New Guild Guardians Available

“Fair” is a 4-letter word. Devs don’t use that kind of language.

Jumping in to let you know what happened, why, and what we are doing about it. Also, to apologise.

First off, we won’t be rolling back any chest pulls or refunding resources. Those that have already received Guild Guardians from gold chests will be able to keep them moving forward. We fixed this issue 40 minutes after reset, which was as rapidly as we were able too.

This issue occurred in part due to an unforeseen compiler bug that affected our Live Ops tool. We have already fixed this issue and updated our Live Ops tool so this doesn’t happen again in the future. This bug should have been caught, and we are revising our testing plans in the wake of this error.

We are sorry that this happened and want to apologise for the frustration caused. We are doing what we can to improve these releases and processes moving forward.

9 Likes

Congrats… you have just made me quit the game :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that Wanda. All I can do is apologise that this happened and help our team ensure these issues don’t affect our playerbase in the future. You will be missed.

1 Like

sooo your letting the exploiters get away with murder and hanging the honest ones out to dry surely you can do something for the others not asking for much but just something to balance it out in the name of fairness

5 Likes

Soooooo…

Can we get some kind of clear delineator as to what constitutes an exploit and what constitutes a “happy accident”?

One week you’re telling players “shame on you” for doing something “obviously wrong” and cold-heartedly handing out bans, the next week you’re cheerfully blaming Yet Another Tool for the problem. (I was at first agitated at the explanation itself, but then I remembered modern DevOps is such a trashcan fire of patched-together tools I was able to figure out what a dev probably meant and how a non-technical user would interpret it and this seems about right. By the time they’re talking about how their k8s got confused even an actual developer knows to open the emergency liquor drawer.)

Anyway I got confused there but I read you loud and clear. Next time I find something available for the wrong resource, it’s A-OK for me to get as many as I can before you notice and there won’t be repurcussions.

15 Likes

Thank you for the apology and explanation.

I really hope you can get on top of the major QA problems that seem to crop up every 2-3 months.

I’m not satisfied with the lack of resolution.

Not much else to say.

7 Likes

Dear @Saltypatra, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, and I hope for a speedy recovery.

As for the bug with the gold keys, this really sucks for honest people.

If cashing thousands of gold keys, in a short period of time, by people that usually don’t use gold keys, to get the new guardians, in enough quantities to get them to mythic, is not an exploit of a bug, I don’t know what else it could be.

9 Likes

Hardly a single week goes by without something being released being broken and having to be fixed and then (reluctantly) having to apologise about at a later date. Not in the last 2 years anyway.

I guess there is a constant pressure to release stuff without having the time to test it fully and all that happens is a proportion of the player base gets upset as a result.

Not typing all this just as a criticism of the devs, just how things have become unfortunately.

It’s a sad, sad situation.
And it’s getting more and more absurd.

13 Likes

This is some serious crazy bs. They get to just keep maxed out guild guardians right away after an actual obvious exploit. Yet you (royal you, not salty specifically) tell us time and time again that when we have these occur, and there have been many many over the years, that we should never take advantage because bans, morals, rollbacks, etc etc.
All that goes right out the window with how y’all just handled this. Now i see it’s always worth trying because sometimes you just let us keep it and sidestep months of work in a few clicks.

11 Likes

So, it is another Unity bug is it? I’d like more details if possible. You said compiler which turns a high level language like Unity into machine code.

1 Like

A couple of months ago I finally had accrued enough Major Orbs of Ascension to craft Zuul’Goth. I did not want to leave myself empty so held off until I stockpiled a few more. Then the news about the new guild guardians was released. I altered my plan to craft Zuul and decided I would use 6 of those orbs to ascend the new guardians. I knew it would delay crafting Zuul for months but it seemed like a better use of my resources.
Personally, I do not stockpile guild seals but I do have a stash of 130k gold keys - more than enough to make major progress on ascending the new guardians and thus saving my major ascension orbs. The fact that this exploit is being allowed to remain whether it was available for 40 minutes or 40 days is flabbergasting.
I have never viewed GoW as a zero sum game. Just because others are able to gain something does not impede me from procuring it as well. But this is crazy. It has taken a vast amount of time to amass those ascension orbs. Other players will use guild seals to get their guardians ascended. For these players, it most assuredly has taken a significant amount of time to amass the seals needed to do so.
However, had we been quick enough, we could have done all of this, or at least a large portion of it, with simple gold keys.
It saddens me that my last series of posts on the forums has been negative. It is not my MO to be so. But the past month has been difficult to digest with all the changes that have negatively impacted players - this just ices the cake. Incredibly disappointing.

14 Likes

So… Back to guild guardians

Guessing they will be rotated more often. Six new ones of different races makes me think we’ll get one new guild troop a month. Perhaps my gamble of not spending seals in years has paid off?

people need to remember the devs have very little power when it come to release dates the one who holds most of the cards is the publisher so if anyones to blame for something being broken due to insuffincent testing it’s 505

The thing is that the people that got the Guardians to Mythic for gold keys, got them basically by using resources that does not have much value. While other must use Ascension Orbs that is among the most valuable resources in the game at the moment - If they want to get a faster progression with getting the Guardians to Mythic - for a better base Mythic drop rate chance.

So when you compare a decent amount of Gold/Gold Keys to a Minor Ascension Orb the gap is really huge. It’s like comparing plastic to diamonds. Then let not even begin with Major Orb of Ascension and it’s value…

It’s just so disheartening for the honest players - to know that the ones that exploited this won’t get any punishment/reversal. Some people spent even several months collecting Orb of Ascensions, because you can go months without see them. That is how rare and valuable they are.

22 Likes

Is it not possible to at least reverse the ones that managed to exploit it so they got all the Guardians to Legendary/Mythic, at least Mythic? That way the top of the cake will be worned off. And players will at least feel that something was done about this.

My point is, reverse a handful manually is a lot better than not reverse anyone at all.

1 Like

Who are you to talk??

3 Likes

I opened 20 or so gold keys on my alt at reset and got 2 Cunnings. I immediately knew that wasn’t right and didn’t open any gold keys on my main.

I don’t see it as different than the global mail exploit that got people banned. Except that hurt the devs with in-game currency. This just hurts players that used ascension orbs and guild seals while playing the game as it is intended to be played. I think, I’m not so sure anymore.

10 Likes

Please do everyone a favor and go get some manners. Thank you!

12 Likes

Dev problem: We screwed up and can’t fix it. How do we make it right for the rest of the players who did not take advantage of our mistake?

Solution: Give everyone 6 major ascension orbs in the mail.

10 Likes