[POLL] Best Character Flavor Text

What is the best character flavor text in Gems of War?

• Shadow Dragon: “Likes to appear at night and devour entire villages
 just for lolz.”
  • Astral Spirit: “She likes to be in the dead centaur.”
  • Sheggra: “Sheggra once won a chili eating contest, where she not only ate all of the chili, but all of the contestants as well.”
  • Plague: “Please State the Nature of Your Medical Emergency”
  • Zephyros: “Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt”
  • Aziris: “He killed the last living eaglephant to get that helmet”
  • Alastair: “For a more humane for, of dismemberment, flaming axes sever and cauterize in one easy stroke.”
  • Grave Knight: “He wanted to be a Crypt Knight, but he couldn’t defeat Superman.”
  • Blast Cannon: “It is much more effective than the non-blast cannon, that one just never caught on.”
  • Drake Rider: “No, he’s NOT riding a male duck.”
  • Soothsayer: “He may look dumb, but he can solve a maze in a “minotaur” two.”
  • Atlanta: “LV 90 HUNTER. FULL EPICS. LFG”
  • Dimetraxia: “Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons.”
  • Reaver: “A Dark Elf with two swords
 that’s been done somewhere before, right?”
  • Venbarak: “Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.”
  • Zombie: “Every day he’s shufflin’
 and eating brains.”
  • Twisted Hero: “We don’t need another hero.”
  • Dust Devil: “He spins me right round.”

0 voters

Whatever 10 end up winning, I will need people to explain what each one’s reference is to me in case I’m not aware of it. xD

I know most of them that have a reference, but not all.

It’s either a reference, wordplay or a joke.

Mostly references though

As a big Dragon Age fan, I’m all about the Hippogryph: “No, swooping is not bad.”

1 Like

Mercy and Venbarak both are Shakespeare quotes (The Tempest and Macbeth, respectively). Gotta give props to that sort of reference.

3 Likes

Zephyros, Lightning bolt, Lightning bolt, Lightning bolt

I think that’s a magic the gathering reference. An old one since lightning bolt was retired a long time ago.

1 Like

Its from an old viral video that became somewhat of a meme:

4 Likes

Yes, I recall that 1. And the 1 currently in first is from Star Trek.

Voted for Sheggra! :wink:

1 Like

The only one I don’t know from the current top 10 on the poll is Grave Knight. I don’t know super heroes at all, so the reference makes no sense to me. xD

I think Crypt Knight is supposed to be similar sounding to Kryptonite, the only substance that can weaken Superman. Witty if not a bit groan inspiring pun!

EDIT: A bit after the fact but I’m surprised the Bunninog one didn’t make the list, figure there would be more Monty Python fans around.

1 Like

He let the dogs out was another good one on the druid.

StarCraft also referenced it via the Terran Medic. Plague is more out of place lol.

It’s all Venbarak, because
well
Shakespeare. I mean, done, right?

Shakespeare is a cokehead hack who had trouble finishing his stories. In almost everything he DID finish, the last Act commonly wrapped up very hastily and left plenty of loose ends.

And yet! ;p

sounds like the end of a season for a tv show, but then is canceled!

1 Like

Reaver’s Dark Elf should be referencing Drizzt Do’Urden of the Forgotten Realm heroes.