far enough past the tutorial. Why should some of the players get almost double rewards for fights that are neither significantly harder nor take significantly longer?

6 Likes

Firstly level doesn’t mean anything a level 1k can be weaker than a level 300. Secondly low levels are usually given fights around the same power level I have a level 170 account I don’t really use and I fight people with around the same stats as mine for way more points.

Finally how is it fair that I have to do twice as many battles as a low level to get the same gold and PvP points as them? I have a level 170 account and 1300 account and both of them fight teams with roughly the same stats as mine but my level 1300 account I have put the time, effort and money in gets half the rewards that my level 170 account gets and my fight are easier and quicker on my level 170 account. How is that fair?

Levels / Team Score does mean a lot. Not only do you have a massive advantage when attacking
your teams are much stronger and not wiped out by 2 Dawnbringer attacks.

I am level 300 and I playing against people who are 1400+ …

I agree the PVP Points should be the same but if that’s the case the matchmaking should be changed to only fight people similar to your level.

Then again a lot of people will moan about this as they only like playing easy teams which they can beat 99% of the time (Most of the time 500 levels lower).

In ranked PvP, once you level up to 1000. 99% of your options are players over 1000… And at that point you are facing level 1500-2000.
Yet still getting 35 PvP points a match. You’ll see one day for yourself and think gee… This is complete :ox::poop:.

1 Like

Endgamers get that by spending hundreds of hours farming explore for traitstones and souls to level our troops to get 5* kingdoms for those extra stats. It took me over 2 years to get everything maxed out.

Those people will have to be playing 1 or 2 trophy battles and aren’t the people complaining about the 31 point battles. 3 trophy battles when you are level 1k+ are not 500 levels lower unless you are level 1500 to 2000 and those rare people are forced to fight lower levels because all the game will give them.

I spent over 2 years grinding explore for traitsones and arena for souls. I put in so much time, effort and money into this game and I have to do twice as many fights that take twice as long than somebody who has been playing casually for a couple of months. How is that fair?

2 Likes