Post 5.3 update, game crashes on the Xbox [INVESTIGATING]

I went a month or so with no crashes and they started back today just like you. Something triggered the crashes to come back. Not completely random it seems.

Hi everyone

Weā€™ve been investigating this issue this morning.
The game servers are online however as thereā€™s an outage with some Xbox services currently.
The game wonā€™t be accessible reliably until the outages at Xbox have been resolved.

Just to be clear, I have not gone a single day, with the game crashing.

1 Like

@Kafka, thanks for the update.

Any thoughts on the original, ongoing cause of the crashes, which started months ago?

2 Likes

Weā€™re still investigating the issues with Xbox crashes since the 5.3 update and have added more logging in the next game update 5.4 to help us track what is causing this issue as well.

This current issue however is separate and caused by the major outages at Xbox.

3 Likes

I appreciate the issues last night were Xbox related. However, why after all these months of people bringing it to your attention does the game crash and go back to the Xbox homescreen if I try to copy a team in the weekly faction?

2 Likes

This is what I usually do. Some days, it stops crashing after 1-3 crashes. Lately (the last 3-4 days), itā€™s been relentless crashing (20-30-infinity times) for a solid hour, to the point where I give up and donā€™t play, that day.

FYI, as far as I can tell, Iā€™m not losing rewards (chests, tributes, etc.) but I canā€™t even complete a single battle of any type.

1 Like

Last week, during GW, I attempted to fight 243 GW Battles.

4 times, the game froze prior to the battle.  One time it counted as a loss, the other three it did not, and I could try to fight the battle again.
 2 times, the game froze mid-battle.  Obviously, those counted as a loss.
 6 times, the game froze after I had won but before the rewards screen.  4 were counted as a loss, 2 were counted as a victory.

My main account had one of the two ā€œfrozen victoriesā€, and all 3 losses were legit. Two of the seven ā€œfrozen lossesā€ were on an alt account in bracket 132, so, not that big a deal. All said, that doesnā€™t account for the Guild Event battles that froze, the Dungeon battles that I started to skip, the countless times I couldnā€™t log in at allā€¦

An hour before reset, I had 5 battles yet to fight, and it took my ā€œOther Kirkā€ account a half hour just to successfully log in. I uninstalled the game later that day after reset.

That was twelve hours prior to the XBox server issue. I have yet to re-install. One day at a time. Thanks for letting me share.

2 Likes

Iā€™m at the point now where if the game crashes just once I donā€™t bother trying again. Sucked all the fun out of the game.

3 Likes

Update 5.4 just came out, and it MAY have fixed the problem, for me. Check the other thread:

Since installing version 5.4, last evening, no crashes have occurred.

1 Like

Yes, played a few minutes today without crashes, felt really weird lol

1 Like

We added some more fixes to 5.4 hoping they would alleviate the crashing.

Glad to hear it is helping. If it is continuing in the same amount for anyone as before the 5.4 update please let us know.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t it, though? Iā€™ve gotten so used to bracing for crashes, that it feels like Iā€™m tensing up, waiting for something to go wrong.

1 Like

Just had my first crash since the release of 5.4. Of course, it was in my first natch of Guild Wars.

1 Like

Uh oh. Iā€™ll be trying my hand at Guild Wars, soon. Hopefully I donā€™t crash there, as well.

Were you able to log in again and complete any matches, successfully?

I managed to log back in. No additional crashes, so far. I finished Guild Wars, Dungeon, World Event and Adventure Board. Also several triggered pet events.

1 Like