A Positive Thread, For Once

We’ve all seen the extent of toxicity and player/dev-bashing that happens on these forums. I want to create a thread where people can share their favorite things about Gems of War!

For me, I love how F2P-friendly this game is. People have different opinions on this, for sure, but compared to all others F2P games I’ve played, GoW is by far the most F2P-friendly. Sure, paying can get you ahead. You’ll never make the top of the event leaderboards without paying. Paying can even get you Mythic troops. However, because of how the game works, the best troops aren’t necessary to beat paying players, nor are they necessary to progress and enjoy the game. All troops can be unlocked and maxed without paying a dime. I love that!

The amount of troops is something I love, too. There’s so many variations and teams you can use, and troops which might seem weak at first glance can lead to some really interesting combinations!

What are your favorite things about GoW?

25 Likes

First, I am a refugee from a different match three gacha game. I absolutely love GoW because I can:

1. get a significant number of pulls (key) simply by being in a guild and playing the game
  2. acquire a functional level of the main currency simply by being in a guild and playing the game
  3. use new troops and even max them immediately if I have a sufficient number of farmable resources (sub point is that all traitstones are farmable)
  4. find a use for troops of all tiers–it’s not mythic or bust
  5. play whenever I want

Fwiw I spend a few bucks each month to support the game. That said, I do not feel have to spend to make progress. Cheers.

16 Likes

I love there are some mini-games and different play modes which allow a bit different playstyle.
You’re not forced to play only pvp or explore.
Realy like events with troops/weapons restrictions as they are a nice puzzle, which even endgamers sometimes fail to solve (or get unlucky).

5 Likes

… that is 99% caused by the devs incompetence for fixing translation mistakes and other bugs reported to them since eternity, incapacity of answering to customers, stating a wrong 10% drop of EVK with a radio silence about that despite the clear impossibility of such 10% rate. I guess they imagine that all players visiting this forum are born without a brain and that a thing like that would pass without a problem.

So I would say its a good idea to create a thread about what people like but then just create it and dont speak about the toxicity if you dont understand the reasons behind such toxicity.

The devs have the forum they deserve.

6 Likes

I really enjoy the community spirit that comes with the guilds and throughout the Discord communities too. Negativity seems a lot less there and nearly everyone is keen to help support new players or celebrate in existing players achievements. I’ve met some really amazing people all because of Gems

8 Likes

Please, stay on topic. Don’t make another cesspool from this thread. OP kindly asked this thread to be a positive one, so if you can’t say a positive thing about this game → ignore the whole thread.

6 Likes

The plethora of troops also means that old troops that haven’t been that useful can suddenly become so when used in combination with new ones, or when stats scale, rebalances occur, etc.

4 Likes

I’ve played since April 2017…Still here enjoying the game and making pretty pictures for it lol! There we go something else positive, I enjoy creating Info-graphics for GoW. I love to help out other players and this is a cool way to gel the two together

9 Likes

I’m positive that 505 Games has an office in France. And a Twitter too https://twitter.com/505gamesfr?lang=fr

But it’s a mystery why Infinity+2 can’t reach out to them for French translation support :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

So my favorite thing about this game right now is that I am in a guild with no event requirements. I like most modes except from the events. I don’t play as much as I did before, but I have been around for 5 years. So it says a lot since I am still around. I wish the devs put a tiny time into reworking troops etc, but thats for another thread.

5 Likes

I don’t know about the forums, as I wasn’t very active here back then, but when I started playing the game nearly three years ago, the chat and especially guilds were SO kind and mature. I’ve been a proud member of Fiara’s Flame for over a thousand days now and still feel so welcome! Parts of this community are really wholesome and that’s great to see, because f2p games so often aren’t.

4 Likes

Got two of these jackpots this week. That’s a lot of positivity in a short time span!

5 Likes

I am positive that every thread I have created is with the best interests of my Guild, and therefore this game, at heart. When I am gone, it will have never been. Ergo, vis-a-vis, concordantly, I don’t believe I care much for the tone of your thread. Shoots with bolt from Doomed Xbow (available in Soulforge for non Switch players until Sunday). jk, of course.

I love the passion that players bring to the game. Some bring it to the forums as well. There is much to love, and some show it in various ways.

Some create Databases, Websites, and Guides.

Some collect data, analyze it and share with their fellow gemmers the results.

Some debate the troops, and provide spoilers and rankings.

And some provide examples of where the game falls short. Just because someone points out that the game has flaws doesn’t make a thread negative. Inactivity gets players kicked from most guilds. I see inaction on the part of Devs, I get the impulse to give a little kick as well.

I thank all who keep this game running: the devs, the players, and the critics. For the Horde

15 Likes

Here’s a positive…

The 10% kingdom bonus stacks with the 20% lantern bonus. I just got 93 Mythstones when lantern applied on a L16 bonus. First time lantern was on on the uprated kingdom.

8 Likes

Looking forward to not having to do World event next week.

3 Likes

Even though the last… many… updates have been lackluster, at least the base game I’ve enjoyed for years is still around! As long as they don’t take away my f2p PvP, Explore, Dungeon, Soulforge, etc, I’ll still enjoy the game!

And they’d never screw up the fun f2p features, right?

Right…???

2 Likes

Hooray for Heart of Rage refund!

5 Likes

I was trying out a silly anime gacha game called Genshin Impact and they have this task system where you complete tasks to earn rewards, but you can get better rewards if you spend $9.99 on a “battle pass”.

I’m glad Gems of War hasn’t stooped so low to try to sneak something like this on us =).

1 Like

Decreased prices, nice!

5 Likes

I almost had to spend time with my family but, I got World event, raid event, AND guild wars to do today.

1 Like