One player ... 100 Legendary Task

Yes that’s what I am thinking. There’s a few I’d like but not sure I’d pay for them but will they be craft able if they’re available directly for purchase? I’d love to see some proper mythic level weapons, draining, exploding and doing decent damage etc

1 Like

Man… I wish i knew all about any possible mythic weapons… Might not be anything new tho… Probably only class weapons

Maybe, drain the mana of the first troop, create 8 gems of a chosen colour, deathmark the second enemy and a 10%chance to devour the third, 15% if use brown mana. Etc etc. Proper weapon!

Maybe 250 mana instant win weapon :sunglasses:

1 Like

big_furry_monster2

3 Likes

100 mil such a great work :smiley:
congratz on being “so Anonymous”! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m not even the 1%, really. Five or ten, percent maybe. I’m a long term player, but I’m also in a guild that has completed maybe six legendary tasks, ever. My pattern of play and overall time spent in game is generally pretty casual, I just tend to enjoy analysis. That being said, I currently have between 2000-4000 more minors of each color than I need to trait every troop currently in existence, and I’ve done the math as to why this is.

Well, here goes. It is a long read. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

To begin with, every guild reaching LT level gets 670 gold keys in just one task arc. Basically, anybody in a semi-organized guild has these available, being almost free once you have opened them due to gold drops over a 30 person guild. The drop rate of a minor stone from gold keys is about 19% (FYI: all drop rates are sourced from a combination of data I collected myself, @shimrra’s spreadsheet for GoW chest stats, and Rasper’s thread on traitstone drop rates.) This, alone, is about 127 minors per week. Although they are spread across all colors, the colors roughly balance out eventually, so it is the total amount that matters. In order to fully trait new troops, you need 24 minor per mythic, 78 per legendary, 66 per epic, 60 per ultra-rare, 48 per rare, 42 per common, and 24 per guild wars tier troop. In any given three month period (I’ll estimate to 12 weeks), we will usually see three mythics (72 minors needed) a new kingdom (usually around 400-500 minors needed), three random legendary releases (234 minors), and usually one troop per week (which I will highball to all epics at 12x66 or 792 stones needed), and usually around 1 ‘extra’ troop per month of a lower rarity (lets call this 3x48, or 144 stones). This gives a total high estimate of roughly 1742 minor stones needed in a three month period. In this same period, from what is basically free gold keys from one source, you will have gained 1524 minor stones.

Now add to this the fact that you get 4 minors and 10 gold keys for every glory pack purchased, and hundreds of gold keys per week in tributes when you have upgraded your kingdoms. I get an average of 20 glory packs per week and tend to still climb pretty steadily in glory, and can easily do twice that much and still be gaining. I collect tributes frequently, usually getting an additional 600-800 gold keys per week from this source. As a hypothetical for someone skating by on minimum in a guild that reaches LTs, lets lowball and halve both of those. This would give 40 more raw minor stones per week, 57 more from the gold keys from tributes, 19 more from the gold keys from the glory packs. This is an additional 116 per week, or 1392 minors in a three month period. So, without doing battles you have now gained about 1200 minor stones every three month period beyond what you need to trait everything that has released. Minor stones have about a 59% drop rate in PvP, and about a 48% drop rate in explore. Lets say your LT task getting guild is pretty chill and you can hit your requirements by 50 PvP battles per week (so, 150 trophies, 700ish seals). Thats an additional 29 minors per week, or 348 in a 3 month period. We now have over 1500 extra minors every 3 months above what is required to trait anything released during this time period with probably amongst the bare minimum of expectations you can expect on a consistent LT guild. Keep in mind, this is on 83 of each color, every month, skating by in an LT guild, without taking legendary tasks above what was required to trait everything that entered the game during that period.

Currently, you need 22,578 minor stones to trait everything in the game, including classes. While it would take you years to finish this milestone going at this lax of a pace starting from zero and given consistent pace forward on new releases, you are also still going to bottleneck on runics before minors without heavy explore farming, where you also get minors, so the number of minors you have on hand at any given time that are actually usable is always going to be restricted by the number of runics you have. This is a logical bottleneck, and you can slowly overcome it with explore farming, which has a better ratio of runic to minor drops than runics to minors needed. However, without dedicated, weekly explore farming, the number of minors you have will quickly pull away and become increasingly irrelevant. Currently (pre-crafting) if you only have, for example, 8 yellow runic, there is basically no functional difference from having 300 or 3000 yellow minor because you’d have no way to close the gap between what is required on runics without also getting hundreds more minors, all the while pulling further away on minors every week from what you open in keys. This is why also I readily call minor stones on the legendary task reward table a “functional zero” for their target group. There may have been a short period where large runic gluts from thousands of glory keys being handed out in the old economy and perceived shortage of minor stones, but actual commonality of minor stones would have always panned out long term under the new economy, as would it for anyone only being present (or in a legendary task capable guild) post economy change.

While the potential to exchange stones to higher rarities will help this short term, it can never be such that minors would be preferable. The lowest table has the highest ratio of minor stones to glory keys, or 2:1. Assuming an exchange rate as low as 5 to 1 to upgrade into a higher rarity stone, getting glory keys to drop would still be preferable for the purposes of getting relevant traitstones. From a set of 10 glory keys you will, on average, get 0.5 runic and 1.9 minors. At a 5:1 exchange rate, this would equate to 0.88 runic. 20 minors at a 5:1 exchange rate would be 4 majors, or 0.8 runics, so still slightly worse. Getting a single runic is already better than minors at a 5:1 teir exchange rate, so they would always remain ‘better’. Getting 2 gem keys from the same table would equate to only a 0.38 average runics. A 7:1 exchange rate per stone rarity tier would make minors slightly better for getting runics than getting gem keys, if this were the case, at 0.41 runics per 20 minor. Lets use that the best case scenario where minors are not literally the worst thing on the rewards table for the purposes of obtaining stones that may remain relevant (runic).

