One player ... 100 Legendary Task

To be honest, as long as I don’t see 30 minors or 8 runics I count my blessings.

2 Likes

That is true but man seeing 100m go to leg tasks and retrieving 0 mythics is like paying £1m irl cash for so many gems to get 0 mythics makes me always question why I try to get a leg task done nvm 100! But I guess that’s the beauty of RNG eh? Hates me all time 1st BL2 2nd D3 now GoW blasphemy I say!

Man I’m still farming pets and cosmic wings in d3. B2 took me about 8months to get everything. RNG lol

1 Like

You might start counting the minors and runics in your LTs as your blessings soon.

2 Likes

quickly rushes to look in the beta section of the forums

Oh. Uhhh. Well. Guess everyone else will find out soon enough!

Honestly, I find myself limited by Runic stones and not Arcanes. I have tons of some stones that I haven’t used because I simply don’t have the Runic stones to buy the first trait on those troops.

2 Likes

Oho. It would be good to find a use for those.

Ignore pocket dial at work, sowwy

It’s definitely streaky. We got many weeks without imps and then get 3 off season imps in one day.

Hoarding is a good practice for many things in the game. Excellent job.

The most I’ve done was like 8 or 9 million I was hoarding. I know someone else in Unrepentant will do 10 million soon. Such small potatoes next to you guys. And here I was feeling proud of 42. :slight_smile:

May you guys get more mythics.

You mean for crafting? But it seems they will only be used for crafting other traitstones… so still useless.

2 Likes

I certainly hope people with tens of thousands of minor traitstones already won’t suddenly consider them a blessing, as this would mean they have such a sudden scarcity compared to what is needed as to create a huge bottleneck for minors for everyone else. Assuming it is some kind of massive, one time sink, we are also back to where we started eventually, probably in short order for some players.

What I was expecting was minors to still be worth less than potentially useful tasks drops by being able to craft them in to something that might be useful with diminishing returns. For example, minors > majors > runics > arcanes > troops - given any reasonable exchange rate, simply getting the arcanes would be the best possible outcome, but 20 minors might be considered “a piece of an arcane” which would be considered “a piece of a troop”. Assuming you know something that hasn’t been made public, this causes me some concern. Attempting to sink enough minors from endgame, top guilded players getting dozens of legendary tasks a week that have been doing so since legendary tasks existed to try to make having minors in legendary tasks desirable to this group would be doubling down on a bad idea.

2 Likes

My suspicion is that the people with 10k minor traitstones of every color are already past the point of needing traitstones for anything, really. Those who are, like me, strongly constricted by a higher rarity will rejoice if 3.1 contains a way to turn lower rarity gems into higher rarities. Those who get these from Legendary Tasks would still be glad for the windfall, but nowhere near as happy as they would have been to receive a legendary or mythic troop.

The math does not support minors ever being anything other than the worst drop on any LT table long term (except maybe legendaries), even if it is for the purposes of crafting into actually relevant stones, which is what I was getting at. Assuming they can be traded up to higher rarities with crafting, exchange rates for them to be preferable to just getting glory keys (let alone just getting runics) from any given table for the purposes of only getting relevant stones without also giving stones another persistent outlet would devalue every stone to the point of dead end resource, (like minors/majors are currently), which would then make none of them make sense to have on the legendary task table. “Worst drop on any table” still beats “functional empty space” like they are now, but it still remains to be seen if they will have enough value post-patch as to be distinguishable from a zero. I’m fine with them having some value but low value, as long as its not zero, by the way. But having minors be anything other than the worst drop on the table concerns me more, because having it be otherwise ends up creating really awkward bottlenecks that shouldn’t exist.

I can share some math/projections if you like, but I didn’t want to hijack too much. Congrats, by the way, @DEMONorANGEL :slight_smile:

Please do! My guild has never even completed a single set of 12 tasks, let alone a legendary task after doing all six sets. I am curious to know what the 1% get from these.

1 Like

I have shared our latest stats here.

Don’t worry about hijacking and please share!

1 Like

That is supposing there is something to craft that the endgamers don’t already have.
Some screenshots were showing “mythic weapons”. That is the only potentially interesting thing I have seen so far.

I assure you there will be craftables of interest to everyone. Not breaking the vow of silence if I say that.

1 Like

Mythic weapons is certainly of interest

You dont know the half of it brudda :wink:

1 Like

Staff of madness and better hero weapons please, including something like a hero famine!

class weapons are already considered mythic weapons but i doubt thered be any use allowing those to be crafted so hoping for new ones! :grin:

1 Like