PvP Historical Quotes are killing the feel of the game

I take full credit for coining the phrase “Gems of Peace”.

The new quotes don’t bother me. Now if they start quoting Bennett Cerf from his books of puns, I’m off.

We should be able to put our own quote for our hero to show up when we are defeated.
I’m sure we would find some entertaining ones among the people we face in pvp. :slight_smile:

1 Like

While I like the idea… I think I would quickly grow tired of being told to “suck” things I have no intention of sucking.

Of course, then again, that would only happen if I lost so… Bring on the personalized quotes!

“SUCK IT, Defenders!”

:wink:

Or they could add the excellent profanity filter from chat.

"**** IT, Def***ers!"

3 Likes

Well, as the offensive nicknames can be reported, and Sirrian loves changing them i guess the quotes should also be reportable, but i understand that it would be extra trouble for not much return. But it would be nice as a creative outlet for personalization.

1 Like

The very first chance people get at personalization, you’d have ascii art of genitalia all over the place.

1 Like

That’s absurd!

It’s amazing our species has made it to the moon, isnt it? :wink:

3 Likes

We should draw something in the moon…

( ͡͡ ° ͜ ͡ °)…

She’s NOT wrong

Supposedly that’s still open to debate …

2 Likes

It ALREADY exists on the moon!!!

That image is of the Moon Museum and it was brought up with original moon mission. It contains art from 6 prominent artists of the time of the moon landing. In the top left corner is…

The Initials of the artist Andy Warhol, look closely and you will see a W with an A superimposed. At least he “claimed” those were his initials.

I like the quotes.

1 Like

I would like to say, and believe, that people could do better than we are assuming…
But yesterday i wasted my time to create a questionable animated gif out of an image just to be able to post it on another site that had a “Forever alone” thread… So… yep… Case closed i guess…

All the above reinforces my view that these war quotes are far too sophisticated for us lot…

…though I didn’t name a troop ‘Leet’ yet…

These Historical Quotes weren’t a cameo for Civ 6 release? It’s okay now you can stop the joke ;-).

I think they should be replaced by “Do you know: X”, and X a funny fact about one of the kingdom.
Maybe these facts can come from here… oh no, I forget about the copyrights :stuck_out_tongue: .

3 Likes