Post 5.3 update, game crashes on the Xbox [INVESTIGATING]

This started happening to me today. Trying to begin new Delve, but it crashes to the Xbox home screen every time I try to set my team

1 Like

Another new crash location. During tribute collection as the kingdom report was scrolling. I usually skip the report detail, but my phone rang, so it was scrolling and crash.

1 Like

I made a post about this continuing issue.

2 Likes

I went to the support page, but there are far too many choices for my simple mind to comprehend.

As far as I can tell, the problem is when my wifi disconnects, even for a little bit of time. In the past, Gems would just let me click Retry when the connection fails, but since the last update, the game kicks me out. Not a problem if Iā€™m collecting mails, but if it is a GW or Delve battle, it is more than frustrating.

Thanks.

2 Likes

FWIW, the game crashes both of my xbox one consoles, which are both using wired connections.

2 Likes

I am only adding additional crash information to this thread. As such, it has been a while since I posted here. Rest assured the crashes are still happening multiple times a day.

1 Like

If you havenā€™t sent in a ticket yet, please do so @mfeforever.

1 Like

Almost three days ago. Sort of my point in asking about expected response time, in the other thread!

1 Like

New crash data to report. Having received notification of a guild member triggered oet event, I started the game. On the initially displayed pet event banner, I selected rescue. Upon selecting the first battle, the game crashed, These steps were repeated three additional times with the similar results. On the fifth time starting the game, I selected dismiss on the initial pet event banner and immeduately entered the pet event through the menu. I was able to complete the event, collect the event rewards and exit the game without firther issue,

1 Like

I think we wonā€™t ever be able to play this game again, I wouldnā€™t mind a refund for the packs I boughtā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve followed up with the team and they have implemented some fixes for Xbox with the next update. it wonā€™t be too long before it is released, so when it comes out please let us know if these crashes persist. Unfortunately the fixes we made canā€™t be pushed straight away as they arenā€™t smaller server side fixes, and need to go out with an official update.

Thank you for your patience, weā€™re hoping that these issues are resolved. As always, stay in contact and we can discuss this further when we see how performance changes.

1 Like

New update installed. Game still crashing. As support never reached out as promised, not really a surprise.

5 Likes

Game still crashing for me after update. Losing vault keys and sigils through this annoying bug.

2 Likes

Game crashes since update:

Wednesday:

Login KM, game says it is experiencing issues, kicks to start screen before he can collect tribute. 2nd attempt works fine.
Login OK, game says it is experiencing issues, kicks to start screen before he can collect tribute. 2nd attempt works fine.

Thursday: Only used Main account.

Friday:

Login KM, same issue repeats from Wednesday.
Login OK, same issue again.
Logout those fools, Return to Main account, game crashes when tribute is collected. Reload, verify gold keys are present, go to open chests, game crashes.

Editors Note:
KM: Kirk Monkeyā€™s account
OK: Other Kirkā€™s account
Counterpart: Best show no longer on television (opinion, not fact)

And, Saturday, I tried to copy a team to new faction level 100 and game crashed for non-potion new pure faction delve run. Thx.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t finish not even a single delve of the new faction event, just like happened with the previous faction eventā€¦ Almost 3 months of an unplayable gameā€¦

3 Likes

FWIW, the crashing usually occurs when moving around the game or just after starting the game. When I start the game, I play some non-resource limited matches (e.g., dungeon, adventure board, explore run.) If the game does not crash, I move onto resource limited game modes (e.g., world events. guild events, class event, faction events.) I was able to finish this weekendā€™s faction event (51 delve runs,) even with five crashes, during the playing of the event.

2 Likes

That has been my experience as well, 4 times last night while switching accounts, and just now when logging and trying to collect tribute on my main. Am I clicking too fast after the game opens? Perhaps I should let the game ā€œbreathe a littleā€.

Edit: Idk, I take my time, collect tributes and mail, buy 10 glory keys and 100 glory troops. Everything is looking good, donate 1,075,000 gold to purple tasks andā€¦crash. It ainā€™t my internet. Intersweb is fine today.

2nd Edit: Upon reloading, I decided to put the gold into Red tasks. Green Day tomorrow. +3 attack helps my team more than +2 magic. I suppose I should thank the game for crashing. Nah.

1 Like

I just created an account to add my voice to this issue. Iā€™ve been having pretty much all the symptoms described by mfeforever.

The game has been quitting to the dashboard since the update in December 2020, and there are no visible errors or crash reports. It happens anywhere from 30 seconds after starting the game to an hour of playing. I can find no single trigger, it seems completely random. Iā€™ve lost sigils, gems, delves, valravens, etc., and it is getting very annoying.

It seems to have taken a turn for the worse today (Feb 12, 2021) though. I canā€™t even complete a single battle on the daily adventure board before it hits the dashboard. The game has been very frustrating for the last few months, but it is now unplayable. Guild wars is now a lost cause too ā€¦ this bug means Iā€™ll lose every match I start.

I would provide more information on the situation, but itā€™s been covered by others in the post. Just for the record though, it happens with all of these factors:

• multiple xbox one consoles (original, S)
  • wired network, wireless connection
  • game installed on internal and external storage
  • restarting game doesnā€™t help
  • restarting console doesnā€™t help
  • game quits while playing through game streaming (Windows 10) or directly on console

Iā€™ve had the game quit in every section (chat, battles, purchases, key openings, mail, collecting rewards, leaderboards, etc.).

Iā€™d like to help resolve this, but really donā€™t know what else to do (other than run a debug version, but I doubt that is possible on xbox).

Please fix!

2 Likes

I ran into the issue yesterday after playing for most of the day with it running fine. It randomly crashed, so I started it back up and it kept on crashing about 10 seconds in looking at the map. It consistently kept crashing at this exact point. Did it three times in a row, then I decided to hard reset, reinstall, and clear reserved space. All made no difference. It still would freeze and crash to dash 10 seconds in looking at the main map. I decided to just go to bed and now it is fine the next day. I donā€™t know if my xbox just needed to cool down or what, but it has not had this problem before. Iā€™m playing on a day 1 version xbox.

2 Likes

The Freeze/Crash

I posted this video clip in another topic, but this one seems to be active. Up until today it would crash 3-7 times before I could get a couple hours in, but as of today, itā€™s non-stop and unplayable.

2 Likes