Okay... So I hate to be a debbie-downer, but... (VALKYRIE NERF)

Now that, I can agree with.

That’s been my whole argument. I don’t care that Valkyrie got the nerf alone, it’s the simple fact that they didn’t give us any good alternatives. I don’t give a crap about Valk if they showed us better options. They still haven’t, it was just lazy.

4 Likes

Jesus dude, settle down.

The simple fact is that there are a half dozen builds I can think of that are dominant in PVP but don’t contain Valkyrie. Under the old system, people that valued wins had a binary choice they HAD to make. Field a less powerful team or get virtually no souls.

That has been changed and while it’s not ideal, it’s a step in the right direction.

Seriously giving banshee soul generation is bonkers, infinite loop is back baby woo!

1 Like

Everyone, Keep the thread civil…

1 Like

By the way, I think to remedy the “soul problem” they should have changed the value of souls gained per enemy rarity. 1 for common through 6 for Mythic. Would have been better than the unnecessary mess they have made of traits.

6 Likes

Well, here is the long and short of it:

Necromancy is still useless without a soul generator. Necromancy troops as a whole have very little synergy with any soul gen troops, even the new ones. Necromancy troops are mostly bad. Valk is still only one of two (three is stretching it) viable soul generators (eg., strong/useful enough for PvP or fast enough for explore). The fastest possible soul gains are worse than they were pre-patch. Baseline gains without a generator are still 10-20% of what they are with a generator.

One or more of those things still needs to change for soul generation to be in a good place for everyone and allow true troop variety. As it stands, this patch has only accomplished making players shackled to what is still a very small pool of troops for an even longer period of time (and lets be honest, still probably Valk).

1 Like

To address the statement “Valkyrie doesn’t give as many souls now”:

No. You are wrong. Does she need one more cast to get to soul cap? Yes. Does she give less souls overall? No. She gives the same amount of souls as she used to. She just requires ONE MORE CAST to get to soul cap if you have all your magic kingdoms 5*'d. One more cast that, guess what, you would have had to do anyway if you had any less magic. For those with magic kingdoms at 10, but not 5*'d? Same amount of casts to get the same amount of souls.

What happened is that they did not buff her by letting her increase the soul cap on her own. And not giving her a buff that they gave everyone else is not a direct nerf. It does not decrease her soul generation, except to bring the top handful of Valk users back to the number of casts that they needed beforehand (which is three by the way).

Overall? Valkyrie will produce the same number of souls if you are explicitly farming for them. She just cannot produce INCREASED souls now. Plus, she has Mana Shield! I’d call that one hell of a buff, in regards to how little they actually took from her. Worst case scenario? You need to cast Valk ONE more time to get to soul cap. Most common scenario? Nothing changes except now she annoys the living hell out of Mab users.

5 Likes

Not exactly true, though. If you were explicitly farming for souls, you’d use a double necro team that can clear the explore after casting Valk a single time, netting you the cap. More casts takes more time. More time means it is slower. There are some situations where she is just as fast, namely, valk loop teams or triple-casting her while playing PvP team (but only if you have enough magic). Having to build all your PvP teams around her is exactly what people wanted to get away from when they asked for soul generator variety, which is why I think change this fell short of the mark a bit, because most people are going to continue to do that. Speed farming was just reduced a bit, and nothing significant was gained.

She really only needed to lose necromancy because it now raises the cap which was ultimately a pretty arbitrary change given the selection of troops now available with necromancy. However, it does pave the way for more necromancy troops and more generators that do synergize with them, without valk always being the best at all times by herself.

2 Likes

Alright, I stand corrected. I wasn’t thinking about people using double necro to one-cast cap things. That is a thing that I legitimately forgot that people did.

However…

^ THIS! THIS! A million times, THIS!

I was about to post something in those lines. She is pretty much the same on my teams. She will, probably, keep the vanguard in souls generations because transforming a color into another is one of the best kinds of spells you can use.

2 Likes

I like what they did to valkyrie, because of what they did to ghulvania.

Guys, but she WASN’T nerfed, not in reality. She was nerfed VIRTUALLY.

Before 2.15, you could get 40 (x your Souls’ modifier) Souls per match with Valkyrie, with about 2-6 casts, depending on wheter or not you had Necromancy, and how much magic you had. My Valkyrie at this time gives 11 souls without guid, team, and blessed trait bonuses, and I am a filthy plebe without 5 star kingdoms.

After 2.15, you can still get THE SAME amount of Souls from the Valkyrie as before. It just takes more time. And on the other hand, you have more options, and if you pair a good soul egenereator with someone with Necromancy, your maximum rises from 40 to 50.

So crying “huge nerf” is a little overacting if you ask me. I play this game maybe 1-2 hours per day, sa an idle, casual, stress-and-time reliever, so probably my opinion has little weight to more hardcore people. :stuck_out_tongue:
Best regards

1 Like

Passively nerfed. However if we look at it actively, she technically got a buff.

We’re calling it a nerf because it’s basically like putting hurdles in our way of souls now. Such as more casts/time etc. Also because they gave necromancy/soul gain to some less than savory troops. Not all see it that way, but some as you’d expect. So by putting “hurdles” in the way at all of soul gain, it’s a nerf.

We all agree something had to be done to her eventually, but eventually is the key word. I don’t think now was the time since there aren’t any other good options. Again imo.

The case where Valkyrie’s soul generation over time is actually nerfed is the above-mentioned one-cast-max explore teams. But is it that a big shock to discover the devs don’t want a faceroll activity to generate 8k souls per hour? Really, a RAGE-inducing shock?

3 Likes

When it takes a super long time to gain enough souls to max out most of your troops, yes, it does. That’s just the point. It’s like someone looked and said hey we know it takes long time now for people to max all their troops, we could make it a little longer.

Also be fair to everyone here, how many people are getting 8k souls an hour?

Is this a trap to accuse us of not needing souls and in this case disregarding our input in the matter? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m joking of course, but considering how things works in the game i think you are looking at the end game goal while you are a little far from the middle game…

If i’m not mistaken you said you are level 300ish. Well, at this point no one is supposed to be close to have all troops upgraded with souls, but if you play regularly i think you should be able to get almost all kingdoms at five stars with souls and traitstones around level 600ish.

I’m at 632 now and only three kingdoms are not a five stars or more. By the time you reach the same point my guess is that you will probably have everything at five stars because there will be more troops around as it helps to get more points spreading out the levels.

1 Like

Yeah I know i’m not supposed to be anywhere near end-game, i’m cool with that. That’s why any measure to slow up soul gain crushes the little guys. It’s so discouraging.

It’s unfortunate that this game suffers like most from having to blanket balance everything because of end-gamers. They’re almost always going to alienate one of the groups. top-mid-low.

Just saying valk not that good compared to what the hero can do.