New Kingdom - Dhrak-Zum

Now with Ice Trolls release this is a good moment to talk Dhrak-Boom legendary traits.
Now i know both legendary traits got changed kinda shortly before realease, i assume you panicked a little over the general power of those legendaries, but what we got in the end result is kinda aweful.

Bayhammer and Ice Troll sabotage eachother trait-wise which is really bad. I get that you may have thought the perma Doomstorm may have been to powerful, but giving him a trait that while already being a two edged sword of risky opportunity at best, making it clash with a trait from another troop from this kingdom is very unfortunate.

Glaycion’s pre release legendary trait sounded amazing, maybe a bit too powerfull but there are several a bit too powerful unique traits in the game so i don’t think it would have broke anything. It also fitted perfectly for the troops role and felt very unique.
However the release version of the trait is abysmally aweful, like really really really bad. Not only does it require to take hits to the face to activate which both results in lesser activations than most other leg traits and kinda hardcaps this trait’s maximum value(you can only take so many hits to your face) it also is very weak per activation compared to other legendary traits. Oh and it’s super boringly bland too, compared to the pre release version.

TL;DR i get their pre-release versions may have been too strong, but their release versions are really aweful, there must be something in between.

2 Likes

I kinda disagree, yes the storm traits cancel each other out, but by the time the traits kick in every thing is pretty much dead… or close to death…

BLOODHAMMER + ICE TROLL > DIVINE ISABELLA + INFERNUS

BLOODHAMMER + ICE TROLL > FOREST TROLL + MAB

What ? Fight Me!! oh, oh you think that grogotha or Stonehammer gonna save you. I got one word for you “S.T.U.N”

Edit: StoneHammer has Fortitude so he is immune to stun :sob:

Good luck stunning Stonehammer.

So you disagree with me saying the trait interaction is bad by saying the trait doesn’t matter anyways? Oookey then.
Edit: Just to clarify i don’t think Banhammers trait is weak, i actually find it really damn strong and chaoticly backfire heavy. I just dislike the clash with Ice Troll.

I am not even sure what the rest of your post is about but i think it is about telling me that Bayhammer is stronk, well thanks, knew that weeks ago, has nothing to do with unimaginative weak traits for legendary troops.

:disappointed_relieved: Thats right i forgot about stone hammers fortitude. well he is the last stand against them then.

What was Glaycion pre-release leg trait again?

He attacked when the opponents matched skulls.

1 Like

Like “deal 3 damage to enemy if they match skulls”?
Or deal attack damage on enemy’s skull matches?

You should consider the troop’s spell and Glaycion has a really powerful one. So a meh 3rd trait sounds okay.
And don’t forget his 2nd trait 65% which is close to Gorgotha’s 3rd trait (75%).

2 Likes

Well it was just worded as a regular attack when enemies match skulls so i assume it was like you would match an imagined 3-skull in return for their skull match. At least that is how i understood it.

1 Like

yea you basically hit it on the head. Together BLOODHAMMER + ICE TROLL are already OP, if they were any stronger they would probably be nerft shortly after anyways…

Actually in their current state they may still see a Nerf soon. But i hope not, Doom skulls are my guilty pleasure at this point :smile:

His spell is very powerful indeed, i am not concerned about the troops relevance in general.
I am strictly talking traits from a gameplay/fun/uniqueness perspective
His 2nd trait is great, regular Stone Skin would have been sufficient though in exchange for an interesting legendary trait or well a legendary trait that does anything really.

I can confirm all new troops are in event chests for xbox. But the “visual issue” affecting glory/gems from gold chests is also happening for troops. Received 6 Bloodhammers but only 4 in my troops list.

I think the 3rd trait can be “useful” if you misfire when using his spell. And gaining Attack for a tanker it’s always good (+3 is not very good but better than nothing).

If “better than nothing” is what you aim for in a legendary trait ok.
Personally the unique traits are what make legendary troops interesting for me.
Also there is no reason to ever misfire Glaycion, unless you just don’t care about the outcome…which doesn’t exactly discribe interesting gameplay either if you ask me.

Sometimes you can’t wait anymore with Glaycion full (for example, AI ready to cast Maw) so you could use it and hope that the explosions from the Doomskull create an extra turn.

1 Like

I think the misfire that is talked about is casting him when there isn’t a match available.

200 event keys. Both of the new legendaries are mythic now :grin:,

2 Likes

I feel a need to point out that these legendaries are freaking busted.

That is all. Carry on.

3 Likes

Totally agree. I just had a battle where I got Glaycion up on my first turn then I cast her once and won the cascades took out the entire team and it isn’t the first time that’s happened. These are even more broken then the goblins ever were and I’m pretty sure a nerf is coming soon.