Praise for Devs

Oooo OK sounds good ol try with rowanne

1 Like

I think anyone that has High King Irongut will appreciate a troop like The Devil for his ability to curse enemies. Or anyone that is looking forward to the upcoming Elemental class.

The honeymoon phase can be cute :yawning_face:

5 Likes

As its a free hunnymoon. It’ll always be cute.
As I can move on. Cost me nothing. After iv had me fun. :rofl::rofl:

Enjoy while it last @Gangrel :grin:

1 Like

Life & Death is a very powerful weapon which is both good and bad. Some might say it’s overpowered. There are definitely ways to beat it so I’m good with it.

Can’t recall anyone wanting skeleton key to be nerfed. Think we all hated that.

Praising devs with words is just like giving “thoughts and prayers” to people after earthquake or any other misfortune. If you really appreciate devs, praise them with your wallet.

(am I being too blunt here?)

1 Like

yep, and devs don’t have family or loved ones to feed, they just provide anything for your free entertainment.

edit: I’m sorry, I should’ve known, my reply were too blunt… just ignore my replies

i don’t mean to offend any f2p players, please don’t call paying players as cheaters.

3 Likes

You are now calling the people that makes sure that the game is up and running for cheaters. If it was not for the paying players you would not have your free game.

10 Likes

But why is the game getting more buggy and content updates more infrequent and staff more hostile if its players have been supporting it with record profits every single quarter for 4 years in a row :thinking:

2 Likes

OK so question

We both want a mystic.

Do you think they’d. Either want

You paying ÂŁ40. 5 minutes on the game.
Or me playing 100 hours. To win it.

That’s the question. Because it had to start with the players.
To make the game popular.
Then the money comes.

Maybe a dev can answer that.

I little bit of money
Or a player that does the work. Hmmmmmm

Wrong the game came out.
Before people payed.

Ie: it’s a free game.
So I’d have my free game with or without you.

In the chicken and egg scenario.

We know the game came 1st.

Someones not really making new friends by coming here and calling paying customers cheaters, well, we all see the game from different perspective, but do try to behave… I was mostly a f2p for the first year and respected those who put money in the game so it would keep running. You can’t seriously think that the game would continue to exist if all of the players suddenly turned to f2p.

7 Likes

Because the developer isn’t big enough to work on PQ3 and GoW at the same time without GoW suffering for it.

So all that profit is going into PQ3.

I like this idea . It would make endgamers like myself have to think . That sounds challenging and fun to me . I hate arena though. Just don’t make it to where we can’t use a hero at all please . Even restrict the weapons we can use to common and rare as well .

1 Like

You need to support the game you love. Everyone needs to eat. Not just you.

Are you here to mock the Devs in reality? I am now confused whether you are just praising the Devs for being fool giving you free entertainment without you supporting them.

Is it okay if I call you a leach?

15 Likes

Rude much?

Everything else you said before was fine. But saying people who pay for a game to keep it running is cheating, then equating that to Saudi Arabia…

WTF is wrong with you?

I flagged that comment.

16 Likes

You’ve managed to insult me, many other long-term players, and an entire country in one fell swoop. Congratulations.

People like me who occasionally pay for stuff make it possible for people like you to have your f2p game. Or did you imagine that devs only need air to exist, instead of food, shelter, etc., etc.?

7 Likes

So you think running servers, having a dev team, community team etc. costs nothing at all?

Even if we wouldn’t get any more updates and they kept it running as is, it still costs money.

And you facepalm? Hope it’s because of your own naive ignorance.

Also, just because you say “no offense” it doesn’t make your comments which were meant to offend inoffensive.

I’m starting to feel that you’re a troll. Prove me wrong.

2 Likes

The “starving devs” stance has gotta stop. GoW is making enough profits to prop up DigiBros’ mobile portfolio.

I 100% approve of financially supporting a F2P product you enjoy. Have at it.

To the person calling payers “cheaters”, the game may have launched with no upfront cost to players, but it is run by a business. Businesses exist to make money. If the game doesn’t make enough money, the company 1) adds more ways for players to pay; 2) adds more manipulative mechanics to push players to pay; or 3) closes down the game.

The game didn’t launch for free for the company that made it. The studio made an investment in opening the game and it was done with the expectation of turning a profit, like any other business. These games are not opened as F2P as charity for free players. They are opened as F2P to draw as many players as possible with the hopes of converting some of them into payers, and further, hoping to snag some “whales” (big spenders) in the process. More players means more chances of snagging a big spender. One big spender can subsidize a LOT of free players. Free players help fill up the game world to keep the payers entertained so they hang around longer and keep spending.

There is a reason F2P is so profitable as a business model. It is uncapped earning potential with the ability to cast as wide a net as possible (because of no barrier to entry for new players). The “devs gotta eat” mantra really doesn’t hold up. If you’re talking about a small indie studio trying to sell a game, then okay, maybe…but a F2P game backed by a large corporation, no. The devs are fine and the $10 someone spends for an elite (lol) pa$$ is likely just going into a higher-up’s pocket anyway.

6 Likes