Okay... So I hate to be a debbie-downer, but... (VALKYRIE NERF)

That’s kind of my point. If you weren’t making 8k souls per hour, then in my experience so far your Valkyrie hasn’t been nerfed. Existing Valkyrie teams will make about the same number of souls per hour in PVP and even (for most or many people) Explore mode.

Time, math, and bigger sample sizes may contradict what I’m seeing, of course, but so far this doesn’t seem to be a big deal for typical play.

1 Like

I think there is no alienation, well, at least not much more than what already is supposed to exist.
The way i see it the veterans will always have some “timely/temporal” advantage, but as the time goes we at low to mid ground are also getting some sort of benefits and features that helps us overcome the gap.

The game didn’t had Explore Mode for a long time, and it is amazing helping everyone at getting traitstones. The veterans that already had most of the troops traited aren’t enjoying it as much as everyone else that didn’t… So there is that to consider as well as other improvements that may come. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My valk makes me sad, not that she does not have necromancy, but i finally realized she makes single digit souls with or without old necromancy.

I have no idea what you’re going on about.

Valkyrie not only generates Souls at a rate that scales with her Magic (16 Souls with maxed Kingdoms), but also performs amazing utility (creates Blue) and retains board control reliably (4+ matches) while costing 10 Mana and providing Water Link. She’s still fabulous, and hands-down the best Soul generator in the game. The Hero weapon doesn’t come close.

4 Likes

I was always under the assumption that her spell made 10 or so souls what with so many people talking about how many souls they make per match. What made me sad was that i never noticed that she only made me 5 souls for 10 mana at level 18. Water link speeds her up and i see her trait shift as a buff, however. I thought she would make more souls. That means that at max kingdoms and at max level she has only 11 more magic left to go.

I don’t notice a massive difference to valk now that I’ve play a few matches.

3 casts would get me to the 40 cap, after bonuses 80 in total.

2 casts would still give me 72 which is still pretty good.

All in all, can’t see what the big fuss is about.

4 Likes

I should mention that my valk gives me 16 souls per cast after my bonuses etc. Just in case anyone was wondering how I came up with my numbers.

I’m curious how many souls you were getting per match prior to the patch. Because right now, other folks in my guild are pulling 260-320 per match depending on bonuses. Doesn’t seem like a nerf to me.

I actually just swore at a Valkyrie because I forgot it had Mana Shield and tried to kill it with a Mab cast

1 Like

260-320 per match? How is that possible?

Haha. Classic.

Per match isn’t really a relevant metric. Per minute? Prepatch, about 120 per minute for me. Also, the nerf of necromancy from 50% to 25% isn’t in effect right now. With the 50% in effect, I might be able to slightly edge out the per-minute production by going all in stacking it and using TDS instead of Valk at a higher difficulty (but sacrificing traitstone speed to do so). If/when they put it down to 25%, I don’t see how it can possibly be faster.

1 Like

Couple of troops with necromancy plus bonuses. I didn’t create the teams so it’s not my place to share them. Just want folks to know it’s possible.

Yeah I’m currently not noticing a difference, but I’m not using any other soul troop than Valkyrie.

Sorry didn’t mean to reply to you. I blame the zzzzz

Yeah the bonus is still currently at 50%, so that’ll change.

oh i see, yes with necro still at 50% that’s possible.

Do you still feel that way?

Pretty sure that is temporary and needs to be patched. The cap is supposed to be 60 before multipliers…

What team did you use to get 8000 souls per hour?

No, the cap without Necromancy is supposed to stay at 40. The cap with Necromancy depends on how many Necromancy troops you have. Currently with 3 Necromancy troops and 50% each, you can get the cap to 100. If they ever reduce it to 25%, you could get the cap to 70.

Of course you can use 4 Necromancy troops to make the cap even higher, but that would mean no soul earning troop, so no way to utilize the cap.