I support this, if only because its A solution. I don’t think it’s the best solution, but at this points, it’s better than nothing.
Test scenario: What can a player do if all 3 teams presented are: Forest Troll, Kraken, Kraken, Queen Mab?
It sounds like an exaggeration, but it happens all too often.
- The player can blame the player base for using the same teams. Nothing changes.
- The player can blame the AI algorithm for choosing the same teams. Nothing changes.
- The player can refresh it for 1 gem and it’s luck as to what appears next. The player gets penalized for something outside of their control.
- The player can enter the match and quit. The player gets penalized and wastes time for something outside of their control.
- The player can play it and be miserable after too much repetition of the same thing.
- The player can stop playing PvP.
For me, I feel like enemy refreshing should be free or cost gold or souls (in ranked). Make it a 7 day login bonus for all I care. There’s just no way that free refreshes are going to up my productivity to 1000 matches by Saturday that the top players are getting, but I’d like to think Gems of War is designed to be fun?
If that’s too much benefit to a player somehow (like really?), then instead of static pvp defense teams, have it be like Arena where it takes a team a player has used and won with in PvP and have it as a defense. Have it swap every day or every few days. At least then, if someone gets bored of using the same team constantly, the game will pick up on one of the randomly used teams and use it.
I’m sure the statement “some teams are better on offense than defense.” will come up, but is that really a big issue in the grand scheme of monotony?
Back to this topic, a personal blacklist would be great, but at some point, there will be more annoying troop/troop combination than there are space on a personal blacklist. I’m sure this would have been really great back in the 50% stat buff kingdom event weeks.