[Fixed!] Game crashing since 8.1

Hey everyone,

I have spotted a couple of growing reports about game crashing on console since updating to 8.1

Can you please answer the following so we can get investigating:

• Are you getting any errors, if so, can you write it out exactly as it appears?
  • If there is no error, is the game crashing back to the console home screen or is Gems of War restarting?
  • What game mode is this happening in?
  • Can you describe exactly what happens before it crashes?
  • Is there anything in common with each crash? For example, is it always against the same enemy/opponent/after casting a spell etc
  • If it’s happening in PVP please also list the team you are using and if you remember the opponent team as well
  • Your invite code!
5 Likes

It crashes on XBox Series X too after a few fights in every game mode, returning to Dashboard without any error code…it freezes, then black outs for a few seconds, back to db. Imo it appears right at the moment when the victory sign comes down after the fight which is now a way much faster appearing than before, probably cant sync with the server fast enough. It happens with various teams and various enemy teams, no pattern. Invite code: GOD21LL4 @Jeto

3 Likes

Happened to me on Xbox once. I was in Explore 9 in Ghulvania, when the game just sent me back to the dashboard. I thought it was because the update wasn’t finished yet. In fact I manually checked for updates before starting the game, but no update was available. During the loading screen the update was applied though.

Several of my guild mates reported they’re not able to play anymore because they’re constantly sent back or the game freezes. No pattern except playing after the new update was installed.

3 Likes

Maybe a side effect, but Merchants, Angels and the other pop ups are gone from Explore too. The game still crashes and it might be from being unable to load them.

On top, no Merchant also means nothing to buy in PvP. :laughing:

If someone can grab a recording, that would be amazing - it should grab the prior 30 seconds before you hit record as well

Can’t do a recording on XBox fast enough, because when it freezes and the black screen appears its not longer possible to do a clip ingame.

2 Likes

@Jeto

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s not possible without an external recorder because when the game crashes, any background recordings are automatically invalidated. I’ve tried before when dealing with the occasional game crash on Switch, it’s simply a no go.

Just in case, are you pressing anything once everyone is defeated?
Or possibly pressing something repeatedly

Also is anyone experiencing this not on x4 speed?

Just the A button once for go on further (the other controller tackling sound is from my wife playing her game!). I tried it at slow game speed too, happened there also.

1 Like

Thanks for all the information, looks like we might have everything we need to get onto getting this resolved!

If the team have any more questions, we’ll jump back in here and ask for more information.

4 Likes

I have encountered this issue three times since installing the update on Xbox One. It’s happened just as battles finish but before the Victory screen appears in PvP, Explore, and Adventure board. When the errors occurred, I was unable to do anything except exit back to my console’s dashboard, and the audio changed to a steady buzzing noise. My invite code is: DVADER83_VB2U

1 Like

XBOX serie X

• Crash before finish the boss battle and normally fights in ToD, the win was valid after relaunch the game.
  • Crash in PVP it was a win
  • Crash in Underspire
  • Crash with the daily task
  • Anyway, everywhere

3 different accounts, I don’t want send the invite code here. If you want ask in private.

1 Like

Game crash during the ‘Tower of Doom’ event. I play via IPad Pro. Before the 8.1 update it worked fine. But now, every few levels and game crashes. But this only happens when you activate a cards special move.
Usually you would activate a special move, highlight the target card, and make the move. When you go to activate your cards ghost out and opponent cards are still clear.
But what is happening is that both my cards and opponents cards on activation are staying clear. And if you have clicked gems to make your next move, they just flash very fast. At this point the screen just stays like this or the game closes down. It has happened several times over the last TOD events and can make the event quite unplayable.

Yes, game is crashing one or two battles in on the last enemy. Hangs, then goes black then straight to xbox dashboard. Can you confirm when there will be a fix?

1 Like

It’s nice to see that they maintained their usual rigorous playtesting of this update prior to release.

5 Likes

Game crash every where(pvp,ToD,underspire)no place to hide,nearly unplayable

2 Likes

Portuguese:

O erro acontece em diversos modos de jogo. Comigo aconteceu no Adventure Board, no Underspire, no PVP (Quick Battle).

A tela fica preta, após realizar o ataque e sai do jogo.

Única coisa em comum com a equipe que utilizei foi a classe elementalist. Os adversários não parecem ter nada em comum.

Plataforma: Xbox One Fat

English:

The error occurs in several game modes. It happened to me on Adventure Board, Underspire, in PVP (Quick Battle).

The screen goes black after carrying out the attack and exits the game.

The only thing in common with the team I used was the elementalist class. The opponents don’t seem to have anything in common.

Plataform: Xbox One Fat

2 battles 2 crashes games unplayable in its current state on xbox

2 Likes

better be fixed before vault weekend lol

2 Likes