Post 5.3 update, game crashes on the Xbox [INVESTIGATING]

Seeing your video, it’s the exact same thing mine was doing the other day. One clue that proves it’s not our old Xbox’s is I can sit at the main menu forever where you select your profile and the game never crashes, but once I log in and got to the map it did. Thankfully my problem just randomly goes away.

2 Likes

On the bright side Xbox players. At least you’re being told it’s the games fault and not your consoles fault.
I always buy the latest and greatest Samsung phones. And support blames the hardware for Gems of War crashing. None of the other applications on my devices crash mind you. All 4-6 different Samsung devices I’ve owned since I started playing Gems of War all eventually experience a crash. (the Galaxy S21+ hasn’t yet though.)

Best of luck Xbox players. Since I decided to start playing Control Ultimate Edition on my XSX (another well QA tested game published by 505 Games) I can definitely feel you on the crash frustrations during hourly play.

1 Like

We experienced a higher volume of crashes on our Friday, two days ago, which correlates to a lot of our new reports. Our team is investigating now and seeing what additional fixes we can implement.

1 Like

Still having crashes from the previous code change. The crash rate increasing, with additional code changes, was entirely foreseeable. Maybe now instead of making a single user’s issue, even if it is cash related, the priority, an issue impacting many users will get the attention it has always needed and deserved.

3 Likes

when are they going to fix this annoying crashes/freezes problems for the Xbox consoles yes I’ve checked X, One and the Series? after 2 updates this is really really embarrassing for them devs :joy: unreal.

3 Likes

When on earth is this going to be fixed? Pretty fed up of it now. I’ve lost so many resources including several vault keys, sigils etc Lost delves and guild wars matches because of it. I was ok with it at first but after 2 months it seems to be getting worse and it’s making me rage at my TV :rofl:

3 Likes

We are still working on this issue and doing what we can.

How is it possible this issue is getting even worse?

1 Like

My game just started crashing like before and I went to the game save and cleared the reserved space and the crashing stopped.

2 Likes

I sense that the next update is about to be released.
(Either this week or next.)
Usually the game gets more unstable right before a patch is released. I don’t play on Xbox. But if you’re seeing a dramatic difference between last week and now. My guess would be that’s why.

Why is that?

That’s a wonderful question to ask a developer of Infinity Plus 2.
I can only speak to what I’ve noticed over the years.

I had been lucky enough to not have the crashing issues that other Xbox players have reported since 5.3 came out. Unfortunately, that all changed this afternoon. I had a crash when attempting to collect tribute, then a couple more crashes during battles. Several of my guildmates have also reported crashes today. I live in the United States, and play on Xbox One S with a wired internet connection, not sure if that matters or not. Hopefully this issue will get fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Hello, I am beginning to give the same failures today, so far I had been perfect.
I play from Spain.

I tried your suggestion of clearing reserved space, but it did not help as my game is still crashing. Thank you though for trying to help.

1 Like

FWIW, I have tried on an Xbox One S and an Xbox One X, both with wired connections. Crashing constantly on both systems.

On the Xbox One X , the following have been tried without success:

• system restart
  • system hard reset
  • clearing persistent storage
  • uninstall/reinstall game
  • factory reset (which removes all gamertags and their related information (i.e., save files, including reserved space.)
2 Likes

I just checked the Xbox Live status page on xbox.com and there is a “major outage” with cloud gaming that can prevent players from accessing games that use the cloud, or kick them out from the game. Maybe that’s why I and many other Xbox players are crashing today?

Just managed to get into the game and complete an explore run.
Fixed? Maybe??

Edit: Also, dear God please do not give the devs a reason to point at Microsoft. Xbox One version of the game has been crashing for months. Let the devs test and isolate the issue. If they determine it is an issue with Microsoft, trust me they will be sure to let us know.

2 Likes

Maybe the battle crasher event is being done literally on Xbox. Whenever the Leprechaun appears your game crashes.

Actually, some of the crashes are as soon as navigation around the map starts, before even selecting a destination.

1 Like