We need a lot more runics per month relative to how many are just handed out, which is why it stays relevant for longer (for people not around during the old economy, anyways). You need 4 per common, 8 for rares, 12 for ultra-rares, 16 for epics, 20 for legendaries, 16 for mythics, and 60 for guardian tier troops. Applying the same estimates as earlier, this is 48 runics for mythics in a 3 month period, 60 for extra legendaries, about 192 normal weekly troops (highballed), 24 for ‘extra’ troops, and 96 for a new kingdom, or a total of 420 in a three month period. Our hypothetical lazy legendary task guild member (LazyLT) gets 46 glory keys from PvP, 396 from tasks, and 20 from glory packs (a total of 462/wk), as well as 63 gem keys and 42 event keys. Runics have an approximately 5% drop rate from glory keys, for 23 per week, ~9% drop from PvP battles or 4.5 per week for 50 battles, and about 19% (yep, here too) from gem and event keys, or about 20 per week once keys are dealt with, for a total average of 47.5 runics per week. Lets also assume LazyLT is Vip 5+, and therefore knows better than to spend gems on anything but VIP chests, making gems irrelevant for the calculation of receiving runics (but if they had, add ~12 runics per week for opening 50 packs of gem chests). This gives you 570 in a three month period. While it is still more than you need, moving you toward having everything traited and keeping everything released traited instantly, there are new release requirement spikes such as a new GW cycle which would introduce an additional requirement of 360 runics into the mix. If this happens once every six months, which is still just speculation at this point, your 3 month runic requirement is now ~600, versus ~570 earned. A bit of farming could close this gap, but you’d invarably also get minors, which is another reason why minors are not going to be the bottleneck. At the same time, this barely changes your 3 month projected requirements for minors, adding additional 72 over a three month period. Lets also keep in mind that these are not consistent numbers and will vary within a three month cycle, but runics can have some give and take while the minor numbers are still not even close.

Lets take our hypothetical ‘best case for minor stones to not be the worst thing on the table’ exchange rate and apply that potential exchange rates for minors into runics. 1400 minor over a three month period (after subtracting some to account for potential GW troops) is an extra 28 runics over a 12 week cycle, even with a 7:1 per tier exchange rate rate. Not much, granted. However, I haven’t even shown major traitstones potential exchange rate on this, which is another series of calculations, as they are even more useless right now than minors. Incidentally, 5,392 total runics are needed right now to trait every single troop (and class) in the game right now. Said LazyLT (and many others at this level, just reaching this level, and even being at this level for a decent amount of time) would benefit from getting raw runics in legendary tasks as they can and probably will bottleneck them from getting a trait, whereas minors would be extremely unlikely.

And all of this is before our hypothetical person has ever earned even one legendary task. I missed seals too, though the difference there wouldn’t be huge. These are simply with the rewards that you are very likely to get, estimated on the low side, for anyone in a guild capable of unlocking LTs. Generally, once you reach this point, you have already progressed pretty far with collecting minors to trait things or are doing much more per week than is put forth here. After guild tasks were revamped about six months into me actually being active every week, an additional six months had me dead ended on minors. Keep in mind that my guild, at the time of task revamp, hit only about 3 mil total gold donated per week, prior to that even less, and only in the last month has been consistently reaching legendary task level (but not bothering to complete any, usually). I was a 1-2 hour a week player that gradually transitioned into a ~5 hour a week player, but always an active tribute collector during this time. I had an even bigger glut of gold keys during the period of time when there were two weekly released troops every week and also spent way more on glory packs on average, giving me many more minors on average than I spent, which was contributory, but by the standards of who these tasks are targeted to ‘give an outlet for excess gold’, very tame by comparison.

Applying the 7 to 1 hypothetical traitstone upgrade rate to me, needing a total of about 200 runics right now, having over 15000 spare minors (and lots of unopened keys, which I’ll not bother calcing out), I’d simply be “done” with traitstones if they stopped at traiting, forever, because I more than meet the hypothetical I have set forth. This would happen for me even at a 10:1 exchange rate each tier (so 100 minors per runic) as soon as the next kingdom hit. However, if another consistent use for traitstones also simultaneously enters with crafting, I could be chasing things for a quite a while still, which I would prefer. A one time sink of needing a few thousand minors to craft some new things will not be sufficient to sink minors to the level of being “not worthless” for myself or anyone above me, let alone desirable, while at the same time potentially bringing back the extremely awkward minor bottleneck for anyone not in this situation. Needing runics or even arcanes as the “exit point” from traitstons to “other” would make far more sense, potentially making others around my level glad to see runics every now and again, but would then make minors very poor by comparison. And of course, the releases would have to be staggered, and not bottlenecked by something else, otherwise having/getting the stones would be irrelevant. Also, if any sort of gameplay is required to facilitate exchanging stones, they could be still functionally worthless, just like treasure maps, as opportunity cost would have to be considered.

Basically, this is what I meant by trying to make minors desirable for people getting them in LT rewards would be “doubling down on a bad idea”. Having an outlet for them is fine considering you’ll have a lot of extra eventually no matter what if you remain active over a long period of time, but putting in this outlet because you are handing them out in LTs and balancing the numbers around that would be terrible for everyone else. This is why I expect (and hope!) minor stones will remain the worst thing on the LT reward table, but not a functional zero like now.

4 Likes

For the instances where Runics dropped on any given table, do you recall how many were dropped? I need them for comparative values.

You mean before 3.1 or after?

Before. 10chars

Table 1: 5 stones
Table 2: 8 stones

1 Like